RTK VII Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII?

Yes
76%
No
7%
Unsure…
7%
Never Played It…
10%

Total votes : 58

Re: RTK VII Discussion Thread

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Ehm :roll:
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby Korin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 pm

I hope they meant his wife. if not.. then 0_0

--

Anyways - I wish that KOEI released this game on PSN, it'll be awesome, because I was happy when they released Nobunaga's Ambition Rise to Power to PSN
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jezzicutez » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 am

hi, anyone know how to play this game on PC ? where i can find the image file? *using PCSX2
jezzicutez
Tyro

Unread postby SunJian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Mind as well share with you one of my most treasured memories of my video gaming years. And it's all about RTK7!

It all happened about 10 years ago. I had already played a game where I had unified the land as Pei Yuanshao so, with a friend of mine, we decided to play a two-player game (using the code) to give ourselves a challenge and see how the game would evolve. My friend chose to play as Cheng Bing (under Shi Xie, I think) and I decided to play Lu Yi (under Liu Yan). Liu Yan and Shi Xie didn't do much at first and eventually, my friend decided to leave Shi Xie and join with the Lius as well. When Liu Yan died, and we were startiing to become some pretty decent generals, having studied a lot and bought a few items, Liu Zhang became the new liege.

Liu Zhang sent us both away from the front lines doing nothing particular, whatever we offered to do. In the meantime, we were watching Liu Zhang slowly getting destroyed due to his poor management. We were sometimes sent to the frontlines, but then back away from them a month later!!! This was getting so frustrating! Liu Zhang eventually died, but I forgot how. Might have been captured and executed, but I'm not sure. He was replaced with his son, Liu Xun.

Liu Xun started off beautifully, taking off away from the front lines again, and leading a southern campaign by himself 2 months after the start of his reign. He was captured and immediately executed. The future was looking bleak for our kingdom at this point, and Pang Yi was chosen as the next ruler.

And WHAM!!! Immediately, Pang Yi sends us to the front lines, assigns soldiers, makes us drill our troops and starts launching military campaigns against our neighbours. What a success! He was doing EVERYTHING that my friend and I were thinking he should do. Literally. With Cheng Bing and Lu Yi being player-controlled characters, and lots of other talent still enlisted with him, Pang Yi kept it up, winning again and again against the forces of Wei and Wu until, eventually, only a handful cities remained to be conquered!

And then, the most terrible thing happened: Pang Yi passed away.

And we both said "No!". We reset the game back to a previous save point and kept saving the game every month, resetting every time he would die, all so that he could see with his own eyes the whole of the land unified under him. And so he DID!

What a thrilling game! Definitely one of my most cherished memories of my youth, and a fun story to tell for fans of the series. ;)
SunJian
Apprentice

Unread postby SunJian » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

And by the way, was any correlation ever made between destroying shrines during the Patrol command and the life expectancy of your character?
SunJian
Apprentice

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:30 am

SunJian wrote:Mind as well share with you one of my most treasured memories of my video gaming years. And it's all about RTK7!

It all happened about 10 years ago. I had already played a game where I had unified the land as Pei Yuanshao so, with a friend of mine, we decided to play a two-player game (using the code) to give ourselves a challenge and see how the game would evolve. My friend chose to play as Cheng Bing (under Shi Xie, I think) and I decided to play Lu Yi (under Liu Yan). Liu Yan and Shi Xie didn't do much at first and eventually, my friend decided to leave Shi Xie and join with the Lius as well. When Liu Yan died, and we were startiing to become some pretty decent generals, having studied a lot and bought a few items, Liu Zhang became the new liege.

Liu Zhang sent us both away from the front lines doing nothing particular, whatever we offered to do. In the meantime, we were watching Liu Zhang slowly getting destroyed due to his poor management. We were sometimes sent to the frontlines, but then back away from them a month later!!! This was getting so frustrating! Liu Zhang eventually died, but I forgot how. Might have been captured and executed, but I'm not sure. He was replaced with his son, Liu Xun.

Liu Xun started off beautifully, taking off away from the front lines again, and leading a southern campaign by himself 2 months after the start of his reign. He was captured and immediately executed. The future was looking bleak for our kingdom at this point, and Pang Yi was chosen as the next ruler.

And WHAM!!! Immediately, Pang Yi sends us to the front lines, assigns soldiers, makes us drill our troops and starts launching military campaigns against our neighbours. What a success! He was doing EVERYTHING that my friend and I were thinking he should do. Literally. With Cheng Bing and Lu Yi being player-controlled characters, and lots of other talent still enlisted with him, Pang Yi kept it up, winning again and again against the forces of Wei and Wu until, eventually, only a handful cities remained to be conquered!

And then, the most terrible thing happened: Pang Yi passed away.

And we both said "No!". We reset the game back to a previous save point and kept saving the game every month, resetting every time he would die, all so that he could see with his own eyes the whole of the land unified under him. And so he DID!

What a thrilling game! Definitely one of my most cherished memories of my youth, and a fun story to tell for fans of the series. ;)
ahaha, I wonder how old was him at the end. He just wanted to die! :mrgreen:
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby Cervello » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 am

LOL I was thinking the same thing, very interesting gameplay.

Serving 4 generations and almost see through the fifth, amazing how you could remain patient and loyal, I might stage a coup on Liu Zhang's rule if he is incapable.

Your character sound like Liao Hua, the only Shu general who lived to see the birth of the state of Shu to its demise.
Cervello
Apprentice

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:12 pm

And now I want to play this game again, which character should I play with? I always use my CCs but I want to start with a real character. There's no Xu Shu in this game, right?
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 am

I would see no reason Liu Bei's Haley's Comet of a strategist wouldn't be in RTKVII. He was in RTKII for Heaven's sake! He'll definitely be in the game.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 am

Xu Yuan wrote:I would see no reason Liu Bei's Haley's Comet of a strategist wouldn't be in RTKVII. He was in RTKII for Heaven's sake! He'll definitely be in the game.

You're right, he's in :D
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms