RTK VI Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI?

Yes
79%
No
5%
Unsure…
2%
Never Played It…
15%

Total votes : 62

Unread postby jeffrodriguez » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:58 am

This is the agme tat Changed my life. AS I ca remember our country was not big on te internet and I dont have any clue to what I was doing but on the first try it captured my heart. Then Since I dont have internet. I collected all the blank pages of my used notebooks and compiled them to at least take not of every officer, item scenario and things that will happen in the game. And the best Part was when I get the Five Tigers General SCENE, has anyone ever get this.
I have made my own walkthrough but it takes me 2 months beore i can finish it .

This game is my favorite and all the other games cant compare to it. it really is the best for me
jeffrodriguez
Tyro

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 pm

Well, after I bought XI and played it a bit, I was inspired to go back through and play the other games in the series. Guess which one I'm stuck on again. :lol: None of the other games really held my attention and made me want to play through a whole game because of some flaw. VI is just so even across the board that it's easily the most consistent and fun to play. I also noticed that the new games (VII and beyond) don't age very well. Nothing post-VI seems to be worth much of my time now.

I played the 194 scenario and conquered the land with Emperor Yuan Shu and it was awesome. I thoroughly enjoy how realistic the officers are on this game and it gives it so much more character. I had a hard time getting officers, especially when the true Yuan Shu came out in me and I decided to execute their lord. :twisted: I conquered the South Land first and COULD NOT get Sun Ce and Taishi Ci to join me, so they just drifted around for a couple of years before they finally cooled and I was able to acquire them by some miracle. I also got Ma Chao and Gan Ning and those four led my campaigns into Yizhou and then to the north where I crushed Cao Cao and quickly won a Yuan family feud with Yuan Tan to unite the land. Never was able to recruit people like Xiahou Dun, Cao Ren, Guan Yu, etc though like you could on other games and I think that's a good thing.

Usually one of my hardest decisions is to decide who to play as and then to stay interested through the usually boring start. On VI I've never really had that problem and I can play as anyone and have fun. Even Kong Zhou. :lol: I enjoy a lot the vital role that the Emperor plays too. The ability to control the Emperor is actually HUGE on this game because you can gain title and boost yourself up to Prime Minister (like in history) and then have an advantage over everyone. You can also get people to assault each other for titles which is fairly humorous. In my last game, I played as Yuan Shu in the 189 scenario. When I took Chang An from Dong Zhuo and executed him something strange happened. Every other lord on the map started sending me gifts. :lol: I probably got 4-500 gold from 3 different forces each month for a year. It was like the whole country was celebrating and giving their thanks, even those who weren't in the alliance, and then they realized that I have the Emperor and I'm gonna mow them down. :lol: The realism in this game is simply fantastic and it makes every scenario and candidate viable and fun.

I'm thinking about starting a game as Liu Chan, getting him executed to put Liu Chen on the throne and then conquering everyone with Jiang Wei. I might set up the 207 scenario by having Jingzhou surrender to Liu Bei and then play as Liu Zhang and pwn him or just take control of Liu Biao and hold off everyone.

Also, I sometimes simulate a bunch of years on the final scenario to check out the new officers. I have a book of RTK VI information where I wrote down each officers stats and have most of them, but it's hard to ensure everyone's survival and that the game will indeed carry on until they reach maturity and their stats max out so I can write them down. Anyone experimented with the last scenario much to try discover all of the officers on the game?
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby master_zhaozilong » Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm

what i hate about rtk 6 is the 200 scenario.

why did they put zhang fei as a ruler?

liu bei is with yuan shao and guan yu is with cao cao.

is there an event that this three brothers unite again?

but overall this version rocks, especially the loyal thing. it is more realistic.

zhangliao: the most year i have reached in this game is 250 something.

i also tried to see all the late comer officers, but eventually, i got tired.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

-General George S. Patton
master_zhaozilong
Initiate

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:53 pm

I don't think there is an event to bring them together under Liu Bei. I actually like how that scenario is laid out because that's how it was at the time in history. After Cao Cao defeated Liu Bei in Xuzhou, he wouldn't be a factor as an independent ruler and took refuge with Yuan Shao. It probably irritates those who like Liu Bei, but it's actually kinda sweet to have Guan Yu as Cao Cao to fight Yan Liang and Wen Chou. Zhang Fei as a ruler probably has interesting possibilites too, trying to help Yuan Shao fight off Cao Cao. There probably should be a "Reunion" cutscene though a year or so into the scenario.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Foif » Thu May 31, 2007 3:48 am

Zhang Liao17 wrote:
I played the 194 scenario and conquered the land with Emperor Yuan Shu and it was awesome. I thoroughly enjoy how realistic the officers are on this game and it gives it so much more character. I had a hard time getting officers, especially when the true Yuan Shu came out in me and I decided to execute their lord. :twisted:

:lol: I think almost everybody here has had their own personal "Yuan Shu" come out one time or another! Good one.
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby master_zhaozilong » Thu May 31, 2007 10:54 am

Well, i'm not really a liu bei fan. but still, i prefer them starting together.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

-General George S. Patton
master_zhaozilong
Initiate

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Thu May 31, 2007 7:42 pm

welcome back zhang liao 17 it has been a while .

you are right vi is one of the best if it is not the best ,and i think that the best thing in it is that the officer gets changed in his states through age ,no more the 16 zhou yu better than sun jian in leading .
لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby man_on_the_pot » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:19 pm

can somebody give me an overview on how to battle? I'm really confused. I win the field battles, but somehow an enemy unit always gets my supplies and i lose my morale really fast in the castle battles. Like i said, please help me with battles! Thanks!
man_on_the_pot
Initiate

Unread postby Sain-Cai » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:43 pm

You have to keep a unit on the supply tent, unless they are all in the castle. Usually reinforcements that arrive during the siege will head for your tent.

When they capture the supplies, your morale immediately drops in half, then you lose appox 10 pts a day after that.
Sain-Cai
Initiate

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 am

RTK VI is really good stuff, I think it's look like RTK X, that have event story line. That's make me interesting when played it. But only problem with me is for late scenario there's something missing from this game. Yeah, it's special duel tactis. It's very sad to see how lack of brave officer that we can play in late of this game. Hmm, usually I have trick to this problem, I once always play with my brother, he use Shu and I Wu. We tried to make a dueling officer to learned Special skill by making war for both of us, so his officer and mine can learned this special skill by beaten officer who's have special. 8-)
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms