Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Valvatorez wrote:3. Does having both Sworn Sibling and Spouse give extra stats using both or any other effect? I thought of doing this for some characters, but haven't tried it yet.

Try looking at this Assistance support skill.....I do not know the effect on sworn sibling & wife together

https://www4.atwiki.jp/sangokushi11/pages/1584.html
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:09 pm

foosoomin wrote:
1) I see, Windows 8 & above OS doesn't crash the game

2) So far from what i observed, Calvary is the only unit that could kill a officer via tactic

3) Another one is Fire strategy, could kill officer too

4) I know about those PS2 PUK hidden officers, i do make them available for play, sometimes though

5) I have gave them a potrait picture, chosen from the Created officer list

6) I didn't expect those PS2 PUK secret officers are actually in the English game. We just need to do a bit of editing in the save game file, they will be searchable & playable

I'm not sure if that what makes the game not crash, it might be something else since it seems most people have that problem.
I have seen an officer die from a duel I think and fire traps, but never from Spear/Pike/Bow tactics, so wasn't sure if that would kill them. Or maybe something like Vehemence on an already critical officer? I never tried it. I usually have deaths turned off anyways though.

About the ps2/puk officers, here's what I did in case you weren't sure or didn't try it, all those spots are in the scenario files right after Xiao He, you can edit them to make them playable, you just have to fix their values and make sure they have a picture, stats, and birthplace. They don't show up with the rest of the unlockable officers when creating a scenario, there's 32 unlockable officers and 18 spots for the hidden/missing ones, those 18 won't show up in the list when starting a new scenario, but they will show up in game if you edit them properly. They work perfectly fine as regular officers. If you make any of them a leader of a force, it will count as a created force in the menu and take up one of the 8 slots for created forces in the setup start screen when creating forces.

I did make some family relationships with them like Guan Yinping being Guan Yu's daughter, changed her 'clan' value and listed him as her father, but think I forgot to edit Du Shi and Qin Lang, so thanks for that, I will have to edit that as well.

About 'assistance' from the looks of that page it seems like brothers, sisters, and spouses have 50% chance of assistance, and liked officers/officers with Assistance skill have 30% chance to activate support attack? I don't know if that will jump to 80% by having sworn sibling + spouse together on same officer, maybe it works? I will have to try it..

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:Sorry to necro such an old post in this thread, but I just ran into Xu Shao and he did a physiognomy on one of my created officers.

Is there any significance to this event? I didn't get a message of anything changing.

Ah don't worry, you can ask whatever you want, regardless of how 'necro' is it :mrgreen: That event doesn't really do much besides just letting you know who that character who found him likes/dislikes since normally you can't see that in game. The other events like finding Mi Heng I think it was, that actually gives you a small amount of TP, but that's about it.
Valvatorez
Master

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:45 pm

foosoomin wrote:2) So far from what i observed, Calvary is the only unit that could kill a officer via tactic

3) Another one is Fire strategy, could kill officer too

Yeah you're right, basically just cavalry as far as units go. I've seen the occasional officer die from inferno bows and towers but that takes a few turns.(wounded>struggling>critical>x_x)
Of course they can die in duels too, but that's a different matter.

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:Sorry to necro such an old post in this thread, but I just ran into Xu Shao and he did a physiognomy on one of my created officers.

Is there any significance to this event? I didn't get a message of anything changing.

Huh, I've never seen this event. Does he pop up during a search?

@Valvatorez: I haven't played Nobunaga's Ambition, is it worth a try? I'll check it out~
Sakae Wu
Student

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:30 pm

I usually see those events in Ping Yuan, Ru Nan and Xia Pi, guess it just depends what scenario you are on, and if you like Rotk, Japanese history/culture, and strategy games, NA is definitely worth playing. I think the new one just came out in Japan like a week ago.
Valvatorez
Master

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:13 am

Valvatorez wrote:
About 'assistance' from the looks of that page it seems like brothers, sisters, and spouses have 50% chance of assistance, and liked officers/officers with Assistance skill have 30% chance to activate support attack? I don't know if that will jump to 80% by having sworn sibling + spouse together on same officer, maybe it works? I will have to try it..

I don't think it will become 80% chance of triggering friendly support/assistance, when sworn sibling & spouse combine relationship
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 am

I ever made Zhang Jiao, Zhang Bao & Zhang Liang sworn brothers & liked one another. In total they are

- brothers

- same clan family

- sworn brothers

- liked one another

Yet the friendly/assistance attack support is not always triggered
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:18 am

Valvatorez wrote:
About the ps2/puk officers, here's what I did in case you weren't sure or didn't try it, all those spots are in the scenario files right after Xiao He, you can edit them to make them playable, you just have to fix their values and make sure they have a picture, stats, and birthplace. They don't show up with the rest of the unlockable officers when creating a scenario, there's 32 unlockable officers and 18 spots for the hidden/missing ones, those 18 won't show up in the list when starting a new scenario, but they will show up in game if you edit them properly. They work perfectly fine as regular officers. If you make any of them a leader of a force, it will count as a created force in the menu and take up one of the 8 slots for created forces in the setup start screen when creating forces.

I did make some family relationships with them like Guan Yinping being Guan Yu's daughter, changed her 'clan' value and listed him as her father, but think I forgot to edit Du Shi and Qin Lang, so thanks for that, I will have to edit that as well.

I have placed these 18 officers into some of my scenario file already, with potraits selected from create officer portion.

They are actually consider missing officers in the scenario file, because we can see their stats in the save game file

Guan Yinping is clan of Guan Yu in default. no need change anything

Yeah, make Du Shi as Qin Lang mother
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 am

Maybe it just goes by whatever number is highest and stays there.
For the extra officers, I had to edit Yinping's relationship because I created them all in create a officer, then moved them later, that's what I meant.
Valvatorez
Master

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 am

Valvatorez wrote:Maybe it just goes by whatever number is highest and stays there.
For the extra officers, I had to edit Yinping's relationship because I created them all in create a officer, then moved them later, that's what I meant.

Yup,

i think if your ruler has wife, just stay put with it, no need add her become sworn sibling, clan

same goes to your other sworn brother

The extra officers, i have already pasted all of their hexvalue....you just need to copy & paste them on the scenario file, then edit their

Underage
employed ( into whatever ruler, with city )
searchable

I will list down their info later on
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 am

Ah yeah, I will just leave the relationships like that then and not worry that then.
No I don't need their hex info, I already added them to my game a long time ago :mrgreen:
I didn't add all of them though, only certain ones.
Valvatorez
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms