Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:04 pm

wedge wrote:Hi,
I'm new in this forums. I just started playing RTK XI US version weeks ago again (after so many years) and just recently found my brother has a Japanese version plus the PUK with the rough translations. I started playing on his PC and when I made a district with 2 cities, I found that in one city the AI is removing and replacing buildings. The way I setup districts is put in one city the stables, smith and barracks while the rest have mostly Farm and Markets as I don't see the need to have all of them in every city that is part of a district. I never had this problem with my US version of RTK XI.

I did find this thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23397&hilit
But seems there was no solution to it (only two or people posted they encountered the same problem) and only an editor for the Chinese version will work. The thread was way back in 2014 and I am wondering if since then anyone who encountered the same problem found a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks!

There's no fix, but a possible workaround is using San11 Editor which I've partially translated, found here:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23801
You can personally control districts and set the order to always be above 100 (I don't remember well).
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:32 am

If the officer has the skill "Valiant General" but with low WAR stats and i make him sworm siblings with a higher WAR officer but with no skills and put them together in a unit, would they sync the WAR stats to make critical tactics?

From what we know that sworn siblings make both stats combined in a unit has better ATK and DEF, but what about skill? Will the higher WAR officer trigger the critical benefit from his sworn sibling's skill?

Divine skills will work no matter how low their WAR are but certain success rates are definitely lower than " xx General" skills
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:38 am

I think it still depends on the actual WAR stat of the officer. But honestly, I haven't tested it at all so I might be wrong.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 pm

I tested this quickly and it results in the skill failing to trigger.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 am

Hyper90 wrote:Just started the random scenario, with ROH settings,random skills APTs,fictional officers,random ties, and tier 3 techs at startup, almost random everything though :mrgreen: .

And i just had myself thrilled to see the effects ! Legendary offices have peasant stats and while weakest offices became OP ones.

I chose the smallest force to begin with and try to get myself pounded by the surrounding powerhouses. I'll update some as soon i have progress of what will transpire.

I started the game at year 200 on advanced difficulty, (there were no screenshots and such so its hard to portray the big picture so bear with me here). Instead of naming warlords I'll name them by their force colors. I play this force which started in Wan (grey), and on the Xuchang and Xinye is my rival (purple), plus a few neutral warlords (various colors) on the north of Hebei and another various group at the whole Wu Province while my south at Xiangyang and the rest of Jing is my ally(green) (which was the most powerful warlord), another ally (dark blue) sitting at Liu zhang's whole Yi province.

The whole Liang province (Ma Teng's area) was empty cities and only Changan was occupied by fellow warlord (Red) and LuoYang has the Emperor but occupied by another mean warlord (orange) whose bases are stretched all the way to Xiapi.

The first 5 years I spend my time surviving the onslaught and endless pounding from my rival purple but at the same time i manage to slowly extract some of my force towards the west and take Shangyang. With enough confidence I must break ties with Dark blue in order to take Hanzhong and the rest of his lands. The outcome did not went as expected as my Main base is constantly under siege (bear in mind here that everyone has 3rd tier Techs so the whole war is quite a struggle) and my numbers and supplies are very limited but officer shortage was never a problem since talents are everywhere in the map.

Instead going south, I have to take north so what happens in the north? Red (my ally) was at war from both sides with Orange at his right and his left another random warlord who starts a force in empty cities. I could not "save" Red in time, my hands are tied on defenses of Wan and annexing Hanzhong. Once the city is secured Im going up north and quickly taking whole Liang while everyone in the north is weakened.

Year 205; Changan is in my grasp, Luo yang was suddenly in my ally's hand Green. What happened? He must have converted the Office of that City and it all handed to him in a silver platter. Green here is enjoying his time steamrolling all the way east while his allies are at his north and west. I wont be facing him after half of the world is in my hands.

Going back to Hanzhong, my main focus is Yi Province with Liang backing me up with supplies. By this time the whole north was won by a warlord Black, this guy here will be my 2nd of my powerful rival next to green. I'll continue the story later on and follow up to 211 which is my current game time.

Any warlords fate I did not mentioned please post some questions and I'll clarify it for you :wink:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:47 am

I've been doing that whole random scenario thing - it's actually the same scenario from previously as it's pretty good - as Xiang Yu, joined by bonus officers from the Chu-Han era. It's a long game, too. I only take one city every two years. With my interest waning at long last, this may be one of my final playthroughs so I was trying to find ways to approach playing the game a bit differently.

It's kind of funny because Cao Rui has taken up the mantle of big blobbing baddie. Basically, I've got Jing, Sun Quan has a good chunk of Yang, Yuan Shu has what Yuan Shao normally ends up with, and Cao Rui has pretty much everything else. And while the tide is slowly starting to turn in my favor in terms of raw troop count, Cao Rui has really applied the pressure to my holdings. Yongan in particular was perpetually under siege for what feels like forever, to the point where I had to step in and directly intervene.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:50 am

Year 205, the siege of of Yizhou begun. I sent half my elite guard to make for the big push to south. Dark blue did put up a good fight though, after taking Zitong, his buffed up Yongan sends everything to go grab his base, literrally everything and almost everyone. good thing though there was a chokepoint on the mountainside roads between Yongan and Zitong and it was my best way to hold his army off.

Meanwhile in Wan, the attacks from purple began to dwindle as black from the north is pouring down southwards like a tsunami wave eventually gobble up orange. Orange had no chance at all and his officers all served black. Green on the other hand, is spreading like a plague eastwards and going up to Shouchun.

Longstory short, after Yongan has no more arms to put up a fight I quickly take hold of chengdu. After Chengdu's fall, i faced a dilemma of choosing between annexing Yongan first or Yunnan. Yongan was heavily fortified with base defenses, gold and food plnety supplied, many officers stationed but no troops while Yunnan was easily to take when 3 officers defending only. I hoped that i was quick enough to get Yunnan and get the last push to Yongan before green breaks his ties with me. Why? Because green was also allied with black, and he has left only the last city to take in Wu. Time grows short, I chose Yunnan and afterwards it became my big mistake in the future events.

During the "almost decimation of dark blue" Black has already dominated the north and quickly swallow up purple's bases. During this time, the attacks on Wan has became more and more aggressive than ever. The attacking waves are endless as I see Black's transports rolling down supplies south to obliterate me.

From this game, I learned a few things:
- Talented Officers are everywhere, what do I have, so do the enemy. Just cut down any who isn't willing to join.
- They have tier 4 techs now, so do i, just I am outgunned and outnumbered.
- Ceasefiring is out of question right now as im insufficient of gold. Negotiator is useless against Max INT debates.
- This a direct war, It will take some skill combination, bases defense, couple of sworn sibling officers to tip the scales of war.

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:40 am

Zyzyfer,

Please upload those random scenarios you have generated out from the editor

It will be fun to see many officers serving different rulers
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:13 am

foosoomin wrote:Zyzyfer,

Please upload those random scenarios you have generated out from the editor

It will be fun to see many officers serving different rulers

I would if I felt it were necessary?

Seems more sensible for someone to just download Zetta's randomizer and make their own. Just open a duplicate scenario file of your choosing, set the total number of forces high, tick the RoH settings option, and enjoy a nice and random new RoH scenario.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:45 am

The year is 210, Yi was mine. Purple’s last base was at Yong An, a mistake I did not take it earlier but it was heavily fortified with base defenses and plenty resources. By the time I was able to prepare to attack, Green broke alliance with me; he unleashed hoards of units marching towards my base at Jingzhou. I could not allow an opening for my new enemy to attack Zitong and the others so I also muster my army and decide the battle at Yong An’s southwest front door. The battle would be a drag so this time I build a band platform, and we clash each other at a deathlock.

Meanwhile at the north, I had captured LuoYang along with the Emperor and my battle with 2 big forces began. A year later Yong An was mine and the era of Three Kingdoms had begun, with me, Green, and Black. Both armies’ strength outnumbered me by 2:1 and I must stand my ground for the decisive battle is drawing near... It is either me or them.

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms