Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Li_Shengsun » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am

foosoomin wrote:hi li shengsun,

Thank you for providing he thread link :)

However, that is not the San11editor i'm asking for

The San11 you gave me is face editor (Potrait) editor, not the san11 game editor

i see, what about this?

http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23801
Everyone has flaws. It's a matter of finding the ones you can live with.
Li_Shengsun
Initiate

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:26 am

tried playing as Zhang Lu in "Lord of Zhong Yuan" scenario, with a created officer warrior

Cannot withstand Dong Zhuo attack for very long....

we will need to edit Zhang Lu & Zhang Wei stats to much stronger, so that can fight it out with Dong Zhuo force
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 pm

This game is pretty hard. What is a recommended start? I played Liu Bei in the Dong Zhuo scenario, but everything goes slowly because I have very few officers. I took Nanpi from Yuan Shao, but it wasn't long before he retaliated and found myself in a tricky position. I'm contemplating playing Liu Bei in the scenario were he only holds Jing and Cao Cao hasn't conquered Xiliang yet, but of course Cao Cao is huge :lol:

Another option is Sun Ce or Liu Bei in the warlords scenario, or maybe Dong Zhuo in the yellow turban rebellion. I just want a balanced scenario, and from what I can gather, the anti dong zhuo coalition isn't because the assassination of Dong Zhuo only triggers... if you're Dong Zhuo himself :roll:

Apart from that, this game is really cool. I used to find it very frustrating, but now that I'm playing it again, I think it's still kind of hard but I enjoy the mechanics it has, kind of reminds me of Nobunaga's Ambition Iron Triangle. If you can offer me some guidelines too, I'll appreciate it.
Qin Feng
Assistant

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Qin Feng wrote:This game is pretty hard. What is a recommended start? I played Liu Bei in the Dong Zhuo scenario, but everything goes slowly because I have very few officers. I took Nanpi from Yuan Shao, but it wasn't long before he retaliated and found myself in a tricky position. I'm contemplating playing Liu Bei in the scenario were he only holds Jing and Cao Cao hasn't conquered Xiliang yet, but of course Cao Cao is huge :lol:

Another option is Sun Ce or Liu Bei in the warlords scenario, or maybe Dong Zhuo in the yellow turban rebellion. I just want a balanced scenario, and from what I can gather, the anti dong zhuo coalition isn't because the assassination of Dong Zhuo only triggers... if you're Dong Zhuo himself :roll:

Apart from that, this game is really cool. I used to find it very frustrating, but now that I'm playing it again, I think it's still kind of hard but I enjoy the mechanics it has, kind of reminds me of Nobunaga's Ambition Iron Triangle. If you can offer me some guidelines too, I'll appreciate it.

Once you play through a couple of scenarios, you will probably find the game is a bit too easy actually :mrgreen:
One scenario you could try is Dong Zhuo's Rise and start off as Sun Jian. He's way in the south alone in Chang Sha I believe, so you will have time before you have to fight anyone. Start off a bit slow and recruit some troops, then send someone to start taking the nearby cities and eventually you will be able to control most of the south before you have to fight someone like Liu Biao, searching and employing the free officers that you find in your area. After you own a couple of cities, you can have the AI run a district for you and have them send you supplies and troops and have them handle a couple of cities in the back of the force while you focus on expanding your territory. I wouldn't recommend them fighting for you though as the AI can make some questionable decisions sometimes, but its up to you as well. Either way yeah, try expanding your cities and building up and by the time you have to fight, you should have at least a few cities to send troops from as well as building up your officer count to help make things easier.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:41 am

To chime in a bit. If you do Sun Jian in 190 then after you wipe out Liu Biao, you should expand into the southeast - or even do that from the start if you want. That area around Jianye is relatively easy to fortify/defend and has a lot of officers to find.

The most balanced scenario in my opinion would be the 194 one, there are no clear-cut blobbers in the beginning and most forces are relatively balanced.

190 Liu Bei is more like a challenge mode of sorts, while Guan Yu and zhang Fei are great warriors, you need to be able to field a lot of units in this game for battles, you can't just send out one or two guys with max troops and slaughter everything.

That scenario where Liu Bei has Jing and Cao Cao has almost everything else (211 I think?) is actually a pretty easy one as Liu Bei because he has so many great officers. But until you get a hang of maintaining multiple cities, I wouldn't recommend it, playing as a force with several cities can be overwhelming when you are new to things.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:33 am

Hi Qin Feng,

Try playing as Zhang Lu in 191年7月 序を制する者 scenario (i'm playing now).

Your force will get wipe out very easily, because Dong Zhuo is way too strong. He will keep attacking you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1A6e3Td3IA
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:35 am

Playing as Liu Bei in Dong Zhuo Rise scenario is a good start.....because many forces are allied......

You have to quickly build up your military before forces annual alliance with you, then start attacking you
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm

Zhang Lu seems to be in the face of danger :lol:
I restarted as Liu Bei in 190 and conquered Han Fu, but lost all my saves, so I'll pass. Sun Jian 190 it is, then, I'll see how it goes.
How do you guys know which cities are good and have plenty of officers and which don't? There doesn't seem to be a clear indicator of it.
Qin Feng
Assistant

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:11 pm

Some cities like Chen Liu, Jiang Liang, Xu Chang and Luo Yang usually have a lot of officers that appear in them, although they move around too to nearby cities each month, and also depends on what scenario you are playing, as some of the earlier ones, a lot of officers aren't even born yet, but those are typically some of the better cities to employ officers from from my experience
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 pm

Also, one thing I like to do playing 190 is to keep checking the officer tab. It will show free officers in open cities that you can recruit. As there are so many unoccupied cities early on you can usually find some good ones.
Some are quite far away, so you have to decide if it's worth sending an officer on a long trip to recruit him.

Like Val said, all the major cities are hotspots for officers. Cao Cao sits on a goldmine at Chen Liu.
But with Sun Jian, if you head east and north (Chai Sang, Jian Ye, etc.) you'll find a lot of good Wu officers eventually.
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius
Sakae Wu
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms