Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Man Chong » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:57 pm

Anyone getting an scrolling bug?

Right now when I load a game, it randomly just auto-scrolls up and overrides my manual scrolling. Can't control it.

It's super random, and I haven't figured out how to fix it. Anyone else experience the same problem?
Man Chong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:59 am

we can consider create a male officer, make him younger brother of Cao Cao

then use hex editor to edit him

Clan: 57 01 ( This is cao cao clan)
Father: EC 07 ( Cao cao father )
Generation: 01
birthyear: later than year 155
birthplace: 03
compatibility value: 25 ( numeric value )

I did it before, use this character to wipe out Cao Cao force, Cao Cao immediately joins my force
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:39 am

Just spotted an error

Character Liu Feng generation byte

4C 69 75 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 46 65 6E 67 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 C2 00 00 CE 00 BC 00 DC 00 01 7B 02 7B 02 FF FF 01 FF FF FF FF 4B 79 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3A 02 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 1F 00 1F 00 06 50 FF FF 00 00 00 02 00 00 02 02 01 4B 4F 2C 32 4C 04 04 04 04 04 09 22 00 02 00 01 02 02 0F 02 00 02 00 4C 4A 4C 70 6F 6F FF FF FF FF FF FF C8 00 00 00

Look at the bold & underlined text, Liu Feng's generation should be 02, because he is Liu Bei adopted son
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lorric » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm

I did my first AI-only playthrough of X Series 190. This is a quote from the notes of 190 X:
Liu Pi, representing the Yellow Turban remnants, and the other two guys down south were mainly inserted to stop the reckless southern expansion.

Well it didn't work! :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:

I don't know if this is at all typical or just a freak occurance. In vanilla 190, Tao QIan regularly spreads freely through the South, but his force doesn't seem to amass many troops, and he's never won the scenario. Here though he went through those new guys down South like a hot knife through butter, and amassed a force of unbridled power that would make even Dong Zhuo excited, well over 400,000 troops while no one else had much more than 100,000. He just overwhelmed everyone! The faction passed to Chen Gui then Chen Deng and finally it was Zhang Lu ruling China at the end.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:54 am

Yeah I mean they are more of a speed bump than anything else. That's pretty impressive that Tao Qian did so well though, his AI has never demonstrated such talent in my games. :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lorric » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:55 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Yeah I mean they are more of a speed bump than anything else. That's pretty impressive that Tao Qian did so well though, his AI has never demonstrated such talent in my games. :lol:

Second attempt is going much differently. Tao Qian has beginner resources while everyone else has advanced this time. Last time Cao Cao got his hands on Dong Zhuo about 9 months in iirc and took his head, and in a few years the coalition smothered his faction. This time he's alive and kicking, and sweeping all before him. His first victim was Yuan Shu, who last time was the second last to fall to the mighty Gu Empire. Ma Teng and Sun Jian have also been taken out by Dong Zhuo. In the North, last time Yuan Shao took out Gongsun Zan, this time Zan has a big advantage. Tao Qian has two cities and Kong Rong has turned on him and has a good chance of taking him out.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Death » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:27 am

Nice image up there of Tao Qian having most of the map. Even when I used the randomizer and it selected Tao Qian as one of the AI rulers again, and it actually gave him some decent generals, I don't think I've ever seen him get more than 2 cities or do much of anything, so seeing him conquer the entire map under the AI is pretty surprising :lol:
Death
Changshi

Unread postby Lorric » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:12 am

Death wrote:Nice image up there of Tao Qian having most of the map. Even when I used the randomizer and it selected Tao Qian as one of the AI rulers again, and it actually gave him some decent generals, I don't think I've ever seen him get more than 2 cities or do much of anything, so seeing him conquer the entire map under the AI is pretty surprising :lol:

Despite my prediction, he did well in the second game too, even as the only one with beginner resources, though Dong Zhuo looks set for the win. Two events helped Dong Zhuo immensely though. First, while he was still growing, taking out Zhang Lu and Liu Biao, Cao Cao was eating into him. But Tao Qian destroyed Kong Rong, then conquered the South again, then broke alliance on Cao Cao, and Cao Cao was crushed between Dong Zhuo and Tao Qian.

Second, after Gongsun Zan conquered the North, it looked set for a showdown between an alliance of Gongsun Zan and Tao Qian, who both had 9 cities each, vs Dong Zhuo. But then Tao Qian took Chen Liu from Dong Zhuo, which cut off Gongsun Zan, forcing him to break alliance on Tao Qian.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Lorric » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Well, it ended in a stalemate. Here's the map at 250/1/11:

It's frustrating when that happens, but especially on an early scenario. That was just under 6 hours without a winner. But at least with it being so massively different from the first run there's plenty of chance of a different result next time.

It's funny, in the X version, the coalition was greatly strengthened, A strong Sun Jian force brought up to Xu Chang, and Yuan Shu and Ma Teng greatly strengthened. But these three were the first to fall to Dong Zhuo. Although it must be said Dong Zhuo also gets another 10 officers. In the North, where efforts were made to rein in that magnificent, wild stallion Gongsun Zan, he broke free of his harness and conquered the North anyway. And Tao Qian took the South. At this point, Dong Zhuo was run by Liao Hua, Gongsun Zan by Liu Shan and Tao Qian by Sun Quan.

I've done a lot of X Series runs now, and you might be interested in the results. I can post more about them if you want, but here are the winners. Keep in mind forces drop to beginner stats after they get a win:

184 X – Sun Jian, Han, Gongsun Zan
185 X – Cao Cao, Turbans, Cao Cao
191 X – Gongsun Zan, Gongsun Zan
192 X – Cao Cao, Cao Cao
200 X – Cao Cao
207 X – Cao Cao, Cao Cao
211 X – Cao Cao, Cao Cao
223 – Wei, Wu (near full conquest, had 40), Wu

Also, in the rivalry between Yuan Shao and Gongsun Zan, here's the result of their struggles across all my playthroughs, not just X scenarios:

186 – Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao, Yuan Shao, Yuan Shao (Crash game)
190 – Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao, Yuan Shao, Gongsun Zan, Gongsun Zan
190 X – Yuan Shao, Gongsun Zan
192 – N/A (both still there right at the end when Wei destroyed them), Yuan Shao
192 X – Yuan Shao (Gongsun Du killed Zan though), Yuan Shao
194 – Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao, Gongsun Zan
196 – Yuan Shao, Yuan Shao
198 – Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao
199 – Yuan Shao, Yuan Shao, Yuan Shao
251 – Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao

Note that in 190, Gongsun Zan won the first playthrough outright, so had beginner stats vs Yuan Shao in the second, which Yuan Shao won outright. So then they both had beginner stats. Gongsun Zan won the fifth playthrough outright after wins for Cao Cao and Dong Zhuo in 3 and 4.

That 186 crash is the only time I've run into a show stopper crash. It's unfortunate for Yuan Shao, as he was the favourite at the time for an outright win, having conquered the North considerably earlier than the other two times he beat Zan.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Lorric » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:16 pm

I have a question, does anyone know the answer?

It's possible to load and save a game of a scenario even if you don't have that scenario. Is it possible to load and save a game that contains custom officers, even if you don't have those custom officers?

And if yes, do those officers keep their ties, which would otherwise be lost if you exported your officers to someone else?

I can upload a save with my officers for testing if someone wants to test, or test someone else's.
Lorric
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms