Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 am

I play Chaos in Yuan family scenario, in English standard version of the game

1) I replaced Liu Bei with Guan Ping. Guan Ping is ruler now

2) Removed 3 brothers sworn siblings relation

3) Removed Liu Bei & Mi Shi spouse relation

4) I play without using weaponry (ram, tower, catapult, juggernaut)

5) i play using spear, pike, bow & calvary units

6) Removed Guan Ping & Liu Biao alliance (through hex editing)

Very difficult to play, being struggling for about 7 years, finally now i own just 6 cities only, with General title

If playing as Guan Ping (Liu Bei) in this scenario is already so difficult, i'm very sure playing as Liu Bei in "The Three Visit" scenario will be much tougher though
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Zhou Yu son, Zhou Xun

Unread postby foosoomin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:40 am

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Zhou-Xun

Hi all, this game does not have Zhou Yu son Zhou Xun.

He seems to be a good character with good stats.

How would you place his stats, if you create him ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:45 am

Major necro I know, but I was thinking about shrines again today since I found the Yunan one again...then I saw this:

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:
Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:I think you've satisfied all conditions. I think there was a programm for the english version, but I can't remember where or how it's called. I think doesn't have to be a shrine in each region, but I'm not entirely sure about it. Maybe someone else happens to have a link to the programm, otherwise just keep on searching.

Found it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mznkymeeyjh

Holy hell, that works! (and it's still downloadable)
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:37 am

Heh. First one was choose-a-skill, second was Apt S naval, third was Apt S spears.

Forgot who I gave the Naval one to, but Ji Ling is now Apt S spears and Valiant General. :lol:
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate

Re: Zhou Yu son, Zhou Xun

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:20 am

foosoomin wrote:http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Zhou-Xun

Hi all, this game does not have Zhou Yu son Zhou Xun.

He seems to be a good character with good stats.

How would you place his stats, if you create him ?

A lot of the "died young, no real records to their feats" sons of famous figures like this guy don't appear in the game. And the ones that do can be head-scratchers. Like they put Zhuge Qiao in, but not Zhou Yu's son. Chen Biao is running around doing something, while Cao Tai is nonexistent.

Anyway depending on how much potential you personally feel Zhou Xun had, you could probably just take Zhou Yu's stats and reduce them across the board between 20-30 points and have a pretty standard representation of the build Koei would give this guy if he were in the game. Maybe tweak a bit after the main reduction. But it seems a bit weird to give someone without a real record who died young anything in the 80s. Give him low stats instead and set the stat growth to open to represent the potential if you want.

Forgot who I gave the Naval one to, but Ji Ling is now Apt S spears and Valiant General.

Just curious, do you play on console or PC? My Ji Ling after editing is pretty beasty compared to Koei's opinion of him.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:03 am

I'm on PC, and I don't do any alteration of the characters other than my created officers...and I've been steadily toning them down and/or eliminating them the longer I've been playing.

Still love the game, and still learning new things after a few years now.

---

So continuing from above (scenario is RoH) Ji Ling has a new pal to go adventuring with: Jiang Ji and his newly-granted Detection skill. :lol:

Always thought it a little disappointing that there were people of good-to-exceptional stats that had no skills. Zhang Zhao, Tian Feng, Ji Ling, Wen Qin, Ju Shou, Jiang Ji, Meng Da, and a few others. Now that I have the secret of the shrines, I can bring some life to them.

And I can finally get Li Yan a Pikes-S. Never understood why he was Bows-S but Pike General. :?
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:08 am

So wait you...

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:I'm on PC, and I don't do any alteration of the characters...

...don't alter the people but...

Always thought it a little disappointing that there were people of good-to-exceptional stats that had no skills. Zhang Zhao, Tian Feng, Ji Ling, Wen Qin, Ju Shou, Jiang Ji, Meng Da, and a few others. Now that I have the secret of the shrines, I can bring some life to them.

And I can finally get Li Yan a Pikes-S. Never understood why he was Bows-S but Pike General. :?

...feel this way?

Do you just not like the idea of hex editing? Or downloading revised scenarios where problems like you mention above are resolved? I admit that both of those ideas have their own issues and don't mean to come off as bossy or nosy, but I am curious, because the shrines are such a pain to find!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 am

The latter. I want to run within the framework of what the game provides.

Otherwise I could just make a bunch of attack squads with God's Command and Insight. :D
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Initiate

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:18 am

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:And I can finally get Li Yan a Pikes-S. Never understood why he was Bows-S but Pike General. :?

That always really bugged me too. I would have tried an edit if I wasn't using PS2 :(
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:04 am

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:The latter. I want to run within the framework of what the game provides.

Otherwise I could just make a bunch of attack squads with God's Command and Insight. :D

I mean you could do that......or you could just correct Koei's obvious errors and oversights :twisted:

Plus the attack squads is what the created officers are for. Even if the only thing you want to do is assign 100 officers on your force God's Command, it will take forever via hunt and peck hex editing.

I mean in my scenarios Jiang Ji has Detection, Li Yan has Archer General, high ministers and advisors without skills like you mentioned now have them...and I don't have to lift a finger with any shrines - or I can hunt them down to do some crazy fictional stuff.

I mean, you do you, of course, but searching for shrines, even with a side program helping, to give Tian Feng a skill or fix the Li Yans of the game, would really have rapidly drained my interest in 11.

That always really bugged me too. I would have tried an edit if I wasn't using PS2

You should see the errors Koei made in 13. After taking a fine-toothed comb to each officer when I was applying my preferences to the cast, I found countless issues, big and small. (For a sample, Zu Mao has a skill that gives anyone under his command a +1 to their Commerce as long as they have one level in it. ZU MAO. COMMERCE. WHY.)

It's almost like a rite of passage - who did Koei totally screw up this time, and how badly did they do it?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms