Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Yes!
44%
No…
31%
Kittens!
25%

Total votes : 59

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Unread postby martianunlimited » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 pm

the RTKX PUK english patch was quite helpful to me, i got enough of the game translated to allow me to play it. unfortunately i the game just "hangs" there when my character had a baby and i had to name the baby.... somehow the "OK" just stays grays out.

Anybody has any work around for this? my guess is that i need a japanese keyboard to enter the name in japanese :(
martianunlimited
Tyro

HELP PLS

Unread postby grapite » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 am

i install a jap ver. of rotk 10 + puk then i download the english patches and place it on the directory folder of the game the game run BUT it doesnt translate anything to english :cry:
grapite
Tyro

Unread postby asakura90 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:33 pm

i install a jap ver. of rotk 10 + puk then i download the english patches and place it on the directory folder of the game the game run BUT it doesnt translate anything to english :cry:

I have the same problem above, can s.o help?
asakura90
Tyro

Unread postby Gargantou » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:56 pm

I was wondering if someone could post some screenshots of ROTKX+PUK with the English patch, to give me an idea of what is and isn't translated etc?

I've owned the PS2 version since release, finally pondering shelling out my hard-earned money for the Japanese PC version+PUK but before that I'd like to get some idea of how much of the game it translates.

I'd also like it if someone could link me to a store that has ROTKX+PUK that ships to countries inside the European Union!

I have no understanding of Japanese nor Chinese so, the only languages I am decently skilled in are English and Swedish.

Thanks for any helpful reply!

//Regards
Gargantou
Tyro

Unread postby CaoLang » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Gargantou wrote:I was wondering if someone could post some screenshots of ROTKX+PUK with the English patch, to give me an idea of what is and isn't translated etc?

I've owned the PS2 version since release, finally pondering shelling out my hard-earned money for the Japanese PC version+PUK but before that I'd like to get some idea of how much of the game it translates.

I'd also like it if someone could link me to a store that has ROTKX+PUK that ships to countries inside the European Union!

I have no understanding of Japanese nor Chinese so, the only languages I am decently skilled in are English and Swedish.

Thanks for any helpful reply!

//Regards

Only names are translated. And very few are at that. Most of them end up being random jumbles letters, numbers, and symbols
CaoLang
Tyro

Unread postby Mancer » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:32 am

Was a version of the patch ever released for PUK version 1.1? Using this one causes the game to revert to version 1.0.
Mancer
Tyro

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Unread postby Hammer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 am

Hi all,

This is concerning ROTK XI with PUK - my goal is to work again the english translation using Cao Shang Patch (enhance the broken english)

So lets start with the results, I am hosting herebelow links to download

s11msg03.s11 - http://rapidshare.com/files/375107433/s11msg01.s11.html

and s11msg01.s11 - http://rapidshare.com/files/375107758/S11MSG03.s11.html

These two files have been modified, about 11% of the s11msg01.11 has been "re-translated", although its "only" 11% you should notice an improvement in your gameplay experience.

(Messages from 1 to 410 and from 1477 to 1374 have been translated)

Regarding the s11msg03.s11 I retranslated about half of it, the half that correspond to the non PUK scenarios.

----------------------------------------

Now this work took me about 6 hours work. I have included at several times a small tag that will enable users to give feedback about the translations. Ex "We will proceed with the research at once! (Msg213)"

If you see the (Msg213) tag, just check if the translation is adequate, if it is not, then please leave a feedback here saying that translation 213 has a problem. Take 1 second of your time, helps me finish the work for you all.

You will see tags either because I was unsure of the translation, or I did not understand the meaning of the original broken english.

I am only asking that you check the translation by playing the game, if there is any interest in helping with this project please post here. I will continue to share my progress if I feel some guys are ready to help.

I have a very busy life but I really want to finish this thing of, any help (or feedback) would be appreciated.

Regards,

Inquisiteur / Hammer
Hammer
Tyro

Unread postby squall leonhart » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I want to translate this game to persian (my native language). Is there any tutorial or guide for translating this game? I want to know, which files hold the string data?
Thanks in advance
squall leonhart
Initiate

Unread postby nikhil » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 am

Hi, Is the Cao Shang retranslation patch project still running?

I'm thinking of starting on a retranslation of the cao shang PUK patch and just wanted to know how far ahead the project is. The links to s11msg files are all broken (removed from rapidshare)

Its easy to translate the ROTK 11 msg files (those common between the Jap version and English version) I use Vans San11 editor.
but the msg's for the PUK are pretty messed up ( a doodle doo, italy.etc.)

I though of translating from scratch (i.e chinese to english but google translate isn't helping
eg..
I put in 屻娍蓮銙J懢庣丒鑵巙蓲韥 from msg15 in the S11Msg02.s11 file and I get

Renshengliankua J Lan Tiaochou Guannaoxudu

... well I'd appreciate if anyone provides me links to the resources used for the Cao Shang Translation. Also the challenge scenarios need translations for the officer names and such, well basically all the dialog needs a total makeover.

And the tutorials are still untranslated and i think this was because of the "del" key being pressed too many times there.

Here's a small (teensy) contribution from my side with more to come. Its basically how the msg's in the eng version files correspond with the msg's in the Jap version

S11MSG03 eng92- jap165
S11MSG02 eng1 - jap2124

That's all I have just want to know how much is already translated so I can maybe take it from there this saving time and concentrating on the PUK portions.
With all due respect and gratitude to all who have managed translations thus far.
-Nik

please reply here or/and at

http://www.koei.com/community/index.php?topic=13554.15
nikhil
Tyro

Unread postby Glacial » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:51 am

Hi, is there any english patch for rtk 10 puk which actually translate the dialogue and not just the menu? I tried one thats on the kongming.net but that didn't translate the dialogue. I find it so hard to complete some of the quests since i dont understand it at all. Thx. :D
Glacial
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms