Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:11 am

Couple of observations/glitches/AI cheats.

In a recent game, I tried to request reinforcements from an ally to take that port connected to their city of Yongan, which was owned by a mutual enemy. For whatever reason, Yongan had been prioritized to try to take Jiangzhou and had completely ignored the port. The only amount of gold that would succeed was 10000, but when I sent this much, several times, Yongan only deployed a unit with 1000 or 2000 troops. This completely goes against the game mechanics - for the player anyway - so I was shocked to see the AI cheat outright.

Different session, got annoyed at the AI's dependence on fire traps so I decided to make a little Divine Fire force for retribution. I was already aware that lieutenants aren't protected from death caused by Hell's Embers so I just had six officers with the skill doing my smoldering bidding, figuring they would be protected from high-level trap effects. At one point, I set two Hell's Embers side by side and lit them, with one Divine Fire guy getting stuck in the blast radius of both. Oh guess what? He dead. So apparently Divine Fire protects from the fire itself, but is still totally vulnerable to the other effects of traps. Which is kind of a letdown, because it's really hard to build up 11000 TP using only fire traps!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:29 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Different session, got annoyed at the AI's dependence on fire traps so I decided to make a little Divine Fire force for retribution. I was already aware that lieutenants aren't protected from death caused by Hell's Embers so I just had six officers with the skill doing my smoldering bidding, figuring they would be protected from high-level trap effects. At one point, I set two Hell's Embers side by side and lit them, with one Divine Fire guy getting stuck in the blast radius of both. Oh guess what? He dead. So apparently Divine Fire protects from the fire itself, but is still totally vulnerable to the other effects of traps. Which is kind of a letdown, because it's really hard to build up 11000 TP using only fire traps!

I'd seen Zhou Yu get confused by a fire trap before. Not killed, though I'm not surprised. The officer must have forgotten their fire-proof suit that day.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:46 am

The confusion effect, yeah, I've known about that for a while now. I had kind of assumed that the fireproof suit would protect against death but apparently the concussive force of two traps was too much. I reloaded and only set one trap and the officer was stunned but alive.

I am a little curious if Zhou Yu can die in the same manner since dead dude was a created officer. Guessing yes.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby 謝永錢 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 am

So i just starting to play again.
I played liu bei in rival warlord and obviously sitting there to let ai build up their forces for years. Ai send a lot of wave of attack. Sometime cao cao yuanshao and yuan shu try to circle me with sending attack from 3 different front. Right now Cao cao and yuan shao allied and start expanding. Yuan shao dead as per historical timeline and yuan tan taking over the throne without any contestation from yuan shang. Sunce still busy with wanglang and mateng already consume all of lijue city including capturing the emperor. Liu zhang and liu biao fight for jing. And i just start expanding as well. Yuan shu become my first step to conquer the central plain. I captured him and make him bow before me :devil:
Now after have the second city, i think i want to sit around for another years just to wait and let another ai grow bigger. :mrgreen:
謝永錢
Tyro

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:55 am

Zyzyfer wrote:AI cheats.

Talk about this cheat, how did other force, the officers able to do technique research from 2nd district onwards ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:14 am

foosoomin wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:AI cheats.

Talk about this cheat, how did other force, the officers able to do technique research from 2nd district onwards ?

Don't understand what you're asking about, sorry!

-----

Interest is waning in this game, I just keep having disappointing games where the entire purpose of playing ends up getting ruined. Like the fire game. If my awesome fire dudes can die then it means I can't indiscriminately set off traps all I want to get revenge on the AI for its dependency on fire traps.

Long story short, I played a randomized game as Sun Ce, planning to trigger his debate with Yu Ji. 209 rolls around and Ce's impending death is announced. I open my event guide out of curiosity and see written, plain as day, that I should hold all of Yang. The only city I have there is Chaisang. Have just conquered Shouchun but only after I have marched out a bunch of units to attack Jianye do I realize they only have 46 Will.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wouldn't care if the event wasn't my whole point for playing. Took Wu's normal position on the map for granted. :x
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby 謝永錢 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:38 am

Any patch to make the ai more agrressive and cunning??
Btw yesterday i get the officer invitation event and suprisingly its guanyu talking about famed hero name xuhuang and ask permission to invite him to the court. Offcourse i click yes and long story short end up duelling xuhuang and have a easy fight since guanyu is too strong for xuhuang (at least when xuhuang played by ai :mrgreen: ).
After that what makes me more surprise, when i march out xuhuang and guanyu and let them fight side by side, they assist each other. Xuhuang and guanyu like each other in rl?
謝永錢
Tyro

Unread postby DragonAtma » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:54 am

When Guan Yu briefly served Cao Cao, his two friends there were Zhang Liao and Xu Huang. Guan Yu and Xu Huang re-met at Fancheng nearly twenty years later, but Xu Huang's loyalty trumped the friendship.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby 謝永錢 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:52 pm

DragonAtma wrote:When Guan Yu briefly served Cao Cao, his two friends there were Zhang Liao and Xu Huang. Guan Yu and Xu Huang re-met at Fancheng nearly twenty years later, but Xu Huang's loyalty trumped the friendship.

Thanks for the information.. :mrgreen:
Starting to like xuhuang :shock: but dont have much crit when tactic is success even he is s in pike :cry:
謝永錢
Tyro

Unread postby Huang Bob » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:10 am

Always liked Xu Huang. He was boss in 9, but I'm not a fan of his Aptitudes or Skill in this game, even though I still use him as a prefect on one of the many fronts I usually have.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms