Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Unread postby Rastafarian » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:53 pm

could u post the portrait of cao cao , zhang liao , gan ning , zhang he and xu huang , thank ye ..
Rastafarian
Initiate

Unread postby QuocHung » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Here is a link with some pics and stats.
"Without a shadow of a doubt, I am second to none." Well maybe________.
QuocHung
Tyro

Unread postby QuocHung » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:46 pm

Here is a link with some pics and stats.

http://empiredividedtk.com/San11/
QuocHung
Tyro

Unread postby QuocHung » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:49 pm

I apologize, I hit submit before entering the link. I try to stop it but I guess it was too late. Once again, I'm sorry.

Peace on earth.
QuocHung
Tyro

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:24 pm

There's always the "edit" button. :wink:

On a different note, could anybody give some suggestions on beating the last scenario in the demo (the one against Liu Zhang)? I spend my time hiring officers early, but everytime I ultimately run short of the 1 year deadline.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:54 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:I too was upset to see that Cheng Pu's stats were actually lowered from the last game, Huang Gai's also if I am not mistaken. However, I am very pleased to see that Lu Meng has finally gotten the stats he deserves, some 30 points higher in INT than in X!

Isn't his Int only 89 here? That's lower than RTKX if I remember right. I'd need to go back and check it.

Remember, in most RTK games Lu Meng's stats steadily increase as scenarios go on. I believe he made it up to 90-92 in the late scenarios of X, or the History of Heroes.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:26 am

Zhou Rhis wrote:
Sun Gongli wrote:
Zhou Rhis wrote:
Kongming's Prodigy wrote:
Zhou Rhis wrote:Is it just me, or in ROTK 8, 10, and 11 does Lu Bu look...not so chinese?

Neither do any of the other characters, for that matter! :P

True, but in my opinion, Lu Bu looks the least chinese out of everyone.

I don't know, I think ROTK11 Zhou Tai takes that honor. ;)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/bof ... ouping.png

Rather looks like me, actually.

Oh my eyes! I'm kidding. Anyway, you're right, he probably IS the least Chinese looking so far.

He looks like this Egyptian guy I know at soccer :D

Hey, may I see Sun Shang Xiang in formal clothing?
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby The Sun Also Rises » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:00 pm

Sun Gongli wrote:Gan Ning, Sun Shang Xiang, Zhou Yu, and Lu Xun also change. The change with Zhou Yu and Lu Xun is pretty subtle - they look almost the same, just a bit more mature, while Sun Shang Xiang doesn't age per se - she changes into a more formal dress. Gan Ning, on the other hand, grows a beard, I believe.

Got all of them up. As well as both of Deng Ai, Jiang Wei, and Lu Bu who I previously only had one version of. I looked through the little portrait collection portion of the game and I think that might just be all of them.

Zei_Zao_LS wrote:Yang Song, his portrait... it beckons me...

Which means that one of you lucky bastages who know Japanese and have the game need to see about adding that one to your little collection, and letting me in on it. ;)

Still ugly as ever.

Jiang Zhi wrote:Hey, may I see Sun Shang Xiang in formal clothing?

Here ya go.
-011a5-400c974c;
The Sun Also Rises
Student

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:15 pm

Sword Saint wrote:
Sun Gongli wrote:
Lexus Fiend wrote:
Sun Gongli wrote:
The Sun Also Rises wrote:Wu:
Sun Ce
Sun Quan
Lu Meng

Gan Ning, Sun Shang Xiang, Zhou Yu, and Lu Xun also change. The change with Zhou Yu and Lu Xun is pretty subtle - they look almost the same, just a bit more mature, while Sun Shang Xiang doesn't age per se - she changes into a more formal dress. Gan Ning, on the other hand, grows a beard, I believe.

It looks like Koei's once again making the mistake of lowering Cheng Pu's stats. Will those fools never learn?

EDIT: Zhou Yu and Lu Xun also get a considerable stat boost if I'm not mistaken.

I too was upset to see that Cheng Pu's stats were actually lowered from the last game, Huang Gai's also if I am not mistaken. However, I am very pleased to see that Lu Meng has finally gotten the stats he deserves, some 30 points higher in INT than in X!

Just picked up the Japanese version from a store here in DC for about $20 due to my ability to actually speak Chinese and thus negotiate for a lower price in the shop owner's native tongue ;) . Pretty impressed even though I don't read Japanese.

Luckily, there's a pretty easy to use stat editor by van, the same guy who made one for ROTKX. Cheng Pu and Huang Gai are both now happily toting a WAR scare in the high 80's. ;) Yet another reason I prefer the PC version: I can always mess with Koei's stats/move officers who are in the completely wrong force (trust me, Dong Xi and Ling Cao would NEVER serve that scrub Yan Baihu).

One thing that's really, really cool in this game: you can wed off females in your force and initiate sworn brothers, apparently. I got Sun Ce and Zhou Yu hitched to their wives in 195, and I also saw that if I was feeling particularly disgusting, I could have wed off Wu Guotai to Sun Jing or something. That said, I'm glad I found Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao before that bastard Yuan Shu, who's now steamrolling the Central Plains somehow (he just barely missed conquering Jiang Xia, as when he invaded it had 8,000 troops to his 20,000 invading, and then suddenly Huang Zu got his head out of his butt and drafted to 40,000 while Ji Ling struggled with terrain!).
Wed off females like in RTK2? That's neat. There were times when a ruler gave me his daughter, I accepted and then went to war with him the next month. :twisted:

Is there any tiger wolfing commands, like making a governor revolt against his ruler?

There certainly are. I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of "council tactics" - there's no "alienation" tactic or "mole" tactic this time - but you can still incite people to rebel against their rulers as I did when I found out that Lü Bu was governing Shou Chun for Yuan Shu. I wanted that territory, but Yuan Shu was my ally, so I just incited Lü Bu to rebel, then defeated him, and all's still hunky-dory with Yuan Shu. ;)

So far, the marriages and sworn brotherhoods I've set up:

Marriages:
Sun Ce and Da Qiao
Zhou Yu and Xiao Qiao
Zhuge Jin and Cai Yan
Sun Yi and Lady Xu

Sworn Brotherhoods:
Sun Ce and Zhou Yu (default)
Zhuge Jin and Sun Quan

I'm looking forward to hiring Lu Lingqi and betrothing her to Sun Quan just to throw a wrench in everything.

I do wish that the events went like they did in RTKX a bit - I mean, in my 194 scenario, it's 199 and Cao Cao only has two cities while Yuan Shu has five. Liu Bei only has one, Chen Gui has one (that should have went to Liu Bei), and Gongsun Zan is about to utterly destroy Yuan Shao. Li Jue's still hanging around, even though he's only got one city. Heck, Kong Rong's actually stronger than both Liu Bei and Chen Gui combined right now.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:22 pm

Could someone post a portrait of Lu Lingqi, as well as her stats? I can't seem to find her in the demo. Thanks. :)
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms