Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Yes!
45%
No…
29%
Kittens!
26%

Total votes : 58

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Patch Discussion

Unread postby Altimis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Thank for reply and warm welcome, Lezard! :D I been looking at this forum for long time now.

I do applied the first method and its word well! English 70% was translated and looks really playable now! with my experience in original RTKXI, I can figure out what this command, what that stats, what text untranslated (JP) says. My dream about to really die off playing PUK but stuck with my zero experience with JP strike me down, now that dream finally became true because you, Lezard xD I really now enjoy PUK.

THANKS A LOT for instruction!
Altimis
Tyro

Unread postby Lezard » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Haha! Good to hear that everything is fine. But I have little merit really, it's possible because a lot of people before me decided to rolled up their sleeves and translate all this.

Well, have fun! :D
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:51 am

Gamers,

If i upload my ROTK XI PC standard simplified chinese dot exe file, does any of you wanna make into a non-CD patch version ?

Any kind gamers wanna help me do it ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby fasterfind » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 am

I guess I must be an idiot.
Last edited by fasterfind on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fasterfind
Tyro

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:17 am

Ok, you asked for it :rangry:

Although patching by copying files in a certain order doesn't 'patch' a game, it does preserve the history of work done by others.

No, it doesn't. There's no advantage whatsoever on that order and I grant you that copying files in any order will patch the game (with varying results).

I am hopeful that a few people can team up to go over the old content that is in conflict, and choose the best versions so that we can have a good starting point.

Goals:
1. Find the best mix of combined files and release an official 'up to date' patch.

Hell, before resurrecting the topic the least you could do was to read the posts. On previous page:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16573&start=70#p580647
So the "best mix of combined files" was found already (by me alone).

Again this soft talk about teaming up, but the thing is that you're a lazy ass that only hopes others will appear and do all the work, being part of the team helping in any way just isn't in your agenda.

But I have good news! Your prayers have been answered: there's a girl trying to improve the translation on her own (here since you're too lazy to read the forum first page).

2. Keep a historical repository of changes for /dif work.

We're not a team of coders on sourceforge, we're 2~3 people writing english text. Want to help? Ask DreamGoddessLindsey what you can do to help and maybe she'll assign some specific tasks to you.

3. Improve on the existing body of work.

Seriously? But you're a genius! No really, have you thought on these goals all by yourself?

If you want to contact me, please check klancykennedy.com - that has all my contact info such as instant messenger.
WHY on earth would anybody want to contact a lazy ass like you?! You're not willing to move a finger. Or what you really want is to receive the latest patch on your email?

You know what, your annual posts are useless and annoying, f••• OFF!!!
And please, don't bother answering my post in 2015.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby fasterfind » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:13 am

I was the only person that searched high and low for the old translation files, or even cared to give them hosting so they don't die incase anyone needed them.

I thought the files at kongming were out of date, which is why I searched in the first place, then posted, and tried to get people together so that we could update kongming. That was the goal from the beginning, to give people the best translation. That would take a little bit of work.

What you wrote was not only completely wrong about me, and wrong about my work. You didn't even scratch my thought process on saving old work. It was insulting on a personal level. Bro, you got personal and started an internet fight. You lost your cool completely.

I had been working on my own for about a year because I never heard back from the forum. Then one day I checked and saw that the thread still had a little life in it even though I never got an email update about new posts to it.

Lezard, you need to get off this website. It's really consuming your soul and turning you into a dark person. Whatever dignity you used to have, you've lost it. You aren't in control of yourself.

I've edited my posts into oblivion. Why would I want to be on a website with people like you? Why would I want to work with.. someone like you. You're a terrible person on every level. Just.. black. There isn't even any point in trying to defend myself from someone who is that far gone. You've lost it completely.

All this time, I was focusing on doing work that you didn't. Preserving those files, getting people unified, making a unified file that a person could use to patch. Today, none of that exists, and it won't tomorrow either because I'm out. This is my last post. You're just a horrible person, and I'm leaving because of you.
fasterfind
Tyro

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 am

I think I should mention here that Lezard is the main reason I'm working on the translation. I saw his posts and was inspired. This will breathe new life into Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI. It will happen, no doubt, period. The only thing that would stop it is if I were to die, and I'm only 33. It'l be a couple months, but it'll happen, and it'll be awesome. :)
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Lezard » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:00 pm

I don't recommend anybody to read this besides fasterfind. It won't be inspiring at all and I'll say bad things I'm not proud of in this moment of fury.

I was the only person that searched high and low for the old translation files, or even cared to give them hosting so they don't die incase anyone needed them.

Now listen here you piece of shit: I found those translations and pointed where they were before your post (here is my post).

Here is Nikhil thread on webarchive since tecmokoeiamerica is gone again (as you can see it's one of the URLs of my post):
http://web.archive.org/web/20120608142236/http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/community/index.php?topic=14301.0

You've pointed to HIS dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbkf1w2hgskvxrk/Nikhil%20Rath%27s%20Retranslation%20Patch%27s.rar

Maybe I haven't directly linked Inquisiteurs work, but you found it because I showed the way (later I found his work there too). You talk about it as if it was a big deal and we owed you something. Do you want a medal or what? Now my name isn't Lezard, I don't care for the credits and I don't like to stimulate useless vanity, I've never said word about it, but if somebody deserves any credit it's people like Nikhil and many others who truly worked on the translation.

You really think a few minutes search and hosting a few KBs is a big deal? I've spend MUCH more time searching and I'm hosting few MBs, still, I don't expect to be worshiped because of that or think anybody owes me anything. More than that I've being around much longer, helped a lot of people and have put effort on some projects. Do you really want to compare?

I thought the files at kongming were out of date, which is why I searched in the first place, then posted, and tried to get people together so that we could update kongming. That was the goal from the beginning, to give people the best translation. That would take a little bit of work.

Yeah, that would take little bit of work that you never did! You tried to get people together? f••• you! I've asked for help before you've arrived with your soft talk about teaming up. When you appeared I said I was in, but you never answered! (because you never intended to do anything). How did you tried to get people to work together? By not following your own post? By not offering any actual help on your part (you want to form a team but not be part of it? Go f••• yourself!)

What you wrote was not only completely wrong about me, and wrong about my work. You didn't even scratch my thought process on saving old work. It was insulting on a personal level. Bro, you got personal and started an internet fight. You lost your cool completely.

You never did any work, NOTHING, ZERO, NADA.

What I wrote seems completely right: you're lazy. Guessing whether you're stupid? Think no more, because yes, you are! And you're immature too (leaving your whole attitude and last post aside — editing all your previous posts and making those comments look like something you'd expect from an adult? Really?).

"scratch my thought process on saving old work"? WTF? You really call using a cloud service to share others work a "thought process"? Do you realize I use a service like dropbox too (or that I'm one of the advocates of documenting and passing on our knowledge). Or are you talking about sourceforge? Do you realize we're few noncoders, working on a codeless project, and that using this forum and dropbox is MUCH more realistic?

Wow! You noted I'm angry! Very good, now you really can't see the reason? Are you handicap? You not only haven't helped back then, but also claimed credit you're not due. You came here one year later to wrongly correct my post and repeat your soft talk again, without even reading a bit to update yourself (in the end my post even helped you!). Well that's like spitting on my face! I'm on my own right to be mad at you. What did you expect? To be clear: that's a rhetorical question.

I had been working on my own for about a year because I never heard back from the forum. Then one day I checked and saw that the thread still had a little life in it even though I never got an email update about new posts to it.

You NEVER worked AT ALL. You never participated here in the forum or followed your posts. Then like one year later you come here spit on my face! Have you never being on a forum before? you have to SUBSCRIBE to receive emails and even if you didn't knew that it's commonsense that you would actively check whether you got an answer to your call.

Lezard, you need to get off this website. It's really consuming your soul and turning you into a dark person. Whatever dignity you used to have, you've lost it. You aren't in control of yourself.

Just because the lazy, immature and now feely "fasterfind" got all offended and said so. GROW UP! ("fasterfind" — what a name choice — you really think finding stuff on the net is a big deal don't you)

I've edited my posts into oblivion. Why would I want to be on a website with people like you? Why would I want to work with.. someone like you. You're a terrible person on every level. Just.. black. There isn't even any point in trying to defend myself from someone who is that far gone. You've lost it completely.

Coming from the biggest jerk to ever step on this forum. But whatever, you and nothing is pretty much the same. You won't be missed, I can assure. (I don't see any point in your ridiculous "defense" either)

All this time, I was focusing on doing work that you didn't. Preserving those files, getting people unified, making a unified file that a person could use to patch. Today, none of that exists, and it won't tomorrow either because I'm out. This is my last post. You're just a horrible person, and I'm leaving because of you.

Oh, yes, you did a great work linking others work, hosted on their own spaces on the cloud. Did a pretty good job getting people unified as well, your team and its accomplishments are just great (which were they? oh yes I have unified the files alone). I have no words to describe how awesome you are.

Learn to read genius! It all exists and is being improved by people better than you! Hey! Wait a minute! Let me see if I get it: instead of working (which wouldn't be more than your obligation after repeating your team soft talk), your excuse for being lazy now is that you hate me, even though DreamGoddessLindsey is the one you'd work with? Sensational! You're unbelievable!

Now that you've been torn apart you have few options:
- stop whining, apologize and start helping (would at least prove you have one quality: you can evolve learning from your mistakes)
- get the f••• out of here with the tail between your legs (much like you — what can I say — oh, yes: good riddance!)
- keep whining (which will only give me more fuel and make you more wrong)

EDIT:
Good I see you decided to help Lindsey, maybe there's hope for you. Now where are my apologies?
No, the son of a b**** isn't helping.
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:11 pm

I mean I'm fine with being called lazy, because I am, and I'd be fine with being called stupid, because when it comes to editing, hexing, coding, anything of the sort, I don't know the difference, and I barely have time in between work and school to learn, albeit the lazy part comes in. I'm just posting around to see if, yes, the smarter people who have rolled up their sleeves in an attempt to fix the game up have made progress. So if there happens to be anything on this topic I've missed concerning easy-to-download patches or whatever have you exist, I'd be eternally grateful. Most links I'm clicking on no longer exist, and the one's that do, I wouldn't even begin to know where to place them once having downloaded them, how to access them through..Winzip..what? (Are we accessing the file to translate them..just what?) How to access them in game to use them, I mean is there a click option for self-proclaimed stupids like "add 1000 gold to blank city" rather than "Command e555Sdsdadwe" click me and drag me here now translate me now navigate me through programs yes now you have 1000 gold. I mean this is like learning how to read all over again.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 am

Nobody in this forum is going to call you any of these things for doing questions, rest assured.

Now I'm not sure of what you're looking for. But in this thread:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22866
you'll find some useful links. There you can find the RTKXI Trainer (which does what you've described) and also some niceties under "Actual content".

About Winzip and the such:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_archiver
In practice just setup 7zip (freeware) and you'll be able to extract almost every format.
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms