Translated Scenarios for ROTK XI PUK (jap)
Hi, I've just applied the CaoShang translation to every scenario (some were not translated
). So that is an "upgrade" to his translation. And I'm sleepy right now....What I did:
- Translated the title of each scenario (with mnemonics in most part ... hey better than nothing)
- Translated the name of all officers and items (following Cao Shang standard) - Scenarios: 0 and 9 to 13.More in Detail:
- Translated from Ahui Nan to Lu Zhi;- Then there is a bunch of untranslated stuff
- Translated Meng.Di and Shao.Di- More untranslated officers, they have FF on Deeds byte (wtf???)
- Translated tribes: Wuwan to Naman
- Translated Zhan.Rang and Jian.Shao- More untranslated officers
- ZeiJ.iang- More untranslated officers
- Items from RedHare to BronzePheasant- More untranslated stuffOdd Stuff:
- CaoShang translated ZhangFei jp style to Yide (I blindly did so to all files)
- CaoShang translated ZhugeLia jp style to Komi (I blindly did so to all files)
- CaoShang used strange names at times (like DaWanMa for ... Firestar I guess), so this are the names you'll see.How I did :
I just batch translated all files at once (one click), by search & replace (inputing a list with all itens to be searched and the respective replacement). Making this list was a bloody dull task
That's a nice trick to X-sify scenarios, translate, or what else. And you can reuse that (If I put my hands on a custom jap scenario, I can easily batch translate it, because I still have my list and the program).
I'm sharing this because it seems to me that everybody here is doing things the hard way, and, though strong willed, are unable to go very far. So I'm sharing how to do this in a bit smarter way (imagine what you could acomplish!)
Also I can't figure why not to copy some things from the english files (I mean you don't have to really translate things when they already were so) - I'm saying this because I intend on translating the descriptions on scenarios too (It's just copy-paste dammit).Which Program I used?
PowerGREP (not suitable for you - I know), but bear in mind it's possible to batch replace hex sequences. Try to find a program and share here (please, I'm short of time).
Or you can contact me, so I batch replace things for you (I'll require you to write a file in a given format, associating search terms to it's replacements, so I can only run the program and batch in a click).Download Link:http://www.sendspace.com/file/wc3kw9
Just backup your files and substitute for these. Now all scenarios are playable!
Please report anything wrong (I doubt there is anything wrong) you find. Share suggestions (like changing DaWanMa for Firestar). Etc.
Hell I'm falling asleep here, sorry if the post is too confuse, feel free to ask stuff.
Again thanks to everyone's effort (like Cao Shang's), I'm just sharing an idea and hoping to see even bigger accomplishments from you all. Thank you!!!