Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:09 am

Question, though -- I don't see a Version listed anywhere in the game, is there a patch I need to be getting to bring it up to the latest revision? Or is there no such thing?

There's no such thing for english version. You can see 1.0.0.0 by right-clicking and looking the properties.

But there are few things you can do to minimize crashes, like the config for duels and editing scenarios to avoid Dengs crash. Perhaps Zyzyfer have already fixed files to post, I don't know.

Other than that only fan made stuff like trainers, scenarios and editors.

By the way, I believe San11Snd works with the english version (the tracks just happen to be nameless). It's silly, but occurred to me that Hyper90 and others could think otherwise before trying.
User avatar
Lezard Valeth
Assistant
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:57 am

Lezard Valeth wrote:
Question, though -- I don't see a Version listed anywhere in the game, is there a patch I need to be getting to bring it up to the latest revision? Or is there no such thing?


There's no such thing for english version. You can see 1.0.0.0 by right-clicking and looking the properties.

But there are few things you can do to minimize crashes, like the config for duels and editing scenarios to avoid Dengs crash. Perhaps Zyzyfer have already fixed files to post, I don't know.




Kind of a drag that they didn't bother to do a bugfix update, but I'm not shocked.

Can you elaborate on the underlined though? Dengs crash? Duel config? Very much appreciated.

Loving the game as it is so far, I see no need for trainers or cheats. If I want to rig the game, I'll just make a hundred officers with max stats. :lol:
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:31 am

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:50 am

The game crashes every time you get near a flag with the "Deng" character on it (for example when you get near Deng Ai's force in Rise of Heroes or the Yellow Turbans send Deng Mao out with a unit). This can be solved by "moving" the officer codes of all Deng officers into new slots, which Zyzyfer did in the X series scenarios (but they also change many other things like officer stats).
User avatar
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 am
Location: Germany

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 am

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:The game crashes every time you get near a flag with the "Deng" character on it (for example when you get near Deng Ai's force in Rise of Heroes or the Yellow Turbans send Deng Mao out with a unit). This can be solved by "moving" the officer codes of all Deng officers into new slots, which Zyzyfer did in the X series scenarios (but they also change many other things like officer stats).



Wow...I haven't encountered that issue yet. This is in the English version? I'm currently playing the YT scenario and Deng Mao is in play.
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:31 am

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes, English.
For me it didn't crash all the time, sometimes I got away with it and their flags were just blank.
It will just happen if the flag itself is onscreen or "near", so if Deng Mao sits in the city the whole time, it won't matter. Once he gets out, you usually run the risk of getting a crash.
User avatar
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 am
Location: Germany

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:17 am

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:Can you elaborate on the underlined though? Dengs crash? Duel config? Very much appreciated.


Off the top of my head, the big glitches are:

Dengs

There is a glitch with the flag when any existing officer with the Deng/Ning family name (there are six in all, Deng Mao, Deng Zhi, Deng Xian, Deng Ai, Deng Zhong, Ning Sui) is leading a unit. Going near that unit on the map could cause the game to freeze and close. It seems to be avoidable after the bug occurs if the player doesn't save the game again. Other options are to use hex editing to relocate the officers to slots that aren't buggy and/or kill them off.

It's worth noting that, in my experience, created officers with the Deng surname also seemed to cause the bug to occur. And the existing slots for those six officers are "cursed", so you can't stick someone like Pei Yuanshao in Deng Ai's slot to get around it. Pei will become glitchy instead.

Duels

There is a bug when the "Choose" viewing option is enabled that causes the game to hang and crash at times. Both the "Watch" and "Skip" options are fine. And debates are fine.

Reinforcements

This one doesn't get talked about all that much, but it can ruin your save file if you're unlucky. If you are asked by an allied force to send reinforcements and agree to do so, and then, I believe, ceasefire/ally with the target force, it will cause the game to crash. If your last save already has the unit marching and the diplomatic orders in motion, there's not a reliable "in-game" way to get around it, so the save becomes ruined. There are plenty of save slots, so practice good save habits and it shouldn't cause any huge headaches.

Through hex, the problem can be circumvented by temporarily "killing" the marching officer or delaying the arrival of the diplomatic officer until the unit is no longer deployed.

-----

I think those are the big three to watch out for. The odd occasional random glitch can also happen - I had one that corrupted a save with no clear culprit recently! - but generally, the game itself is fairly stable outside of the above three issues. However...

I just started learning about that today...game crashes when I'm in fullscreen anytime it tries to transition into the Dueling movie. I had to decline to watch duels and changed to windowed to get past it, but I got Yan Yan out of the deal so my complaint is minimal.


Some people do, as you've experienced, have issues and bugs when it comes to screen size vis-à-vis hardware and so on. While the outcome of a debate usually has no serious consequences and can often be skipped/avoided, you don't want to leave the result of a duel up to number-crunching and lose a key commander in an important battle. Do what you have to with window size so that you are always able to watch them.

Loving the game as it is so far, I see no need for trainers or cheats. If I want to rig the game, I'll just make a hundred officers with max stats. :lol:


The skills themselves can actually turn the tables far more than the stats. I assume since you were lurking prior to posting, you are familiar with some of the standard skill combos, yeah?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:52 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
Off the top of my head, the big glitches are:

Dengs

There is a glitch with the flag when any existing officer with the Deng/Ning family name (there are six in all, Deng Mao, Deng Zhi, Deng Xian, Deng Ai, Deng Zhong, Ning Sui) is leading a unit. Going near that unit on the map could cause the game to freeze and close. It seems to be avoidable after the bug occurs if the player doesn't save the game again. Other options are to use hex editing to relocate the officers to slots that aren't buggy and/or kill them off.

It's worth noting that, in my experience, created officers with the Deng surname also seemed to cause the bug to occur. And the existing slots for those six officers are "cursed", so you can't stick someone like Pei Yuanshao in Deng Ai's slot to get around it. Pei will become glitchy instead.


Argh, that's terrible. Deng Zhi and Deng Ai are hot stuff if I remember correctly. I'll just have to be diligent on recruiting all the Dengs I can and sticking them in Yunan or the Four Districts, and/or never putting them in control of a fielded unit.


Duels

There is a bug when the "Choose" viewing option is enabled that causes the game to hang and crash at times. Both the "Watch" and "Skip" options are fine. And debates are fine.


Ah, there's the rub then. I had duels set to Choose.

I think those are the big three to watch out for. The odd occasional random glitch can also happen - I had one that corrupted a save with no clear culprit recently! - but generally, the game itself is fairly stable outside of the above three issues. However...

I just started learning about that today...game crashes when I'm in fullscreen anytime it tries to transition into the Dueling movie. I had to decline to watch duels and changed to windowed to get past it, but I got Yan Yan out of the deal so my complaint is minimal.


Some people do, as you've experienced, have issues and bugs when it comes to screen size vis-à-vis hardware and so on. While the outcome of a debate usually has no serious consequences and can often be skipped/avoided, you don't want to leave the result of a duel up to number-crunching and lose a key commander in an important battle. Do what you have to with window size so that you are always able to watch them.


I try to play all games in fullscreen that matches my native resolution, it usually works pretty good. So far so good here, though I just had a crashout in the final tutorial for no reason...but I was only a few turns in so I'll just start it over.

Loving the game as it is so far, I see no need for trainers or cheats. If I want to rig the game, I'll just make a hundred officers with max stats. :lol:


The skills themselves can actually turn the tables far more than the stats. I assume since you were lurking prior to posting, you are familiar with some of the standard skill combos, yeah?


I'm getting the hang of it. By nature I'm a builder/logistics kind of guy, so things like Mi Zhu's money booster and Zhang Lu's food booster are the kinds of things that get my attention...also things like Breeding, Fortification and the other developmental skills. I assume just having Zhang Lu in the city conveys the benefit, right? He doesn't actually have to be the prefect?

Thanks for the info.
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:31 am

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:31 am

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:Argh, that's terrible. Deng Zhi and Deng Ai are hot stuff if I remember correctly. I'll just have to be diligent on recruiting all the Dengs I can and sticking them in Yunan or the Four Districts, and/or never putting them in control of a fielded unit.


Still got to watch out. If a Deng is leading a build or transport unit, the game can still bug out. The best basic trick you can do is to keep them in a city you directly control and have them be lieutenants for your units.

Honestly, if you don't end up checking out the X Series scenarios or getting into hex editing down the road, I could probably just send you the original files with the Deng bug sorted out by relocating those six guys. It's not very time-consuming for the original scenarios...

I'm getting the hang of it. By nature I'm a builder/logistics kind of guy, so things like Mi Zhu's money booster and Zhang Lu's food booster are the kinds of things that get my attention...also things like Breeding, Fortification and the other developmental skills. I assume just having Zhang Lu in the city conveys the benefit, right? He doesn't actually have to be the prefect?


The passive skills (Wealth, Sustenance, Taxation, Levy, Benevolent Rule, X Ties, Suppression) all just require the officer with the skill to be based in the city. They can be in a unit or on a long-term assignment. They don't need to be prefect, just there. Wealth/Taxation and Sustenance/Levy also stack. I don't know if the skills function the same in gates/ports, have never looked into it.

Thanks for the info.


Sure thing.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby iamnoone » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:38 pm

I remember some post in this site show the like/dislike of every officer in the game with a brief explain but now i can't find it please help.
iamnoone
Tyro
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:01 am

iamnoone wrote:I remember some post in this site show the like/dislike of every officer in the game with a brief explain but now i can't find it please help.


Found it, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21188&start=30
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
User avatar
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved