Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Death » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:22 am

Thanks for the links, I will check them out and post if I figure it out of what they did. As for increasing the troops for gates and ports, that is not in the scenario files, you have to edit your actual exe to do it. They are stored in 4 bytes in the exe, so for example, if you search for 30,000 in hex (port limit) and search for 30 75 00 00 and you can find the values for ports and gates. There's 27 or something instances of that number, I changed all of them and the ports were upgraded. You may not need to actually change all of them though, but you need to change at least a few of them, I need to test the game by playing to see if anything else has changed though. An example is food max is 50,000 for a unit, I searched for the hex numbers for 50k, using 4 bytes only again so 50 C3 00 00, found several of those numbers in the exe, changing only 1 made the visual only on the menu appear more than 50k, but when you march the unit out, it drops to 50k again so that byte only affected the menu itself. Changing 2 of those bytes made the food more in the menu and on the map, but it went back to 50k on the next turn, changing all of those bytes of the value of 50 C3 00 00 fixed it so it works properly, so the game seems to store those values in several places for max things and you need to change all of them for it to work properly. Still will test all these things for playing through a new game and see how the changes go though.
Also you can change the amount of troops each unit can command in the scenario.s11 file by actually changing the number in each officer or ruler rank, the values for troop command are all in there, for ranks you assign to your officers as well as the ones that have no rank. So yeah some of these limits are in different places. City troop max- actual scenario files, port, gate, and food max- exe, and unit troops- scenario.s11 :mrgreen:

I explained ranks in the 2nd post of this thread-
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=23909

Edit- They seem to be using that San11 SIRE program or whatever its called to edit actual skills, something I never was able to figure out how it works. So if you know how to use that at all, either by testing or finding more info about it, then that is what you'd need to edit skills or create new ones, I don't know how that works though unfortunately.
Death
Scholar

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:29 am

@val,

1) Thanks for willing to check out what those chinese players did to combine skills altogether, to form another new skill

2) Noted on the increasing troops on gates on ports explanation

3) Yup, i know how to change officer rank, to let them command more troops

4) OK, port, gate, and food max, to edit in the main .exe file

5) i do not know how to use the San11editor

6) oh, you same as me, in Point 5
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:30 am

i have marched units to several relic/shrine coordinates, have not found anything yet.

Damn !!!
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:12 am

if i am not wrong, those "ghost characters" are stored in scenario.s11 file
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Death » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 am

foosoomin, if you can read Vietnamese (I can't read it at all so didn't check much of anything on the site) you can check here for the SIRE program they are using to edit/create skills if you haven't seen this already-
http://forum.gamevn.com/threads/rtk-11- ... a.1238434/

They seem to be working only on the Chinese version though (I think you have the same English version that I do). I don't know how that program works whatsoever, but it seems to be editing actual memory, something you can do with other programs like IDA, Olydbg x64 or even Cheat Engine, so if you can't get that SIRE thing to work, maybe you can use one of those instead. You'd probably need to find the actual skills in memory and edit them that way, but again I never tried this so not sure, but its possible at least from checking those links you posted. I can use Cheat Engine, but the other 2 I listed are quite difficult to use :mrgreen:

For ghost characters you are referring to some of the officers that don't show up in game or npcs, but still show up as parents for some officers? I have no idea where those are listed, can't even see them in the scenario.s11 file either.
Death
Scholar

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 am

@val,

1) I don't understand Vietnamese language

2) the SIRE works on Chinese version game

3) I have 3 copies of this game, English standard PC version, simplified chinese standard PC version, traditional chinese standard PC version with PUK

4) I do not know IDA, Olydbg x64 or even Cheat Engine

5) Ghost characters, yes...i refering to those show up as parents or ancestors, they can be found in the scenario.s11 file, cos i saw Cao Song name inside
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:16 am

for those of you who create new officers & knows how to use hex editor to edit officer stats,

Please take note of this

Example: you have edited the created officer compatibility value & birthplace via hex editor

- if you start a new game, place create officers into the scenario

- save the new game, exit the game

- use hex editor & open the save file, amend the officer Compability Value & Birthplace back to it's original value ( you originally changed in Makedata )

- reason: once you start a new game, the game will change the created officer/officers Compatibility value & Birthplace value to other value

This was what i do in my current game, i saved the game once new game started, use hex editor & check the save file, indeed the created officers Compability Value & Birthplace value changed, have to edit back

Hope i share good news here :D
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:34 am

hi guys,

Concerning the San11editor.....where can we get the English DLL file, so that we can run this editor in English language

Anyone can advice ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Li_Shengsun » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 am

foosoomin wrote:hi guys,

Concerning the San11editor.....where can we get the English DLL file, so that we can run this editor in English language

Anyone can advice ?

http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19619

that one i guess?
Everyone has flaws. It's a matter of finding the ones you can live with.
Li_Shengsun
Initiate

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 am

hi li shengsun,

Thank you for providing he thread link :)

However, that is not the San11editor i'm asking for

The San11 you gave me is face editor (Potrait) editor, not the san11 game editor
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms