Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 am

i get what you mean now, Val

Still need to use randonmizer to make them stronger though
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:36 am

Next game i intend to

- play Imperial Rescue scenario

- Use Xu Shu, replace Wang Lang, in Hui Ji city

- create a custom male officer, sworn brother with Xu Shu

- create a custom female officer, make her Xu Shu wife

- These 2 custom officers will be placed into the scenario file, with their own individual clan

- These 2 custom officers will like Xu Shu, as well as like each other

- Xu Shu will like these 2 custom officers too

- remove other sworn brothers (Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei, Zhou Yu, Sun Ce, Ma Teng, Han Sui)

- Make all forces Hostile with one another

- remove all Technique Skill
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 am

Yeah that's what I meant, but then again, anyone could be strong with the right setup and tons of troops/officers.
Did you change Xu Shu's stats or skills at all? I think he's one of the people I made a bit stronger, and Hui Ji is actually a good place to start out at, it has lots of room for buildings, and can take your time expanding without getting attacked. I removed all sworn siblings and marriages as well for most of the games I play, but changed around a lot of likes and dislikes, still need to finish those as well.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 am

Valvatorez wrote:Yeah that's what I meant, but then again, anyone could be strong with the right setup and tons of troops/officers.
Did you change Xu Shu's stats or skills at all? I think he's one of the people I made a bit stronger, and Hui Ji is actually a good place to start out at, it has lots of room for buildings, and can take your time expanding without getting attacked. I removed all sworn siblings and marriages as well for most of the games I play, but changed around a lot of likes and dislikes, still need to finish those as well.

1) I tried the randomizer before, all officers deed become zero, damn....

Their similar force strength, not very similar....some really very weak, some are strong

2) Oh, i have not play the new scenario game yet.

However, I intend to change Xu Shu skill to "Assistance", change his Ambition to highest.

I intend to give his sworn brother Padegogy skill, pair with Xu Shu when marching, to train Xu Shu to achieve Pike S APT faster

Will also march Xu Shu wife, whom i will make her a warrior, with Masterful skill..... With Xu Shu wife's unit beside Xu Shu's unit during battle, can trigger Xu Shu friendly attack on enemy unit, enabling Xu Shu to gain Pike experience faster

In Imperial Rescue scenario, Sun Ce controls Wu & Jian Ye cities, it will be a tough challenge for Xu Shu

Wow, you removed all sworn siblings, marriages, even change around a lot of likes and dislikes........wow, must be very interesting though.

Do remember that you need to relocate Deng Ai, Deng Xian, Deng Zhi, Deng Mao, Deng Zhong & Ning Sui to other empty officer or dead officer slots, then those officers who like/dislike these 6 officers, you have to change their officer position too
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 am

I'm not sure, but I think if you click on 'similar sized forces' it may mean that they all will have the same amount of cities, not necessarily similar sized troops. One force may have 3 cities with 8000 troops, another might have 3 cities with 40000 in each? I usually don't check that option so I'm not sure.
Ah I see, well it should be a fun game when you do play, let me know how it goes :)
Actually I have 2 sets of files, one that has all sworn siblings and marriages, and another one that has none, so I just use whichever I feel like playing as at the time. Usually I use the one with no ties since I like employing everyone, but I guess it just depends.
About the Deng officers, I said this earlier, but they don't crash my game at all really, so I didn't move them. I have all extra spots like the Historical Officers and 18 unlock officers filled with custom or missing officers, so I have no room to move those 6 officers :lol: Have you ever used the 100 save slot officer spots? I fill those up too so usually I have 1000 officers available in each scenario.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:46 am

1) Clicking similar size force, like i mentioned.......doesn't really looks similar. It has both stronger & weaker forces.

2) For my upcoming new game.....I may even consider place the 2 custom officers as Xu Shu clans too

3) May even consider placing Xu Shu wife as sworn siblings too ( means wife & sworn siblings, 2 status....can be done )

4) It has been tough for you, to have 2 different sets of scenario game file, though with same scenario

5) Nowadays for me, if i not enough officers, i will employ those stats with LDR, WAR, INT, POL with 65 or above. Anything lower i won't employ them.

6) If i have enough officers, will only employ those 70 & higher stats

7) I have not use the 100 save slot officer spot before, bcos

- i don't really create new officers

- i do not know their officer position ( dunno how to calculate it, or is it the game auto calculate ? )

- i try not to have too many officers, as need to feed them

8) Wow, 1000 officers in a game is way too many....difficult to manage

9) I will kill lousy officers, only if left my force & another force...that's all
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:51 am

Valvatorez wrote:
About the Deng officers, I said this earlier, but they don't crash my game at all really, so I didn't move them.

Try this method, see if your game will crash or not

1) Play new game, select Yellow Turban, choose Zhang Jiao....once game start, immediately go Nan Pi city, try marching Deng Mao, see whether the game will crash or not

2) Play new game, select Rise of Heroes, choose Deng Ai, once game start, the screen will try move to Jiang Zhou city, see whether game will crash or not

3) If the screen successfully arrive Deng Ai city (Jiang Zhou), try marching him out, see whether game will crash or not
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 am

1. Like I said, I don't really use that option, but in general love the program
3. Does having both Sworn Sibling and Spouse give extra stats using both or any other effect? I thought of doing this for some characters, but haven't tried it yet.
4. Nah I just keep them all in separate folders for when I need it, I have a ton of different files I've worked on in there
5-6. I employ everyone I can lol, doesn't matter what their stats are, I usually send the weaker ones to the AI districts with a couple of good leaders in there
7 the 100 slots are directly after the 150th created officer in the save slot, it's the same spots that a bandit or tribe would appear in, if you ever have a bandit appear in your game, you can check your save file later and see where it is (not the npc, it will be after created officers and probably listed as dead) but if you fill all 100 of those spots up, no bandits or tribes will ever appear in the game no matter how low Order goes
8. I love having that many, games like Nobunaga's Ambition have over 3000 officers you can have at a time..
9, I almost never kill any officers and usually leave deaths off

For Deng..
1 did this, marched Deng Mao out of Nan Pi, no crash
2, 3, marched Deng Ai and Deng Zhong out of city, no crash
Moved Deng Mao, Ning Sui, Deng Zhi and Deng Xian all to same city as Deng Ai, marched all 6 out, still no crash, all have weird color flag with no symbol, but doesn't crash game at all, all in same original spot.
A while ago someone needed a fix for this and I explained it, but I don't have a problem with them crashing my game at all, only game crash I have is when sending a reinforcements for an ally and having the target call a ceasefire.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 am

val,

try another one.

Start new game, Nanman Rebellion, choose Liu Chan.

Zi Tong city belongs to Liu Chan force. If this city is District 2, dissolve it. Go to Zi Tong city, immediately march Deng Zhi out, see whether it crash the game or not
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:06 am

val,

For my game.

- Marched Deng Mao at Yellow Turban scenario at the beginning, game crashed

- At Rise of Heroes scenario, selected Deng Ai to play. Game start, as the screen moves towards Jiang Zhou city, it crash while moving, game gets kick out

- At Rise of Heroes, selected Zhang Jiao force, immediately tried marching Deng Mao, game crashed
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms