Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Yes Sworn sibling eats up TP which is valuable for Research. But think on the other side, sworn sibling from the early of the game gives you a slight better chance in battle all the way till the end. Plus, guys like wei yan is an easy traitor to anyone, so to sworn sibling him and that solves the loyalty problems and save you plenty of gold for rewarding ahead. As you know, sworn siblings assist each other in battle and helps you take out enemies faster. Choice is yours anyway :mrgreen:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm

About support, here is a thread that has some nice info on it, I asked it a while ago and zyzfer helped a lot, Personally I enjoy sworn sibblings a lot, The support ca go crazy, In my last game I made Xiahou Dun, Zhang He and Cao Zhang sworn sibblings, the did damage like crazy I also set Xiahou Yuan, Yan Liang, Wen cho as sworn sibblings, and the support chained :shock: Xiahou Dun Cao Zhang attatcks and thanks to stampede the unit gets confused, Zhang He supports, Xiahou Dun supports, Xiahou Yuan Supports, Yan Liang Supports, Wen Chou that's 3600 in support damge :lol: definetly worth the TP ha ha
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Goosey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:03 am

kiko94 wrote:About support, here is a thread that has some nice info on it, I asked it a while ago and zyzfer helped a lot, Personally I enjoy sworn sibblings a lot, The support ca go crazy, In my last game I made Xiahou Dun, Zhang He and Cao Zhang sworn sibblings, the did damage like crazy I also set Xiahou Yuan, Yan Liang, Wen cho as sworn sibblings, and the support chained :shock: Xiahou Dun Cao Zhang attatcks and thanks to stampede the unit gets confused, Zhang He supports, Xiahou Dun supports, Xiahou Yuan Supports, Yan Liang Supports, Wen Chou that's 3600 in support damge :lol: definetly worth the TP ha ha

Just to be clear, you have sworn sibblings marching out in separate units right?
Goosey
Tyro

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 am

Well, you can march them separately or together in a unit. Separate them; you can enjoy the crazy assist in battle. Stack them in a unit depend on their stats, they are slightly powerful because their top stats and stacked together in a unit. Also, sticking them together in a unit they come out very fast in duels.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:47 am

I usually do the sworn sibling thing with risky officers, like if I've got Lu Bu and he's not married yet, I might make him siblings with a couple of other risky officers.

207 X Cao Cao
Hah, he's ridiculous. I'll just make a short summary because I've barely done any actual fighting.

- Built up relations with Gongsun Kang, got him to surrender, fired Yuan Shang :lol:
- Ceasefired with Ma Teng, mainly because I've spent a lot of time developing cities so didn't devote enough officers to Changan
- Took out Liu Bei after some time, he tried to attack Wan but didn't do so well
- Got Liu Qi to surrender, netting me Shangyong, Xiangyang, and Jiangling
- Based in Jiangling now, got Jin Xuan and Han Xuan to surrender, giving me south Jing
- Sun Quan managed to take Shouchun eventually, Zhang Liao is pissed and attacking from Xiaopei

So basically, it's about to turn into a "what if" situation where Cao Cao sees success at Red Cliffs. Jiangling is well-stocked and, after a few defensive skirmishes, I'm just about to attack Chaisang. It's like 210. I know 207 Cao Cao is easy but this is pathetic. :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:04 am

Just 3 years and there is 3 surrenders ? Totally dominating cao cao :lol:

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Goosey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 am

Is there a way to tell who the risky officers are or do I have to go by history? In some really old RT3K games, Lu Bu would rebel whenever I sent him out with a large force or he's in charge of a city. So far, I haven't had any officers rebel out of the blue.
Goosey
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 am

Lu Bu and Wei Yan are some of those "risky" officers. To be honest, as long as their loyalty is around 100 (and of course above), they won't ever think about deserting or rebelling. They pretty much only become "risky" when you have less gold and can't use it to reward, as soon as gold keeps flowing into your cities, it's pretty much done. I've never ever had them rebelling.

Perhaps it's more common if they get captured during battles, they might surrender at once even when their loyalty is 100. That has happened to Mi Fang for me. But other than that... I don't really let my officers get captured (the Mi Fang incident was when Mi Fang served my enemy).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Goosey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:36 am

I see. Alright so I'm in the middle stages of the first game I intend to finish. And assuming I go on to take over China :shock: , I have a question about the event stills and unlocking stuff. I kind of dislike playing a game just to unlock stuff so I was wondering if I can finish the game, load an earlier save, and complete some event stills that I didn't get a chance to complete. Will I get credit for that or do I have to go through a new game?
Goosey
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah, you can just reload it. If you only miss the Secret Meeting event, I'd recommend starting a new game and focus on it (as it's very rare).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms