Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Yes!
44%
No…
31%
Kittens!
25%

Total votes : 59

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Unread postby Glacial » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:44 am

Glacial wrote:Hi, is there any english patch for rtk 10 puk which actually translate the dialogue and not just the menu? I tried one thats on the kongming.net but that didn't translate the dialogue. I find it so hard to complete some of the quests since i dont understand it at all. Thx. :D

Any1? i've read entire post in this topic, and its suggesting that there isn't eng patch that translate the dialogues. But that post was 2 yrs ago, i'm wondering if there is one right now. At least that partially translate the dialogues.
Glacial
Tyro

Unread postby thumbgreen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:48 am

I don't think there is a patch out that translates any of the dialog in rtk 10 puk. I've searched all over and haven't found any patch besides the one hosted on kongming. I've have found a few people on here that talked about doing it; one gave up because it came out on ps2 and another hasn't posted about it since his first couple of posts regarding it though they did seem the most ambitious about it.

Also found a listing on romhacking for an english translation by "Romance of the Three Kingdoms English Translation Projects" but it was unfinished and last updated in '05. Unfortunately they aren't hosting the file and don't point to anywhere that has it.

It's quite frustrating really, as I do enjoy this game a good bit. The dialog however just ruins it for me as I'm a bit obsessive about being able to read everything regardless of how pointless it is. I'd like to hope that one day someone will translate it but I have a feeling I'd have to do it myself. Which isn't an idea I relish as it would probably turn out as bad as or even worse than a babel fish translation.
thumbgreen
Tyro

Unread postby Turk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Patch didn't work at all. It's really strange how Koei didn't care about releasing it in english.
Turk
Apprentice

Unread postby swc132994 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

hi,

I did manage to find after much searching a better translation for ROTTK X. Link is below:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5b9d ... 34329c7a5e

The patches are only for Japanese version of the game.

Still no dialogue translated but all the officer names are translated for the PUK version.

Another useful download is the PK loader if you play with the PUK. It means you can create officers and can click OK with English input, you can even click OK for when officers have a child.
swc132994
Apprentice

Unread postby Smog » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi, after doing some research, I've read about the PUK and the additional features it implements into the game. I own the English version of XI, and wondered if there is some way to apply a PUK patch to my version of the game in order to access the extra features?
"Do no evilness because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is a petty one."
Smog
Apprentice

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 am

Smog wrote:Hi, after doing some research, I've read about the PUK and the additional features it implements into the game. I own the English version of XI, and wondered if there is some way to apply a PUK patch to my version of the game in order to access the extra features?

No; the PUK only works with Asian versions of the game.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Smog » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:21 am

Gray Riders wrote:No; the PUK only works with Asian versions of the game.

So, the only way to play the game with the maximum amount of features is to acquire an Asian version and then PUK patch it? That seems... less than ideal.

edit: But many thanks for the information!
"Do no evilness because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is a petty one."
Smog
Apprentice

Unread postby Lezard » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 am

Hi, anybody knows about any project trying to further translate ROTK XI PUK (jap)?

Cao Shang patch is helpful (and REALLY apreciated), but quite uncomplete, leaving some scenarios unplayable (ex: officer names untranslated) and many other minor things. :|
Note: I've just translated officer names in the 6 untranslated scenarios - http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13577&start=110

All I could find were those dead threads (on a dead forum):
http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/community/index.php?action=printpage;topic=13554.0
http://www.koei.com/community/index.php?action=printpage;topic=14301.0

If anybody knows of a patch or project please tell me. Also if anybody is interested I might share more improvements on the indicated thread and an extra hand would be apreciated :mrgreen: .

thx
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby fasterfind » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 am

The danger of being a waton jerk. Sorry everybody.
Last edited by fasterfind on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fasterfind
Tyro

Unread postby fasterfind » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 am

ROTKXI Translation Sourceforge Project

nope. Removing because Lezard was a jerk about it.
Last edited by fasterfind on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
fasterfind
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms