Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:26 am

Good to see Yuan Shao doing better, will have to see later how he holds up for an entire game. Why are you playing as Liu Zhang? Even as a test, I wouldn't play as him :lol:
About Yan Liang, and Wen Chou, hey you can edit your game however you want to, are you finally watching that show now or just found more videos from searching? I boosted Yan Liang and Wen Chou only by a couple of points each in War and Leadership, and gave Liu Shi Efficacy and a bit higher stats, and small changes to some more officers, all trying to help Yuan Shao be a little bit stronger.
Well Guan Yu and Liu Bei didn't serve them for very long, maybe that's why. You could always make one that had them in each force if you wanted to.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:04 pm

I purposely select Liu Zhang as a temporary ruler only, cos i want to see how Yuan Shao perform while in advance mode

Just a test, i let Liu Zhang play as AI ( means let game play by itself )

I'm not watching the tv drama, i just finding how strong these warriors are.

Oh, you can boost up Yan Liang & Wen Chou APT too

Yuan Shao i will say not bad though.

Oh, Liu Bei & Guan Yu didn't serve other rulers long, no wonder there's no scenario game about them serving other warlords
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm

I see. Well there's one scene from the show that has Lu Bu fighting Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Liu Bei all at once in a 3 on 1 fight, it's pretty cool that Lu Bu was able to fight all three of them at once. Hua Xiong was also pretty strong in the show in his scene.
Guan Yu always wanted to go back to Liu Bei, so he wasn't on Cao Cao's force for very long. Liu Bei actually could be on a lot of different forces like Yuan Shao, Liu Yu, Tao Qian, Liu Biao, and even Cao Cao and Lu Bu if you really wanted to, since he moved around a lot before he ever had his own force and somewhat served or was allied with all of those I listed kinda. It's just he didn't stay with any of them long enough to build a scenario around it, but hey you could still try it, I'd like to see how Guan Yu does on Cao Cao's force.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Valvatorez wrote:Liu Bei actually could be on a lot of different forces like Yuan Shao, Liu Yu, Tao Qian, Liu Biao, and even Cao Cao and Lu Bu if you really wanted to, since he moved around a lot before he ever had his own force and somewhat served or was allied with all of those I listed kinda. It's just he didn't stay with any of them long enough to build a scenario around it, but hey you could still try it, I'd like to see how Guan Yu does on Cao Cao's force.

If I place Liu Bei at Yuan Shao force, Guan Yu at Cao Cao force, what about Zhang Fei ? What about the officers in Xia Pi city, relocate them to where ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:58 pm

I think Liu Bei was only with Yuan Shao, and Guan Yu was only with Cao Cao from like 199-200 and not past that, I'm not sure if Zhang Fei was with Liu Bei or not at the time, he could just be a free officer somewhere near Liu Bei to be employed later, or he could be on Yuan Shao's force too with him, so you could go with either one.
Which officers are in Xia Pi at the time? Most of them could probably stay there, or again be free somewhere, depends on which officer it is I guess.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 pm

I can't believe people are still trying to tweak this game :lol:

Zhang Fei would go in Runan as a free officer in that sort of case, he just did his own thing and didn't serve anyone during that time. But since you insist on no free officers, put him on Sun Ce's force or whatever, he got mad and stormed off to Wu I guess.

Anyway, the sworn sibling bond means that the player/AI can just re-recruit the other two brothers using the one they have. That is why nobody ever made a custom scenario for this point in the era. It doesn't sound that intriguing to me but have fun.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 pm

Still prefer part 11 than 12 or 13.

Prefer part 11 battle mode

Yeah, still tweaking this game
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:I can't believe people are still trying to tweak this game :lol:

Why not? Not everyone liked XIII, not sure what your issue is..
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:I can't believe people are still trying to tweak this game :lol:

It seems to have morphed solely into another editing thread. Leaving us few base game players without much to talk about haha. Like the pros and cons of Feng Shui :wink: (okay, we covered that already)
I really don't play much anymore, just an observation.
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:01 am

Sakae Wu wrote:It seems to have morphed solely into another editing thread. Leaving us few base game players without much to talk about haha. Like the pros and cons of Feng Shui :wink: (okay, we covered that already)
I really don't play much anymore, just an observation.

Hey you're free to talk about anything you want lol (it would be nice to talk about other stuff too and have more people around in the topic in general), I mostly just try to answer questions or help, foosoomin can start his own topic in the editing section if he wants.
Valvatorez
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms