RTK VI Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI?

Yes
79%
No
5%
Unsure…
2%
Never Played It…
15%

Total votes : 62

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby Xiahou Ren » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 am

Sorry, to necro old thread.
I found out a couple new things while replaying this game, and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.
Might as well write this down somewhere.

1. How Dreams works
- Advisor likes having high PR & hates low PR.
Once I tried to manually become emperor. 100 PR for me, 0 PR on Emperor. And all my Advisor had discontent at 20-ish PR. When I ascent, all my Advisor resigned.

- Advance likes active action (not building stuff) & hates doing nothing for a long time.
- Safety likes being placed in a city without hostile neighbor & hates being sent to war.
- Territorial is weird. It starts out as Advance, but become Safety after you got 8-9 cities.
Which is a very big problem because in my current game, since my lineage are all Territorial. So now I have to use my best warriors sparingly. Goddamnit.

- Preserve likes building stuff. They keep building stamina even while working. No idea that they hate.
- Justice hates being placed in a city with low public security. No idea what they like. Everything else is fine for them, I guess.
- Loyalty likes everything.
- Retirement hates everything.

- Completely no what idea Talent, Control, & Empire does. At least I know Empire doesn't mind low PR, but that's it.

2. Discontent
It's easy to tell which officer is building Discontent. Just go to Talk menu, and the officers are already sorted by their Discontent level, the top being the most displeased. My lineage always shots to the top of the list after I sent them to War, along with Safety officers. At least it's makes talking to officers way faster. Just talk to the top one, and you're done.

Also, officers seem to build discontent if you place them with other officers who have different Dreams. Some of my officers voiced their satisfaction, eventhough I never use them for anything. It stopped happening after I dumped officers with same Dreams in one city, so... take it as you will.

3.Recruitment
The game randomly pair POWs & free officers with the officers at your capital for successful recruitment. Meaning, sometimes, you could Recruit people using officer with lower Charm; which... I just realized, that it defeats the purpose of having Charm in the first place). Dreams compatibility doesn't matter.

This pairing seems to change every January (Tax) and July (Harvest). Which means every January and July, you better try to Recruit every existing POWs & free officers with every existing officers in your capital. Now imagine you just defeat Wu, and imprisoned each and everyone of them. Good Luck.

Oh btw, some recruitment needs gifts, so try to at least offer 1000 Gold.
Xiahou Ren
Assistant

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms