Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 am

A good beginner leader is Yuan Shao in 194. He has a ton of good officers and weak opponents. It shouldn't be too hard to defeat Gongsun Zan and you can probably get Zhao Yun afterwards. Uniting the north shouldn't be too tough at that point, after that the only person who should grow enough to be a problem is Cao Cao and if you are luckly Lu Bu delayed him long enough for you to get a good head start :D
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:01 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Whaaaaaaa Liu Bei shouldn't be too hard. Build a band camp at the best possible choke point and deploy Guan Yu and Zhang Fei with spears. Their Rush tactic will stun enemy units, allowing other units to pummel them with normal attacks. You should be able to wipe the floor with Yuan Shu unless he has gotten *too* strong.

Also I think a good approach for Liu Bei in 194 is to break off the alliance with Tao Qian and attack him. Most of the officers love you and Xiapi is much more defensible.

That sounds about right, he is weaker than I am and could provide me with more men to throw at yuan shu. For now I'll see how the events develop. All that I've been doing is building markets and farms to get some economic base, but if I'm honest I don't know what I am doing :lol:
Qin Feng
Apprentice

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 am

Qin Feng wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:Whaaaaaaa Liu Bei shouldn't be too hard. Build a band camp at the best possible choke point and deploy Guan Yu and Zhang Fei with spears. Their Rush tactic will stun enemy units, allowing other units to pummel them with normal attacks. You should be able to wipe the floor with Yuan Shu unless he has gotten *too* strong.

Also I think a good approach for Liu Bei in 194 is to break off the alliance with Tao Qian and attack him. Most of the officers love you and Xiapi is much more defensible.

That sounds about right, he is weaker than I am and could provide me with more men to throw at yuan shu. For now I'll see how the events develop. All that I've been doing is building markets and farms to get some economic base, but if I'm honest I don't know what I am doing :lol:

Have you done the tutorial? That helps with the basics, and reading through this thread helped me a lot personally. :)

Officer count is key in XI imo, you can build up cities fast and also recruit and build armaments much quicker.
The peach bros could wreck TQ by themselves probably. Plus, Xia Pi being a large city is a good money maker and you'll double your officer count with Chen Deng being a nice addition. With him, you'll have an easier time doing strategies.

It might take a few playthroughs to get the hang of it, but I think it's one of the better Romance games out there.
Good luck!
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 am

Heck you could even take Xiapi and then abandon Xiaopei entirely, it is not an easy city to hold in XI. But from Xiapi, you have a killer choke point in that pass between Xiapi and Xiaopei where you can lock everything thrown at you down with a small amount of troops. Just be sure to keep things swell with whoever owns Beihai until you are ready to start attacking.

Also don't forget that Xiapi gives you back door access to Wu and Jianye down south, the Peach Bros are pretty decent on the water since they often join in on each other's attacks.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:11 am

Gave up playing as Yuan Shao in Lu Bu Campaign, bcos i set the characters to History, they may die anytime

Now playing as Yuan Shu in Dong Zhuo Rise scenario now.

Placed Yuan Shu & Yuan Yin at Nan Pi city, controlling/managing Yuan Shao officers.

Placed Yuan Shao, Yuan Tan, Yuan Xi & Liu Shi at Wan city, managing Yuan Shu officers

Modified Yuan Shu court importance to "Important", character to "Cool" his LDR, WAR, INT, POL, CHR & APT follows xyfer settings. Yuan Shu in "Military" mode too

Yuan Shu holding the imperial seal too

Modified Yan Liang, Zhang He, Wen Chou stats too.

I play without using weaponry (Ram, Juggernaut, Tower, Catapult), play via using the 4 normal common arnaments Spear, Pike, Box, Horse

All forces no longer in alliance, difficult to play, as Yuan Shao originally officers are very weak, have to fight it out with neighbour forces

In year 192 now, have occupied Ji & Ping Yuan cities.....
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am

Now, with any officers who are spouse or sworn siblings, i will hex edit them to join other force, when their force are wiped out

Example my current game now, I wiped out Liu Bei force, all 3 sworn brothers refused to join me. I released them. They scattered around China as free officers.

I then copy down their stats, see which city (with force) they are, add them into the force.

Only left Liu Bei who is at Chai Sang vacant city, will wait for him to wonder till an occupied city, then i will hex edit him, to join that force
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:13 am

Nan Pi is a pretty good starting city and I haven't played Yuan Shao in that scenario but I thought his officers were pretty solid overall? Especially if he has Tian Feng.
I can't imagine you having much resistance in the north. Even Han Fu with Zhao Yun is pretty easy to deal with.
I thought Zhang He(Yue) started with Han Fu also, but I can't remember now.

Siege weapons aren't necessary imo. But I used to like to have a few juggernauts on hand for enemy outposts/forts.
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Coja » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey guys .. I just found this site :). Very cool. I've recently watched the 95 episode TV show, I've played RTK2 (on NES many hours), and RTK11 (on PC - a crazy amount of hours-still play it). I have 13, and I've tried it out, but I still prefer 11 - so I stick to that :). I'm just really drawn to this story.

I've recently heard about a thing called "PUK" for 11, and was wondering what it was ? From what I've been able to research, it seems like a patch to the game. I have a couple questions about it, if you guys don't mind. (Hope this is the right place to ask).

-- What is PUK ?

-- Does it make a big difference in the gaming experience ?

-- I'm English speaking only, and have seen that the PUK is translated .. but it seems only partially ? Is the partial translation good enough for me to understand what's going on, and maneuver around the menus ?

-- If I decide to try it out, is this a decision I'm stuck with ? Or, if I don't like it, can I revert back to the regular 11 version that I know I love ?

Thanks guys ! :)
Coja
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm

1) PUK stands for Power-Up Kit, basically an expansion to the game.

2) Depends. It allows officer editing, adds some new research (a new technology and a different system that allows you to train officers), a few buildings and many new events. But the gameplay itself remains largely the same.

3) Yes, partially. The menues and such are pretty much translated, what's left is mostly dialogue, which is still Google translated (back when Google Translate was even more horrible).

4) If you own the English version, you can potentially swap them out. I have both of them on my PC.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Coja » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:1) PUK stands for Power-Up Kit, basically an expansion to the game.

2) Depends. It allows officer editing, adds some new research (a new technology and a different system that allows you to train officers), a few buildings and many new events. But the gameplay itself remains largely the same.

3) Yes, partially. The menues and such are pretty much translated, what's left is mostly dialogue, which is still Google translated (back when Google Translate was even more horrible).

4) If you own the English version, you can potentially swap them out. I have both of them on my PC.

Thank you very much for the information ! I will check it out ! :)
Coja
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms