Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

About Zhang Lu (Gongqi)

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 am

Webpage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Lu_(Han_dynasty)

This sentence:

under his leadership was a powerful army and strong defences such that neither Cao Cao nor Li Jue could easily defeat him.

That is why in X series, Zhang Lu stats is as follow

LDR: 73
WAR: 72
INT: 80
POL: 78
CHR: 89

Spear: A
Pike: B
Bow: A
Calvary: C
Weaponry: C
Navy: C

I will restart a new game, playing Zhang Lu in "Lord of Zhong Yuan" scenario
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Qin Feng » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:19 pm

I played some Sun Jian but had some problems with saves so in the end my progress was lost. Started again as Sun Ce and conquered Jiangdong, which seems to be a more fun campaign. Sun Jian starts in the middle of nowhere and I wouldn't want to stretch my empire too thin.

I have to say things have been much easier now with a proper force and many good officers. Yuan Shu has declared himself emperor, but I think I'll still use him as a shield while I take over the southern unoccupied cities. The rest of the map is kind of a stalemate. Gongsun Zan destroyed Gongsun Du and later on he appeared again in another city, that was later on conquered by Liu Biao. Cao Cao took Luoyang. And that's pretty much the only changes I've seen in the map. Other than the ones I advanced, of course.
Qin Feng
Student

Unread postby foosoomin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:56 am

it is said that this game cannot be play on Windows 10 operating system

How to solve this problem ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 am

Really? I have windows 10 and I could play it no problem (except for the save games issue). Maybe you can run it in another OS compatibility mode?
Qin Feng
Student

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:26 am

I saw this thread, so I asked

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23809
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Qin Feng, why do you keep losing your saves? :mrgreen: I never had any kind of problem with save files. Are they getting corrupted or disappearing or something else?
Also for Windows 10, I think a lot of people had problems with the puk version of the game at least, but yeah you can try running it in a different compatibility setting and it may help if you are using 10. I do know I have 8.1 and the puk version didn't work for me either because of some kinda windows update that happened and the game no longer started, but since I preferred the English standard version anyways, I just stuck with that one instead of the puk.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Qin Feng » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I have no idea what happened. I had some problems with my PC for some reason, like some files getting corrupted. Not gamefiles, some documents for example, it was all very strange. So when I wanted to overwrite a save in the game, it would erase the existing one rather than overwriting it. But it seems to be sorted out for now.
Qin Feng
Student

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 am

Ah ok, I was just wondering why it happened. It may not even be your pc exactly either, since I have seen other people mention they have problems with saves being lost or damaged from XI for some reason, I just wasn't sure exactly why it happens since I never had a problem with that. You can try making backup saves every once in a while so you don't lose your entire save and store them somewhere else that is safe, but yeah hopefully it works fine now.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 am

YT scenario. Turbans are destroyed. I have Zhang Bao (YT's) in my army. My strategist is Guo Jia.

Whenever he recommends Zhang Bao for a job, he never names him. Instead, he says "the commander".

Examples: "I think it would be best to leave these orders to the commander", or "I recommend the commander for these orders".

Obviously it's an easter egg, but I guess I just don't get it. Zhang Bao is not the ruler nor does he have any rank in my force.

Any ideas?
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:YT scenario. Turbans are destroyed. I have Zhang Bao (YT's) in my army. My strategist is Guo Jia.

Whenever he recommends Zhang Bao for a job, he never names him. Instead, he says "the commander".

Examples: "I think it would be best to leave these orders to the commander", or "I recommend the commander for these orders".

Obviously it's an easter egg, but I guess I just don't get it. Zhang Bao is not the ruler nor does he have any rank in my force.

Any ideas?

From editing the message files, I have seen this before. There's 2 lines that have both 435 and 440 marked as 'the commander', those are Zhang Bao and Zhang Liang's officer numbers and pretty much the only officers that get marked as differently when someone refers to them. There's also ones right above that that reference Zhang Lu as 'Master Zhang' and Dong Zhuo as 'Crown Prince' but I have never seen either of those, it may be only if you are playing certain scenarios with them on your force or just from certain characters as the strategist.
There's also some other little things that come up sometimes too, like if Zhou Yu recommends Sun Ce, he sometimes calls him 'Bofu' his courtesy name.
Valvatorez
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms