RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby T2_2112 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 am

Lady Wu wrote:The code bits are variables standing in for officer names and attributes (personality, gender, relationships, etc.) in this case. The Japanese words in here are various ways of saying "I" or "me". For example, おれ is used by macho guys who are not necessarily polite (Zhang Fei, etc.), while 朕 is used by the emperor.


Do you have any plan translate RTK12, boss ?
T2_2112
Initiate
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:15 am

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

T2_2112 wrote:Do you have any plan translate RTK12, boss ?

Sorry, no. I don't really know Japanese well enough to.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
User avatar
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu
 
Posts: 12832
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:35 am
Location: Wu-ere else?

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby T2_2112 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:45 am

Lady Wu wrote:
T2_2112 wrote:Do you have any plan translate RTK12, boss ?

Sorry, no. I don't really know Japanese well enough to.


But u know CH right ? You do not mind if some time i ask you some translation, right ?? :mrgreen:
T2_2112
Initiate
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:15 am

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby Icabola » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 pm

T2_2112 wrote:
Lady Wu wrote:
T2_2112 wrote:Do you have any plan translate RTK12, boss ?

Sorry, no. I don't really know Japanese well enough to.


But u know CH right ? You do not mind if some time i ask you some translation, right ?? :mrgreen:


I believe lady wu will assist us in translating conversation from CHI to ENG.... :roll:
User avatar
Icabola
Tyro
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: NY

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby Cao Chao » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Lady Wu wrote:
T2_2112 wrote:Do you have any plan translate RTK12, boss ?

Sorry, no. I don't really know Japanese well enough to.

I've actually heard that RTK12 is out in Chinese for PC . . . I'll probably have one of my cousins send me a copy . . .
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
User avatar
Cao Chao
Langzhong
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Whee?

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby Lezard » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:54 am

Translated Scenarios for ROTK XI PUK (jap)

Hi, I've just applied the CaoShang translation to every scenario (some were not translated :roll: ). So that is an "upgrade" to his translation. And I'm sleepy right now....

What I did:
- Translated the title of each scenario (with mnemonics in most part ... hey better than nothing)
- Translated the name of all officers and items (following Cao Shang standard) - Scenarios: 0 and 9 to 13.

More in Detail:
- Translated from Ahui Nan to Lu Zhi;
- Then there is a bunch of untranslated stuff
- Translated Meng.Di and Shao.Di
- More untranslated officers, they have FF on Deeds byte (wtf???)
- Translated tribes: Wuwan to Naman
- Translated Zhan.Rang and Jian.Shao
- More untranslated officers
- ZeiJ.iang
- More untranslated officers
- Items from RedHare to BronzePheasant
- More untranslated stuff

Odd Stuff:
- CaoShang translated ZhangFei jp style to Yide (I blindly did so to all files)
- CaoShang translated ZhugeLia jp style to Komi (I blindly did so to all files)
- CaoShang used strange names at times (like DaWanMa for ... Firestar I guess), so this are the names you'll see.

How I did :idea: :
I just batch translated all files at once (one click), by search & replace (inputing a list with all itens to be searched and the respective replacement). Making this list was a bloody dull task :rangry:
That's a nice trick to X-sify scenarios, translate, or what else. And you can reuse that (If I put my hands on a custom jap scenario, I can easily batch translate it, because I still have my list and the program).
I'm sharing this because it seems to me that everybody here is doing things the hard way, and, though strong willed, are unable to go very far. So I'm sharing how to do this in a bit smarter way (imagine what you could acomplish!)
Also I can't figure why not to copy some things from the english files (I mean you don't have to really translate things when they already were so) - I'm saying this because I intend on translating the descriptions on scenarios too (It's just copy-paste dammit).

Which Program I used?
PowerGREP (not suitable for you - I know), but bear in mind it's possible to batch replace hex sequences. Try to find a program and share here (please, I'm short of time).
Or you can contact me, so I batch replace things for you (I'll require you to write a file in a given format, associating search terms to it's replacements, so I can only run the program and batch in a click).

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wc3kw9
Just backup your files and substitute for these. Now all scenarios are playable! :D

Please report anything wrong (I doubt there is anything wrong) you find. Share suggestions (like changing DaWanMa for Firestar). Etc.

Hell I'm falling asleep here, sorry if the post is too confuse, feel free to ask stuff.
Again thanks to everyone's effort (like Cao Shang's), I'm just sharing an idea and hoping to see even bigger accomplishments from you all. Thank you!!!
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
User avatar
Lezard
Retired Account
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby izanagi179 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Lezard wrote:Translated Scenarios for ROTK XI PUK (jap)

Hi, I've just applied the CaoShang translation to every scenario (some were not translated :roll: ). So that is an "upgrade" to his translation. And I'm sleepy right now....

What I did:
- Translated the title of each scenario (with mnemonics in most part ... hey better than nothing)
- Translated the name of all officers and items (following Cao Shang standard) - Scenarios: 0 and 9 to 13.

More in Detail:
- Translated from Ahui Nan to Lu Zhi;
- Then there is a bunch of untranslated stuff
- Translated Meng.Di and Shao.Di
- More untranslated officers, they have FF on Deeds byte (wtf???)
- Translated tribes: Wuwan to Naman
- Translated Zhan.Rang and Jian.Shao
- More untranslated officers
- ZeiJ.iang
- More untranslated officers
- Items from RedHare to BronzePheasant
- More untranslated stuff

Odd Stuff:
- CaoShang translated ZhangFei jp style to Yide (I blindly did so to all files)
- CaoShang translated ZhugeLia jp style to Komi (I blindly did so to all files)
- CaoShang used strange names at times (like DaWanMa for ... Firestar I guess), so this are the names you'll see.

How I did :idea: :
I just batch translated all files at once (one click), by search & replace (inputing a list with all itens to be searched and the respective replacement). Making this list was a bloody dull task :rangry:
That's a nice trick to X-sify scenarios, translate, or what else. And you can reuse that (If I put my hands on a custom jap scenario, I can easily batch translate it, because I still have my list and the program).
I'm sharing this because it seems to me that everybody here is doing things the hard way, and, though strong willed, are unable to go very far. So I'm sharing how to do this in a bit smarter way (imagine what you could acomplish!)
Also I can't figure why not to copy some things from the english files (I mean you don't have to really translate things when they already were so) - I'm saying this because I intend on translating the descriptions on scenarios too (It's just copy-paste dammit).

Which Program I used?
PowerGREP (not suitable for you - I know), but bear in mind it's possible to batch replace hex sequences. Try to find a program and share here (please, I'm short of time).
Or you can contact me, so I batch replace things for you (I'll require you to write a file in a given format, associating search terms to it's replacements, so I can only run the program and batch in a click).

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wc3kw9
Just backup your files and substitute for these. Now all scenarios are playable! :D

Please report anything wrong (I doubt there is anything wrong) you find. Share suggestions (like changing DaWanMa for Firestar). Etc.

Hell I'm falling asleep here, sorry if the post is too confuse, feel free to ask stuff.
Again thanks to everyone's effort (like Cao Shang's), I'm just sharing an idea and hoping to see even bigger accomplishments from you all. Thank you!!!

I would love to help you on your project, but I'm not japanese...and worse...I'm not programer, well I could use hex editor to screw some data in this game but that won't help you either. I just hope someone smart and kind enough to finis the rtk 10 english patch coz I realy love this game. the best rtk series I ever play. I have the ps2 version but that not as good as pc version.....man...I hate koei for this mess...
izanagi179
Tyro
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby Chex Warrior » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Guys, is there a english translation patch for the PC version of RTK VIII? I've been dying to play that one on PC.

Thanks.
User avatar
Chex Warrior
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 am

Re: RTK Fan Projects (Patches, Walkthroughs, etc)

Unread postby racife » Fri May 15, 2015 9:24 am

I'm probably years too late, but i can translate Chinese -> English.

How do i get started? Where/How should i access the files and edit them?

Edit : for RTK12
racife
Tyro
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:09 am

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved