Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm

DL01 wrote:Where is the Japanese info pages?

https://www4.atwiki.jp/sangokushi11/

It's not easy to search but I've found interesting things about other games as well.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:12 pm

would you train generals with spear skill to S APT ?

Liu Feng

Li Tong

who else ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DL01 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:20 pm

foosoomin wrote:would you train generals with spear skill to S APT ?

Liu Feng

Li Tong

who else ?

I was able to train Liu Bei to S in arrow reliably, but beside that one I'm not sure who else can be trained to increase any weapon skill. If someone know one it would definitely be nice to see.

According to the data files. There are actually a number corresponded to each skill, it is not just a letter grade. So some people might be better than other even if all of them are S. Though I'm not sure about A and whether everyone on A can be trained to S, or only a few generals can be trained at certain weapon.
DL01
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 pm

I don't know about the Chinese files DL01 but with the English at least, there is a base letter grade, and then exp values for each aptitude in the save files.

As for training, C -> B isn't too bad (put the C officer under someone who will get a lot of criticals) and even C -> A can be done in a game if you make an effort, but no point in bothering with even A -> S as the exp needed is so high compared to what's improved. In my experience, raising navy tends to be the easiest (just protect a port properly) while weapons is the most difficult to raise.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 am

hi everyone,

I just repaired my Windows XP Pro

Now, i could not start the game, it prompted "Failed to initialise DirectX"

How to solve this problem ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby lorindir » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 am

In true history, Sun Ce conquered Jiang Dong as Yuan Shu 's subordinate or as himself?
Ok your majesty, now, back to your room!
lorindir
Initiate

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 am

lorindir wrote:In true history, Sun Ce conquered Jiang Dong as Yuan Shu 's subordinate or as himself?

Sun Ce conquered Jiang Dong as Yuan Shu's officer. He then rebelled and declared independence after Yuan Shu declared himself Emperor.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby lorindir » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
lorindir wrote:In true history, Sun Ce conquered Jiang Dong as Yuan Shu 's subordinate or as himself?

Sun Ce conquered Jiang Dong as Yuan Shu's officer. He then rebelled and declared independence after Yuan Shu declared himself Emperor.

Ok your majesty, now, back to your room!
lorindir
Initiate

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:As for training, C -> B isn't too bad (put the C officer under someone who will get a lot of criticals) and even C -> A can be done in a game if you make an effort, but no point in bothering with even A -> S as the exp needed is so high compared to what's improved. In my experience, raising navy tends to be the easiest (just protect a port properly) while weapons is the most difficult to raise.

The only A->S I've seen happened just once in the 10 years (????) I've been playing this game, and that happened just a few weeks back with Guan Yu going A->S in cavalry. For some reason I had him buddy up with Zhao Yun a lot on cavalry and he just picked it up, I guess.

I have never had anyone improve Navy... probably because I tend not to do naval battles. Do you improve just by sitting in a port or do you actually need to sail out and ward off intruders?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:08 pm

You only gain APT experience through actual fighting, so sitting in the port won't do anything, just as sitting in a city when it's attacked won't give anyone experience either.
Theoretically, you could build a wall on a coastal tile, send out someone with 1 soldier and have him attack the wall each turn. Would give you 1 experience each time... whether that's worth the effort though, is another question. I'd figure owning Xiapi and the port next to it and having an enemy own Wu (or vice versa) should give enough opportunities to train naval APT. :lol:
Weaponry could be increased via walls as well, I guess, just use a siege weapon instead. I don't know how much damage it would do with 1 soldier though. Since you can only use tactics, you might get more experience (I don't remember the numbers), but you'd also have to replenish will constantly.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms