Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby cryptguardian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks for explaining that to me Lezard & Lord_Cao_Cao. I think I get it now. :D
cryptguardian
Student

Unread postby Lezard » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 pm

I've forgot to say that I recommend reading the new guide over Zetta (not perfect but more complete):
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22893

In fact it seems it needs a update :P

LCC, would you be willing to test a bit more those last bytes and post the few stuff missing (actually all comes to mind is stances, weapons and horses models — which are not in the guide nor in the forum).
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby cryptguardian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Yes I read Zetta's guide but didn't really understand it the first time around. I've read the guide again & understood a whole lot more thanks to the explanations you guys provided in this thread.
Anyways a screenie of my CC Guan Jian in action- he got Jiang Wei's beautiful face and cape; Zhao Yun's helm; Ma Chao's armour; Lu Bu's halberd; and a nice grey charger to match :D :) :D :) :

cryptguardian
Student

Unread postby kiko94 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:37 am

pretty good cc Cryptguardian :D hopes he is as good as his model ;)

anyone got thoughts on my game ?
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 am

kiko94 wrote:Hey guys, was reading what was discussed while I was away, the stat discussion was pretty good read :lol:

Need help tho one my game
Map

meanwhile on my DZRX game I'm facing a difficult challenge, Yuan shao had his bad omen appear, meaning he'll be gone this year, Cao Cao has taken a sweet momentum and is taking out DZ one city at a time, in 2 years tops I think he'll be gone and Cao will have enough officers to dominate.
my plan is the following : pack up the Luo Yang port, and the one near Chang An along side Guan Du that way if he breaks the alliance, I'll get those cities asap and push everything into them
try and kill steal Niufu's last city (DZ died) that way I get some officers , maybe try and take one of ChengDu's gates to have easier access, because otherwise it's half a years march lol , IF I manage to get his officers I'll have a fighting chance on a Monster Cao Cao

any other effective battle plans ? if you want me to break an alliance give me a good excuse to give to myself, because I don't to be a traitor to the coalition :P so far only took out Zhang Yang because he betrayed me

and how to deal With Yuan Shao's succession ? Yuan Shang or Tan or ? I'm afraid the people who will desert me will make it impossible to go on with my plan, since I'll need at least 4 officers in each port for attack, and I barely can cover the minimum , it's going to be a bad ass challenge for me

Succession: I go with Yuan Xi myself, as he avoids the whole hatred thing Tan and Shang have going on. I believe if you have the most recent update of the scenarios that Zhen Shi was also given a combat/unnatural death and therefore can carry things on after Yuan Xi passes away, that gives you until like 217 or something ridiculous to "keep it in the family" with the Yuans. You could even technically hex edit Cao Rui to have Zhen Shi as his mother, kill off Cao Pi, and have a bloodline-based ruler until 240 haha

Strategy: Can't look at the map as I am at work. But based on your description, take out Niu Fu for officers, break away from Cao Cao, try to push into the cities out east and get established. I wouldn't bother with holding far-off gates, it will be difficult to resupply them. Try to secure Cao Cao's officers as you focus on a mainly defensive stance. Yuan Shao's force on its own starts to fall apart by around 210 so you need some outside talent. Since you can't really Zerg rush Cao Cao, you don't have much of a choice.

The other alternative is to race Cao Cao south to take out other lords, I'm sure if you took out Liu Zhang that it would be helpful for your talent pool.

-----

My computer is on the fritz, so I have to drag myself away from the game for a while. It's probably for the best, man that Zhang Jiao game I was playing is annoying. I took Jiangling and lost it in short order because Zhang Jiao spammed the crap out of siege weapons. I was livid. Now Ou Xing is very vulnerable and I have to start practically from scratch in Yongan. :evil:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:02 am

Lezard wrote:I've forgot to say that I recommend reading the new guide over Zetta (not perfect but more complete):
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22893

In fact it seems it needs a update :P

LCC, would you be willing to test a bit more those last bytes and post the few stuff missing (actually all comes to mind is stances, weapons and horses models — which are not in the guide nor in the forum).

I don't know if I have the time to do it. Well, that last two bytes testing at least. However, according to Van's Editor, at least the byte before the weapon model has to do something with the weapon (it looks like 06 is the only option you can put in here). But I don't know what exactly. The two last bytes which seem to improve the duel performance are not mentioned.

Stance:
00 = Normal
01 = Woman
02 = Bulky Warrior (Nanman guys, Dian Wei/Xu Chu/Meng Huo, etc.)
03 = Zhuge Liang

Weapons:
00 = Spear
01 = Blue Dragon
02 = Serpent Spear
03 = Crescent Hallberd
04 = Arrow (looks weird)
05 = Feather Fan (looks weird)
06 and up = Spear again

Horses:
00 = Normal Horse
01 = Red Hare
02 = Hex Mark
03 = Shadow Runner
04 = Gray Lightning
05 = Firestar
06 and up = Normal Horse again
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 am

kiko94:
I agree with Zyzyfer about the ports.
We have only the map and it's hard to tell what to do, besides each one have his own taste (I would have attacked allies earlier :twisted: ).

So this are just some ideas from top of my head:
1- I don't know what the hell you're doing in An Ding, it's a poor city and dividing your forces like that seems a poor decision made early on. Take down Wu Wei to get resources and few new officers. Make tons of buildings an prepare for a bloody defense with poor officers mainly.
2- As you have been loyal to the alliance now you will have to pay others to keep allied (nobody is loyal like you ...). You'll have to choose either green force or Cao Cao to fight first (it doesn't matter if you break the alliance with one of them or decide not to pay one of them and wait a lot of time). I would fight Cao Cao first, the green force can't be conquered and you would only get Bei Hai, Xia Pi and Xiao Pei, besides the green force shields you from Shou Chun (better than nothing). So basically: pay the green force to keep allied and disrupt their relation with Cao Cao so their alliance ends too.
3- Assuming you did nº 2, take down Pu Yang and Chen Liu (I like to take both at once, if you can't take Pu Yang first). This way you get closer to Sun Jian oasis. Bring Sun down and hire everyone (you may need to Ceasefire with Cao Cao — I hope Sun have broke the alliance by then or you just allow yourself at least that). Then attack on both Wan and Luo Yang. Prepare to resit in Wan and advance from Luo Yang to Chang An. Now that you have rendezvous, take down Tian Shui and Han Zhong. Well, I'll stop here (as you see I like synchronized attacks).
Note: if you think all this is not possible, you'd better keep allied with both green force and Cao Cao and subjugate Sun Jian first and then fight Cao Cao. But this will be a long journey.

That's more or less what I would attempt given the map. Looks like you'll have some fun with Cao Cao :lol:
I understand the self imposed rule of keeping allied, but it doesn't suit myself. I prefer to betray over being betrayed ( :lol: no seriously: over being coerced — I don't like to pay for alliances).

LCC:
The guide said:
"Model (Stance - Headwear - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - ?? - ?? - Weapon - Horse)"
It seems wrong, is it: Stance - Headwear - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - Horse - Weapon - ?? - ?? :?:
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 am

Okay, I've taken a look into it.

Stance - Headwear - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - ??? - Something with Weapons - Weapon - Horse

Now I'm confused. The ff behind Horse codes the portrait change age...
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:47 pm

The reason I'm holding off those ports is to prepare the swift assault on Chang An, Luo Yang, Chen liu, pu yang is already close enough, I do synched attacks as well ;) , I took An Ding in the hope of having another outpost where the action is going, it is a pain to supply, but I already have 50 k+ toops armed to the teeth that will arrive in half a year.

but guys, how would you advise me to betray the alliance I lead ? dafuq is wrong wid you ha ha, I could say Sun Jian betrayed Chen Gui ( used to be know as Tao Qian force) and thus hmm, diciplin him ? now if I can mange to have Cao Cao and Chen Gui to fight, indeed that would be awesome , I'm pretty sure I'll end up fighting Cao Cao first, or at least that's what I hope for, but I can't just dissolve the alliance guys , camahn we are not barbarians, the Yuans are a honorable family in the han court for 4 generations, maybe one of his kids doesn't share the same opinion ? I could use that as lame excuse as well :P .
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lezard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Ah, portrait change, so the guide was right. I have only to add the possible values.

Zhang Fei last bytes:
02 0A 0A 0A FF 0A 0A FF FF FF FF FF 2A 88 00 00 00
12 model bytes then 2A (portrait change)

Zhang Bu last bytes:
00 5E 61 62 FF 62 62 FF FF FF FF FF FF 40 00 00 00
FF portrait doesn't change

I can't write "put 06 here, it is Something with Weapons" on the guide :wink: (can't you take a picture of Van editor? maybe we can translate). I want to fix this stance/horse/weapon issue though.

kiko94:
I think I've underrated your force. I've assumed good officers were dead and that Cao Cao was a threat (do you have the 3 bros?). If Cao Cao is so poorly prepared (perhaps his forces are too divided) and you have officers to take FOUR cities at the same time, including Luo Yang, then you don't need a strategy nor excuses (you can afford to wait).

Well, between the lame excuses I'd punish Sun Jian and keep allied with Chen Gui (a very good friend) as you've said. Cao Cao will soon be a traitor to the alliance so there is no problem making Chen Gui attack him too.

It's easier to keep relations when there is affinity (that close friend stuff). I wonder if you'll have to pay for Chen Gui loyalty.
Lezard
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms