Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Thingolfin » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:33 am

Death wrote:
Thingolfin wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there any way to add more portraits for custom officers in the game?

Currently making a database of characters from The Silmarillion, and am running out of portraits that makes sense to use.

Are you using Killaz' program here to add them?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19619

You can use the Add Head File option on the bottom to add up to 200 new portraits to the game. If you already did that and still need more room, can also start replacing npc's that are in the game that never get used really, and then can start replacing regular officer's as well, hopefully that gives you enough room. :mrgreen:

Oh thanks! Is there a site somewhere that has a gallery of cool custom portraits?
Thingolfin
Apprentice

Unread postby Death » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:55 pm

If you're looking for the actual rotk officers, there's the Koei wiki and another one that have a lot of nice pics for them, from older and newer games of rotk and others like NA and DW Blast. If you mean custom ones for created characters, that might be a bit harder, since there's probably tons of places you could look :mrgreen: There's one Netshow site I think that has a lot, and I was able to get a bunch from there, but is entirely in Japanese for the most part so you'd have to dig around a bit:

https://game.ali213.net/forum.php?mod=f ... peid=13020
Death
Scholar

Unread postby Thingolfin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 am

Thanks for the help - do you customily scale things down to 256x256? I can't seem to find many that are the correct image size (except the portraits that are from XI and previous games in the series), probably just me being incompetent!
Thingolfin
Apprentice

Unread postby Death » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:47 pm

The program to add images I linked has a thing to scale the size of the image you take from whatever image you are using built in, so I didn't have to scale anything really outside of that, only had to do it when the image I did have was way too big to fit anything in decently xD
Death
Scholar

Unread postby Thingolfin » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Cheers!

Started a pretty interesting game in year 184. Took control of all the various rulers, then had the following rulers go rebel (by rumour/collaberating their town with my other controlled forces):

- Cao Cao with Xiahou brothers and 5-6 more of his loyal men in Ru nan
- Yuan Shao with Yuan Shu, and a couple more Yuan loyalists in Xiang Yang
- Liu Bei and his brothers, along with Liao Hua, Jian Yong, Yan Yan and a few more under the leadership of Liu Yan (who will die soon, I banished his weakling son so he won't inherit) in Jiang Zhou (long, long march for Liu Bei to get there). I had Ding Yuan take over Liu Yan's old base up north.
- Lu Bu in Lu Jiang with some bandits.

My reasoning is that those are the rulers that do relatively well in other games. So by spreading them out it could make for an interesting starting point, instead of the boring two or three way split of the map with Dong Zhuo and Sun Jian that usually happens if not. I don't build anything for the various forces except maybe a market and a farm - the game starts properly when all the rulers are in place to start.

Myself I'm playing as a custom ruler down in Ling Ling (the only one I don't control until the game is ready, as it only allows for 8 rulers).
Thingolfin
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms