RTK VII Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII?

Yes
76%
No
7%
Unsure…
7%
Never Played It…
10%

Total votes : 58

Re: RTK VII Discussion Thread

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Jeremiah wrote:It sucks, man. Only in Koei world can LESS troops result in a devastating foreign invasion, while having few or none guarantees a 400-year invasion free dynasty.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone doing the coding put a "less than" instead of a "greater than" check by accident and that's what happened. I've read about errors like that making it into games before.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jeremiah » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Gray Riders wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:It sucks, man. Only in Koei world can LESS troops result in a devastating foreign invasion, while having few or none guarantees a 400-year invasion free dynasty.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone doing the coding put a "less than" instead of a "greater than" check by accident and that's what happened. I've read about errors like that making it into games before.

That is actually the most logical assumption. I hadn't even thought of that.

Another interesting glitch I just recently discovered is with Cao Cao when he invades Bei Hai on hard mode. I kicked his ass hard with just Jian Yong and a few scrubs because the middle castle is situated right along a river bank. Ol' Cao Ahman will go right into the water and straight into the loving embrace of your defenders lined up along the embankment. He and his idiot followers will just charge over and over, their ships versus your cavalry, until they die. They'll line up and just gut themselves in waves, and never make one move to try and get onto land.

Even Yuan Shao is smart enough to do it. But not Cao Cao. What an impudent rogue. Jian Yong became one of the most famous men in China thanks to his repeated capture and defeat of numerous generals during the defense of Bei Hai.
Jeremiah
Tyro

Unread postby Dehimos » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 am

Hi, I just want to say that KOEI launch VII on Steam: Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII with Power Up Kit / 三國志VII with パワーアップキット

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62803 ... _VII_with/

With PUK, but only japanese, no english or chinese. But I think the people on this subforum will have played it enough to not care about the language.

P.D: KOEI has also released the previous ones in Japanese. And Nobunaga!
Dehimos
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Dehimos wrote:Hi, I just want to say that KOEI launch VII on Steam: Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII with Power Up Kit / 三國志VII with パワーアップキット

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62803 ... _VII_with/

With PUK, but only japanese, no english or chinese. But I think the people on this subforum will have played it enough to not care about the language.

P.D: KOEI has also released the previous ones in Japanese. And Nobunaga!

Oh maaaaaaaaaan.

This was my first Koei RTK game. So. Many. Memories. I'm so conflicted now--if I weren't so opposed to Steam, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. Ugh whyyyyyyyy...
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:48 pm

Releasing all their games on Steam without English has made this a half year of slow mockery. :(
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:25 pm

If the released 7 or 8 in English in Steam I would grab them in a heartbeat, PC versions would be fantastic. 9 would be great too.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:40 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:If the released 7 or 8 in English in Steam I would grab them in a heartbeat, PC versions would be fantastic. 9 would be great too.

Mostly seconded. If they were English translated, with PUKs, and reasonably priced (twenty slagging dollars for a 17-year-old game!?!?!?!), I would definitely pick them up as well.

7, 8, and 9 were all very good in their own ways, bring their own flavor and uniqueness to the series, and are all among my favorites.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:59 am

Bush Leagues wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:If the released 7 or 8 in English in Steam I would grab them in a heartbeat, PC versions would be fantastic. 9 would be great too.

Mostly seconded. If they were English translated, with PUKs, and reasonably priced (twenty slagging dollars for a 17-year-old game!?!?!?!), I would definitely pick them up as well.

7, 8, and 9 were all very good in their own ways, bring their own flavor and uniqueness to the series, and are all among my favorites.

Well, if they were each like 90 bucks I wouldn't buy them :lol:
To be honest, the PUK would be great, but even without them I would still get it if it was reasonably priced and in english. When I first played them it was for the PS2 and I loved them then. I started with 7 then played every once since then (besides 12) and loved them all in their own way, I own 11 and 13 on PC and would love to fill in the gaps in my inventory on the PC :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:37 am

I've looked around a bit but failed to find the answer. What did the PUK of VII even offer different from the original game? The screenshots make things look a little... cleaner, there may be some strategy session ala RTKVIII but I can't tell much beyond that.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 am

Xu Yuan wrote:I've looked around a bit but failed to find the answer. What did the PUK of VII even offer different from the original game? The screenshots make things look a little... cleaner, there may be some strategy session ala RTKVIII but I can't tell much beyond that.

The PS2 version of the game, which my friend owns, had the PUK incorporated into it. Wikipedia says the PUK adds these features -

Power up kit includes following features:

Short play mode.
New tactical simulation mode. This mode consists of battles and event surrounding the 3 kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu.
Added events.
Logs for players activities.
Data editor.

I don't know anything beyond that.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms