Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:09 pm

The game is now working, thanks to Lezard's figuring out what the symbols were supposed to say allowing me to figure out how Microsoft ruined everything this time. Huge thanks again!
Hyper90 wrote:Just started the random scenario, with ROH settings,random skills APTs,fictional officers,random ties, and tier 3 techs at startup, almost random everything though :mrgreen: .

And i just had myself thrilled to see the effects ! Legendary offices have peasant stats and while weakest offices became OP ones.

I chose the smallest force to begin with and try to get myself pounded by the surrounding powerhouses. I'll update some as soon i have progress of what will transpire.

I always hope at least one of these random scenarios will result in 100 War Pan Feng.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Gray Riders wrote:I always hope at least one of these random scenarios will result in 100 War Pan Feng.

there are 2 of them with max WAR, 6 Max INT, 4 max LDR, 3 max POL, and 5 max CHR.

oh and Ma Miao has the highest stats in the game, what else... there are 10 divine fires and 9 Focus ...
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Icabola » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:11 am

Duel chance

Hi there, is there a way that i can change the duel trigger rate? I hate to see hard to force duel in anyway....

Been lookin on all files include scen, exe but i have no clue yet. I wonder this duel thing is in script file .eve or s11 data file. Anyone testing this?

Thanks in advance
Icabola
Tyro

Unread postby Zetta » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello Icabola,

I have no idea how to change duel rate. What I do know is that every time you try to get a duel, there's a random chance it will happen. You can successfully get a duel by saving at the start of your turn, then do some actions and try to ask for a duel. If it doesn't work, load and try again by doing different actions during the turn. There seems to be a random parameter in the formula that calculates duel success rate, and that random parameter changes when you play.
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:45 am

While i was playing, there some particular things i noticed;

1. There are certain situations where tactics fail to work, instead it becomes a normal attack, even with Divine Skills (Except Divine Potency). Anyone seem to aware of the cause of this case?

2. The weather changes of the 4 seasons, its just for graphical uses or does it affects Fires (how long does the burning lasts), tactics, Duels, or whatever kind of variables and chances in the gameplay?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 am

Hyper90 wrote:While i was playing, there some particular things i noticed;

1. There are certain situations where tactics fail to work, instead it becomes a normal attack, even with Divine Skills (Except Divine Potency). Anyone seem to aware of the cause of this case?

2. The weather changes of the 4 seasons, its just for graphical uses or does it affects Fires (how long does the burning lasts), tactics, Duels, or whatever kind of variables and chances in the gameplay?

1. Divine skills only guarantee critical hits, they don't give a 100% success chance. Zhuge Liang's strategies will also fail often if used against another 100 INT officer, since its 100% success only works against lower INT units.

2. I *think* it's only visual, but I haven't played the game for ages, so I can't say for sure. Maybe I'll get back to it with XIII coming in December and test it.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Started a new game in 190 as Yuan Shu. One of the most important things to note is that I have edited versions of the scenarios where the rulers actually start with weapons, gold, supplies and such to represent the world not springing into existence five days ago. I'm unsure how much it caused this, but weird things happened:
*I gave Gongsun Du a couple 70s (maybe an 80, too) guys so he could survive. He managed to conquer Gongsun Zan.
*Liu Yu survived because Zhang Yang defeated him instead of Gongsun Zan (who was destroyed after Liu Yu, for the record).
*A new force appeared in Lu Jiang...led by Cheng Yu.

Edit: Welph. After several years of sitting quietly in Nan Pi Yuan Shao woke up and devoured Gongsun Du quite rapidly.

Meanwhile, Cao Cao messed up everything for himself. He launched a successful attack on Hu Lao early on, followed by a failed follow up assault on Luo Yang (though it weakened the city enough for me to recently take it). He then stuffed a bunch of troops in Hu Lao and let them starve. He's slowly rebuilding his food supply but he just broke the alliance with me after I took Luo Yang. despite me sending him a Gift earlier. The ungrateful scum! Clearly, I must kill him.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 pm

random search of the day

...nuff said.

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:44 am

Scumbag Cao Cao's alliance breaking made it unsafe to continue advancing against Dong Zhuo, giving the tyrant time to rebuild his armies. Not helping was when Luo Yang and Wan were both hit by lengthy plagues at the same time, crippling my military strength. Wan may now be genuinely in danger with the attacks coming at it, and I'm worried that scrambling reinforcements from either Luo Yang or Xu Chang will trigger scumbag Cao Cao to attack the vulnerable city. Xu Chang's also been harassed by Kong Zhou (whose got enough yellow turban officers to present enough force that I have to take it seriouslly) and Liu Biao.

Heads are gonna role, y'all. I just haven't decided whose yet.

Edit: The Wan front has been stabilized; I was able to mass draft enough men to safely send Ma Chao and Zhang Yan from Xu Chang with cavalry to save the day. Ma Chao managed to kill one of Dong Zhuo's officers and cause their 4,000 tower unit to vanish, which was obviously a huge help.

I need to knock someone out of this war. Taking Chen Liu will trigger swarms of annoying attacks so I might try to buy Cao Cao off for now.

Edit: I got a Guan Yu statue for my birthday last month. I shall allow him to watch me so he may provide good luck.
...Actually, since I'm playing as Yuan Shu this might be a bad idea.

Edit 2: An amusing note is that in the two years or so beteen the scenario start and my capture of Luo Yang, Dong Zhuo never bothered searching, seemingly at all. I now have Xu Huang. Cai Yan was also found but she wandered to Chen Liu and enlisted with Cao Cao the turn after I found her.

Edit 3: Welp, Guo Jia (my strategist) is dead--either Cao Hong or Xiahou Dun killed him in a cavalry charge. This is the first time I've ever lost an officer to battlefield death, and it was one of the worst possible for it to happen to. Scumbag Cao Cao continues living up to his name.

Edit 4: Wan continues to suffer attack after attack after attack. The good news is that Chen Liu fell and it's neighbors all have other enemies so the alliances should stay. I lost Guo Jia but gained about 20 other officers, including some great generals and Int/Pol officers so it's a net win.

Now I can focus on counterattacking Dong Zhuo and taking Chang An. It'll be a sweet, sweet victory.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:27 am

I started a 190 random scenario game where Liu Bei is trapped in Changan and his best warriors are two dudes from Gongsun Zan's family and Huang Gai. Meanwhile Gongsun Zan over in Tianshui was rocking Zhang Fei and Pang De. At least Xun Yu is my strategist.

I'm playing no active recruitment - except through city searches - and for now, I can ally with people outside of the "northwestern" region but not with those in it. Needless to say, the very first battle was rather hair-raising, and I still find myself regularly having to defend in 2 or 3 directions with fairly average talent. At the same time, I can't expand because I don't have enough personnel to effectively hold two cities yet. On the bright side, The Fatuous One was captured during one of his excursions and promptly executed for being a fatuous butt-monkey. Zhang Fei had already been stolen from him, and Pang De resigned when Wang Yun took over.

It's a nice change of pace from my last game, Cao Cao in the same scenario. I allied too much and, after a sluggish start, it turned into a conquer-by-numbers game that dragged out forever. I gained a new respect for the Vehemence skill, but discovered that it does not seem to be capable of dishing out a death-dealing injury, and can only knock someone down to Critical...which is admittedly still really, really nasty.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms