Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Unread postby REMIX » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:38 pm

^ ^ ^
I think you missed out in my post that I was joking... :wink:

I did mention afterwards that I couldn't care less about the game and will not bother with it and therefore not download it. And I am not shortsighted. Its just that usually ROTK do not take nearly as long as they are doing now and since its still not released in the US only backs my opinion. Its gonna take so long that when it does come out nobody is going to care, everybody has liked played it years ago if you know what I mean.

But to be honest I couldn't care less if people was to download the game right now. It's taken so long just to translate (whilst so many people have already created patches already) and it might not even come out and Im pretty sure that was the case a few months ago, they gave up making a translation until a few weeks back when it was mentioned that a translated version is to be made.....took them over 4 months to announce the beginning of a translation, unlike before a translation begun straight away and we were informed.

There is a possibility they may not even create a translated version for this game (not saying they are not going to) and so I don't see why people should not download it because they could just wait for several more months only to see it cancelled, theyve already wasted enough time. It'll be like a Final Fantasy game or Oblivion or whatever game you may really like being sold only in Asia or something like that and you cannot get it, it'll only encourage you to download it. I am no supporter of piracy myself, although I must admit I have done it before but currently as I am being paid for college I have started buying legal items rather than downloading them although Im still not fully adapted. But as I was saying I no longer have any interest for this game and soon Ill guess many others won't too which can only mean bad business for Koei. They may have tried to make a smart move but many producers sell their games worldwide because they have considered all possibilities.

BTW I hope you do not think any less of me for downloading in my past but I have tried adapting recently and although Im still no completely download free, I may get there quite soon and I am trying.
REMIX
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:38 pm

I won't be buying the PS2 version. I made that mistake with ROTKX. I'd rather just play the PUK in Chinese.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:58 am

Hmm, I conquered most of Jingzhou (all the way to Xiangyang at northmost tip) and most of Shu (Chengdu, Jiangzhou, etc...only Nanman areas held by Liu Zhang...but I can leave him there)

Cao Pi is my next target because I still have one of the Yuan heirs against him (interesting note...Zhen Ji was one of the Yuan rulers)...Liu Bei still exists as well as Sun Quan while Ma Chao is kinda, dying. I'm preparing to launch an attack on Xiapi soon......hopefully, I can outlast them on resources - then I win :)

My aggressive/sneaky approach to the game works :)
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Ma Man » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:09 pm

For anyone interested, KOEI has announced the PS2 North American version on their website. (www.koei.com)
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullcrap.
Ma Man
Tyro

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:57 pm

Looks good. I'll buy it the day it comes out (and then not have time to play it).
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Rastafarian » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:53 am

rotk 11 ps 2 english version will be released on 2007 , february 7th , based the information on gamefaqs.com

why lubu stats on 11th is decreasing , i hate this
Rastafarian
Initiate

Unread postby Tong Kaiyi » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:24 pm

Rastafarian wrote:rotk 11 ps 2 english version will be released on 2007 , february 7th , based the information on gamefaqs.com

why lubu stats on 11th is decreasing , i hate this

I checked GameFAQs and noubt... Hopefully it will come out though, haven't played any other ROTK than VIII. :(
Tong Kaiyi
Sage

Unread postby Burning Star » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:30 am

After I saw the PUK Version I could not stand to play the normal one anymore.
Thats why I then translated it, after I figured out no one else did... :P

And Rastafarian just so you know, you can change every character and what stats and stuff they have... :roll:
Burning Star
Apprentice

Unread postby Pi Ka Chu » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:18 am

Can someone enlighten me? I don't know enough about the features of ROTK XI to make judgement on it yet. Loved X though!
Nice guys don't insists on being creepers just because they were nice.
Pi Ka Chu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Watching Ratatosk insult the eagle on Yggdrasil for the wrym Níðhöggr

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 am

Basically, ROTK11 is ROTK9 on steroids. It's ruler-only style, but you can play up to eight different rulers (like the old ROTK games). Turns occur in 3 10-day spans each month (36 in a year, they round the year off to 360 so that it's nice and even).

Instead of developing farm, economy, etc., you build structures outside your city to earn money, harvest crops, build weapons, draft troops, etc. Smaller cities will have less open spots to build structures, while larger cities will have more. Political ability determines how fast you build the structures.

In order to send out effective armies, you'll need to build basic weapons: spears, halberds, horses, and crossbows. Sword units are pathetically weak. Rams, towers, juggernauts, and catapults can also be sent out (but not elephants, unfortunately). You also need to build those yourself.

You can take officers prisoner like in IX. The system is pretty similar there.

You issue direct commands to units in battle. You tell them everything, you control the duels, and you can even have them attack the structures that a rival city is building. They can also build and repair structures like walls.

Speaking of battle structures, there are now also fire traps, flood gates, and rockslide triggers. Fire traps have to be built yourself but can be put on most flat terrain, and to trigger them, either set them on fire using the fire tactic, push an enemy unit onto them, or trigger them with another fire trap (setting off a huge blaze via combos is great!); flood gates are found near certain low-lying cities (such as Xiapi... just saying) and have to be taken from 800 defense to 0 defense in order to flood the city, doing massive damage both troopwise and defensewise. Rockslides are found in rocky areas atop cliffs and are useful for damaging enemy units in a row, doing lots of damage, and require only a simple attack.

In addition, you can build fire boats to set enemy fleets on fire, though they are stationary. You can also build walls, forts, guard towers, stationary catapults, and other helpful structures, including ones that replenish a nearby unit's energy.

You can also have officers of your force get married or swear oaths. Let's say you're Meng Huo and you get Zhuge Liang to somehow join you, but he has 50 LOY. Well, then you just swear an oath with him and he'll stay with you (this is a bit unrealistic, I feel, but the game allows you to do this). This costs 500 "skill points."

"Skill points" can also be used for researching new technology, like better cavalry/spear/halberd/archery, the ability to do fire attacks from long range (very useful for Zhou Yu, might I add), +2000 max troop count for every unit in your force, better seige weapons, better naval capabilities, etc.

You can give your officers ranks depending on your own rank.

When using a created force, you can now choose that force's title ahead of time. You can even make your created officer an emperor.

You can also set sworn brotherhoods and marriages for created officers. You can even create a wife for somebody like Huang Hao or a husband for Cai Yan.

Speaking of female officers, there are a LOT of them in this game, though only a few (Ma Yunli, Bao Sanniang, Zhu Rong, Sun Shangxiang, Lu Lingqi, or Hua Mo) have good WAR/LDR stats while others (like Huang Yueying, Diao Chan, Xin Xianying, or Madame Xu) have good INT stats, while the rest generally fall in high CHAR territory (Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao, Madame Sun, Madame Liu, Madame Bian, etc.)

The officers have 3D models now, too, and they're pretty darn good. The ones I've found with unique models are:

Cao Cao
Da Qiao
Diao Chan
Gan Ning
Guan Yu
Guan Ping
Huang Yueying
Huang Zhong
Jiang Wei
Liu Bei
Lu Bu
Lu Xun
Ma Chao
Meng Huo
Sun Ce
Sun Shangxiang
Taishi Ci
Xiahou Dun
Xiao Qiao
Xu Huang
Zhao Yun
Zhang Fei
Zhang He
Zhang Liao
Zhou Tai
Zhou Yu
Zhu Rong
Zhuge Liang

A few officers also have two portraits - one young, one old:

Cao Cao
Deng Ai
Diao Chan
Gan Ning
Guan Yu
Huang Zhong
Jiang Wei
Liu Bei
Lu Bu
Lu Meng
Lu Xun
Ma Chao
Sun Ce
Sun Quan
Sun Shangxiang
Xiahou Dun
Xu Huang
Xun Yu
Zhang Fei
Zhang He
Zhang Liao
Zhou Yu
Zhuge Liang

In addition, certain officers get their own portraits for critical success tactics. This includes pretty much all of the officers mentioned previously, plus a few others (Jia Xu, for instance), and those that age get a second one for their aged appearance.

Unlockables like Xiang Yu or Liu Bang have their own models too, I believe, but I never use them anyway so I wouldn't know.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms