Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby cradius » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:24 am

Hi everyone, I'm a member of gamevn forum. My friend, riven2014, edited a scenario base on Spring and Autumn period, and it's insanely hard :rangry: (and excited) if you do not choose Qin, Chu or Qi (this 3 are bosses). I just want to share it for everyone.

download -> extract (and replace) the file SCEN015.S11 to your rtkroot\media\scenario folder. Remember to backup old file.
This scen must be play by RTK version PUK Chinese or Japanese (if you play translated version of this game, it's ok).

Enjoy and try to survive.

SCEN015 V5.zip
(46.96 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_OVAzc6AVVJWkRsclZRRnpuRkk/view?usp=sharing

Oops, I forgot. When you start new game, select Arrange -> off, i dont know what it mean, but it must be off.
Sorry.
cradius
Tyro

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Has anyone had trouble running this on Windows 8.1 64-bit?

My old computer died a year ago and I had to get a new one. Unfortunately it came preloaded with 8.1. When I decided to play ROTK XI again last month it spits out an error message I can't read (the Japanese characters don't seem to be displaying correctly, even after I switched languages) when I try to start it. Pretty sure it worked when I first reinstalled it earlier this year, too. It does work on a windows 7 virtual machine, but that's a very limited solution without spending the money to buy a license to run it.

I'm using the Japanese version so I'm not certain if the english version would have the same problem, but if anyone with any PC version running 64-bit 8.1 has had problems and solved them, I would be grateful to hear the solutions.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Death » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:45 pm

I doubt anyone can help with this, but I too had to get a new computer with the same type as above (Except I have the English version) and its worked fine and I played it a lot, but recently got a message that says: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Bootrun overrun detected! A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated"
Anyone know what causes this? In game, someone asked for a ceasefire and I said yes, and as soon as the game goes back to the map, I get that message, every single time after reloading and the game crashes. When I say no, it works fine lol. I tried starting a new game and controlled other forces and asked for ceasefires just to see if it would give the same message, but it didn't. Is the save file corrupted or is it something else?
Death
Scholar

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:13 am

Valvatorez wrote:I doubt anyone can help with this, but I too had to get a new computer with the same type as above (Except I have the English version) and its worked fine and I played it a lot, but recently got a message that says: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Bootrun overrun detected! A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated"
Anyone know what causes this? In game, someone asked for a ceasefire and I said yes, and as soon as the game goes back to the map, I get that message, every single time after reloading and the game crashes. When I say no, it works fine lol. I tried starting a new game and controlled other forces and asked for ceasefires just to see if it would give the same message, but it didn't. Is the save file corrupted or is it something else?

Are you sending a unit in a joint attack against the force you sign the ceasefire with? I've heard the game crashes if you do that.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Death » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:12 am

Gray Riders wrote:Are you sending a unit in a joint attack against the force you sign the ceasefire with? I've heard the game crashes if you do that.

Yes, one force allied with me and asked me to send troops from Yong An to Zi Tong, even though their own force is way over in Xu Chang and not even close to Zi Tong :lol: But yeah, I tried a few different things and been trying to find some way to fix it and didn't know that was causing it. I never had that happen before, mainly because I usually don't ally with anyone, but at least now I know what probably caused it, thank you :)
Death
Scholar

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Well, it seems my problem was caused by a windows update that occured, presumably sometime in 2015. Still no idea how to fix it except running the game in a virtual machine that isn't updated (and is therefore cut off from the internet).
The error message looks like this...which is less than helpful.
---------------------------
ƒAƒNƒZƒX‚ª‹‘”Û‚³‚ê‚Ü‚µ‚½
ŠÇ—ŽÒŒ ŒÀ‚эƒOƒCƒ“‚µ‚Ä‚à‚¤ˆê“x‚¨ŽŽ‚µ‚­‚¾‚³‚¢
OK
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:18 pm

It means something like this:

アクセスが拒否されました
Access denied
管理者Œ 限でログインしてもう一度お試しください
Please try again logged in as administrator
OK
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Icabola » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 pm

New RTK 11 Gfx Mod (Eng ver) !

Happy downloading here :

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=23838
Icabola
Tyro

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Lezard Valeth wrote:It means something like this:

アクセスが拒否されました
Access denied
管理者Œ 限でログインしてもう一度お試しください
Please try again logged in as administrator
OK

I'm impressed you were able to figure that out.

Unfortunately trying as an administrator was one of the first things I tried--it results in no error message but the game still doesn't start up.

I can play the game now though I had to jump through a ton of hoops (basically have to run on a virtual machine with no patches that isn't connected to the internet because it doesn't have any patches).

The good news is that now that I I know the error message I can make some progress towards figuring it out, so thanks! :)

Edit: Okay, so a bit of googling suggest that Microsoft knowingly broke tons of disk based games as part of a security update, and there may be a fix for Windows 7 and 8 (but they advise you not to do it) but anyone with 10 is out of luck.

I never thought I'd say this but I might look into Linux.

http://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/september ... any-games/
^Article about what seems to be the problem.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Just started the random scenario, with ROH settings,random skills APTs,fictional officers,random ties, and tier 3 techs at startup, almost random everything though :mrgreen: .

And i just had myself thrilled to see the effects ! Legendary offices have peasant stats and while weakest offices became OP ones.

I chose the smallest force to begin with and try to get myself pounded by the surrounding powerhouses. I'll update some as soon i have progress of what will transpire.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms