Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Yes!
45%
No…
29%
Kittens!
26%

Total votes : 58

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Unread postby Xalderin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

swc132994 wrote:There was a member T2_2112 who did manage to translate some of the important dialogue for children and some work tasks.
I think they work on it at a Vietnamese website Gamevn. I PM'ed T2 about the patch but not heard back.
The last translation I have that he posted was dated November 2011.

From what I have seen the hard part is that there are many .MSG files in the MSG folder and you need a special editor to view the content. The editor itself is in Chinese but not difficult to navigate.

So at the moment, ROTK X PUK is looking rather....pale. I'd thought by now (being 2013, and almost 2-8 years since they did anything to it) something would be around, or someone would be willing to update, or work on one. I've done my research on google, and I've found nothing. o.o' Not even the website you mention.
So, I'll just try and deal with it until something/one goes back to it, which I have a feeling people are stuck on XII right now XD And my whole thing is that I love the gameplay in X, simply because I have freedom to do whatever, and am not restricted to just being a sovereign .-. Since that gets boring after a while. But, thanks you, and if you or anyone else finds anything, I'll be one happy Mo Fo. XD
Xalderin
Tyro

Unread postby swc132994 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 am

I think the problem that ROTTK X fell by the wayside was that ROTTK XI came out a year after X meaning everyone dropped onto XI. ROTTK XI received more love because there was a major gap between XI and XII.

I have been searching through the forum and found this topic with the latest patch of T2_2112 (I didn't even realise there was a 2012 patch, just got it myself).
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22317&start=10

The GameVN site link is below. You may want to run the page through a translator unless you understand Vietnamese. Shame I can't understand Vietnamese as the forum seems quite active there.
http://forums.gamevn.com/forumdisplay.p ... -va-others.
swc132994
Apprentice

Unread postby Diemos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Mod edit (James): Content removed. It is against forum rules to seek online downloads of any games other than the old titles offered on the Kongming's Archives download page. Thank you for understanding.
Diemos
Apprentice

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 pm

^ It's against the rules.
Please read this: Reminder: Do NOT discuss pirated versions in this forum!
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

A suggestion

Unread postby swc132994 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

I was wondering if someone could post a sticky topic that contained the links to newer translation patches and other resources such as editors and loaders for the ROTTK games.

[EDIT] 07.03.2013
Id a stick topic cannot be done could the patch links on Kongming.net be updated with the links to patches and other resources, the current links are quite old and outdated?
Last edited by swc132994 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
swc132994
Apprentice

Unread postby swc132994 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know which is the best translation patch to use for (ROTTK) Sangokushi 11 PUK?
I have been reading through the various threads but there are multiple patches and various links are dead.
Any help on this is much appreciated.

Also does anyone know if there is a Loader for San 11 PK which allows inputting of western characters?

{EDIT}
I looked back a couple of pages to the post that "fasterfind" submitted was really helpful, Thank you.
The link to Cao Shang's 1.5 patch doesn't work anymore on the forum.
Last edited by swc132994 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swc132994
Apprentice

Unread postby Lezard » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm

fasterfind post is misleading. EDIT: added two of his links here so people don't have to dig this thread.

Obtaining the best possible PUK translation:

1) Cao Shang 1.5 is available at Kongming’s Archives. It translates the japanese 1.0.0.0 version (there's an official 1.1.1.0 update patch available with bug fixes and Vista support, but nobody translated it). You can use it with chinese version, but bear in mind you'll be converting it to japanese version (so chinese programs intended to work with chinese version won't work with it, like SIRE, because you'll be playing the japanese 1.0.0.0 — there's no chinese version translation). The only file you'll want to use from Cao Shang 1.5 is S11MSG02.s11 anyway.

2) Use ezystyles 1.5 executable (San11PK.exe — also available at Kongming). It's the most complete (still japanese 1.0.0.0 version — like all of them). Note: ezystyles 1.6 is no longer available and was even more buggy (it seems).

3) Use Inquisiteurs msgs (S11MSG00.s11, S11MSG01.s11 and S11MSG03.s11). Currently the best option.
Here: http://www.klancykennedy.com/files/inquisiteurs.zip

4) Use Nikhi Rath's patch (Scenario.s11 and Scen000.s11 to SCEN007.S11). They're more complete. here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbkf1w2hgskvxrk/Nikhil%20Rath%27s%20Retranslation%20Patch%27s.rar

5) Done! Note: alternatively, you can use my improved version of the executable and scenario file (San11PK.exe and Scenario.s11). They're a bit more complete and have closer resemblance with the english version, though you may not like my skill naming take on. Here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jghivr

Hope this makes everything clear.

EDIT: There is a new effort going on to further improve the translation (including a full retranslation of the MSGs). Thread is here: https://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23379 (but it'll take a while for it to be finished and available)

============
EDIT 2: Nikhi Rath's patch attached. In order to extract:
1- Extract the zip (can be done with 7zip)
2- Open the folder
3- Extract the kgb (KGBarchiver required)
Attachments
Nikhi Rath's patch.zip
(79.01 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Last edited by Lezard on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby swc132994 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Hello Lezard,

I want to thank you for the guide to patching ROTTK 11 PK, It was really helpful. I should have paid attention to the Kongming patch webpage for ROTTK 11 instead of just relying on the forum pages.

I am trying your improved version of the scenario file and .exe. I must say so far so good. Keep up the excellent work.

I am very thankful to the people who have dedicated their free time these patches.
swc132994
Apprentice

Unread postby Altimis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Lezard

May I ask question please?

Version 1.0.0.0 you mean are the exe that never updated version, right? I'm bit confused.

Must not update at all? included original San11 no PK too?
Altimis
Tyro

Unread postby Lezard » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Welcome Altimis

Koei released update patches that change the exe, some msg files and other things here and there. But unfortunately it's not possible to update without losing the translation (current koei update patch turns whatever you have into 1.1.1.0 — I'm talking about the japanese version, chinese have a different versioning numeration).

You should:
1- Install the standard game (it's version doesn't matter)
2- Install PK (it's version doesn't matter either)
3- Apply translations as said above
Done! You have the japanese PK 1.0.0.0 translated into english

It's ineffective but "works":
3- Apply koei patch (turning into 1.1.1.0)
4- Apply translations as said above
Done! You have the japanese PK 1.0.0.0 translated into english (yes, by applying the translations you've rolled back to 1.0.0.0 so step 3 was useless, you see?)

It doesn't work:
3- Apply translations as said above
4- Apply koei patch (turning into 1.1.1.0)
Error! I guess the patch won't apply, but if it does the translation will be screwed.
To fix: apply the translation all over again.

Got it?
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms