Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:19 am

Sakae Wu wrote:If you don't think Yuan Shao is aggressive this one might change your mind. He's always on the march until his son takes over and starts to sputter.

I tried a trial game recently...selected Clash at Guan Du scenario, selected Liu Zhang in advance mode.

I see Yuan Shao attack Cao Cao's Pu Yang aggressively & gotten the city very quickly.

So i also assume Yuan Shao is an aggressive character too
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:30 am

valvatorez,

Here's the thread link to download the converted to English PUK game scenario file

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/pc-ga ... 39-47.html
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:37 am

Sakae Wu wrote:Yeah, I just like the set up. I've tried it with quite a few of the factions as well as customs and it seems to always play out differently.
It's similar to "Rival Warlords" but Lu Bu is quite stronger and if Sun Ce isn't checked early will turn into a red blob. Cao Cao is always dangerous but has his hands full with angry neighbors.
If you don't think Yuan Shao is aggressive this one might change your mind. He's always on the march until his son takes over and starts to sputter.
If only Liu Biao could learn how to recruit and field a decent attack force it would be even better. :?

Ah nice, sounds good, I do like the games that play out differently too. Oh I don't really doubt Yuan Shao being aggressive, he's the same guy that sent literally 250,000 troops to my Guan Du port as soon as I took it, he just sat up with all those cities in the north and didn't do anything at all until I got nearby, I just sat back with a couple of catapults and 2 units to block the port so no one could get on the land, in a couple of months, all of Yuan Shao's troops were wiped out. I just never have seen him do that much to actually take control of too many cities south of Ye. You ever see those really weird/dumb AI tactics like that?

foosoomin wrote:valvatorez,

Here's the thread link to download the converted to English PUK game scenario file

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/pc-ga ... 39-47.html

Yeah sure, I will try it, thank you :)
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:54 am

foosoomin wrote:I tried a trial game recently...selected Clash at Guan Du scenario, selected Liu Zhang in advance mode.

I see Yuan Shao attack Cao Cao's Pu Yang aggressively & gotten the city very quickly.

So i also assume Yuan Shao is an aggressive character too

That's interesting! He seems to struggle against the bigger powers in my games and bully the smaller ones.
I remember him trying to take Shou Chun from Sun Ce in one game with a pretty large army and he still got his butt handed to him. :o
But if he gets catapults he can be a pretty strong adversary.

Did you finish your last game yet?

@Valvatorez: Oops, I think I misread the earlier Yuan Shao thing. Yes, the quirky port obsessed AI is a black mark on an otherwise pretty great game. Another thing that bothers me is why they almost never go for juggernauts? 1000 TP and a huge upgrade from rams, just another headscratcher.

Edit: I've just graduated to "student" from "initiate" with 80 mostly nonsensical posts with questionable grammar. (For those of you keeping track of these things :wink: )
Last edited by Sakae Wu on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 am

Sorry if my comment upset you Valvatorez. I didn't mean for it to. I was just making light of how it seems kind of futile - at least on the English language boards - to try to hold discussions about how to continue revising scenarios, because the community has become very quiet/small/uninterested/whatever. Nobody participates. I know because I used to raise topics for potential discussion and they would fizzle out.

On top of that there is very little demand for enhanced scenarios. I am always stoked when someone is looking for something I've released but it's a pretty rare occurrence at this point.

So my mindset is just like...hey you want to boost so and so?...yeah just go for it. You can even post about it, and then I might decide to be a bit of a goof and make a (meant in good nature) offhanded remark about how the community is so quiet now.

Trust me, I wasn't trying to come off like I'm encouraging people to drop this and play XIII, or something else. Far from it.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:33 am

Sakae Wu wrote:@Valvatorez: Oops, I think I misread the earlier Yuan Shao thing. Yes, the quirky port obsessed AI is a black mark on an otherwise pretty great game. Another thing that bothers me is why they almost never go for juggernauts? 1000 TP and a huge upgrade from rams, just another headscratcher.

Nah I probably didn't explain it right, I meant more of he doesn't really have the same kinda AI that others like Wu, Cao Cao and Lu Bu have in that they become a bigger problem the more you leave them alone, Yuan Shao, while he can be aggressive, doesn't always expand as much, but then again he doesn't have many strong officers like some others.
And really about the juggernauts? I never really paid much attention to what techs the other forces were researching, and not even sure how they determine what they research.

Sakae Wu wrote:Edit: I've just graduated to "student" from "initiate" with 80 mostly nonsensical posts with questionable grammar. (For those of you keeping track of these things :wink: )

Nice work :mrgreen:

Zyzyfer wrote:Sorry if my comment upset you Valvatorez. I didn't mean for it to. I was just making light of how it seems kind of futile - at least on the English language boards - to try to hold discussions about how to continue revising scenarios, because the community has become very quiet/small/uninterested/whatever. Nobody participates. I know because I used to raise topics for potential discussion and they would fizzle out.

On top of that there is very little demand for enhanced scenarios. I am always stoked when someone is looking for something I've released but it's a pretty rare occurrence at this point.

So my mindset is just like...hey you want to boost so and so?...yeah just go for it. You can even post about it, and then I might decide to be a bit of a goof and make a (meant in good nature) offhanded remark about how the community is so quiet now.

Trust me, I wasn't trying to come off like I'm encouraging people to drop this and play XIII, or something else. Far from it.

I see, no I wasn't upset really, just a bit surprised since I thought you meant it in a negative way, like "really, you guys are still wasting time on this..." which surprised me a bit since I'm sure I asked you many stupid questions when I was just starting out and you helped me and I knew how much you've edited this game and XIII. So I apologize too for the misunderstanding. You're right though, maybe it's just because I joined this site so late, far after most of the editing stuff was being figured out, so I couldn't participate or help then, but I remember posting one topic about how to edit the messages/quotes in the game, and was really excited to share it and see how other people would create or edit their stuff in the game, and....nothing lol I still haven't seen anyone besides me actually do that or care about it unless they are translating. So yeah you're right in that there's not much interest in this stuff anymore so it's always nice for me to see someone asking about editing and such. Anyways, thanks for clearing up what you meant :)
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 am

Sakae Wu wrote:That's interesting! He seems to struggle against the bigger powers in my games and bully the smaller ones.
I remember him trying to take Shou Chun from Sun Ce in one game with a pretty large army and he still got his butt handed to him. :o
But if he gets catapults he can be a pretty strong adversary.

Did you finish your last game yet?

ar, bully the weaker force

Have not finish my game yet
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 am

I actually like reading the discussion here and what things Valvatorez and foosoomin come up with. :lol: I just don't participate since I'm not playing RoTK games at the moment. Can't they just make a X + XI hybrid with lots of cutsomization options? That would be a game I'd play a lot. XII and XIII never fully appealed to me.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:07 am

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:I actually like reading the discussion here and what things Valvatorez and foosoomin come up with. :lol: I just don't participate since I'm not playing RoTK games at the moment. Can't they just make a X + XI hybrid with lots of cutsomization options? That would be a game I'd play a lot. XII and XIII never fully appealed to me.

I'm glad to hear this, thank you :)
Most people do seem to like X the best yeah? I need to get around to playing it, one thing I missed from the older games was more of the rpg elements where you could talk to different characters or more events and things like that that XI is missing.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby foosoomin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:13 am

valvatorez,

Please enlighten, how do we create new skill ?

by the way, just wiped out Cao Cao force in Chang An city....whew, what a tough battle
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms