RTK VI Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you recommend Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI?

Yes
49
79%
No
3
5%
Unsure…
1
2%
Never Played It…
9
15%
 
Total votes : 62

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby AxeLordGerardo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:10 pm

I was amazed to see all those minor campaigns and scenarios included. Of course, to see Yuan Shao's northern campaign with Yuan Shao's Forces as main stars really inclined the balance to its favor. This title simply captivated me for all that sort of details to any force you choose.
Cao Cao - Liu Bei - Sun Jian - Yuan Shao
User avatar
AxeLordGerardo
Student
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 pm
Location: Spain - Yuan Shao´s Forces

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby 謝永錢 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 am

Edit from Next Day: Solved it by loading before I made Gongsun Gong my vassal. It wasn't that far back; just a few months. Everything is all fine and well with me as the new emperor of China. I am still curious to know if anyone else experienced this problem, or knows of another way to solve it besides loading.


I dont know you stillinto this problem or not. But if you are then i give you my answer. I play this game since high school till now im sitting on my desk working.
Your problem is simple. You made gong your vassal and as a vassal, the game didnt count it as conquered. But if you use the warn command once again and gong said yes which its resulted in he submitted his city and all of his officer for you then the game will end.
The barbarian city didnt count as a free city you neEd to conquer to make the game end. Its only provide you with unique unit (if you didnt use the cheat) and provide you with more drafting potential (barbarian city usually have a high population).
謝永錢
Tyro
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 am

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby vhk2010 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi,
Is there anyone has a list of officer name and their ability (LS, war....) and if possible Duel tactic as well
Please upload on forum or to my email puchica69@gmail.com
I have been looking for a long time.
Thanks a lot.
vhk2010
Tyro
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: UAE

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sain-Cai » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:34 am

Rolen47 wrote:Any tips for the short scenario "Emperor Yuan Shu"? I can't seem to beat it. In a guide by Marcus Dion he recomends becoming Sun Ce's ally, but that's impossible! He has 100 Anti! ...

This scenario is terrible, everyone is out to kill Yuan Shu and I just can't save up enough Gold to build an Imperial City (need to save up 20,000). Yuan Shu doesn't start with many officers and if I am able to hire anybody they have low loyalty and I can't raise it....

Marcus Dions guide says this scenario is supposed to be quick and easy, but I don't understand why he thinks that...



While this post is old and I havent read the guide mentioned, I just tried this and was quite easy.

First, I would NOT recommend allying with Sun Ce, but quite the opposite: Destroy him. What I did was simple and after a few months had the 4 city requirement (5 actually). Here is a basic outline of what I had done:

1: abandon Runan and move to Shouchun the first month, then attack JianYe with unused officers. Jianye has few officers and troops and your added numbers will make this cake.
2: Now you can attack Wu and Hui Ji at your leisure as they have no food.
3: Bring about 150-200 troops when attacking Wu then wait it out til they starve, capturing one officer at least with ease.
4: Draft in Shouchun, JianYe and Wu til you have 300ish troops, buy some food if needed so you wont run out if attacked.
5: develop commerce only in your cities, sell some food if market is good

Thats basically it, by abandoning Runan and moving capital to Jianye then taking supplyless Wu and Hui Ji, its just waiting til 200 to build palace. I was attacked once but easily fended off Liu Bei with the "arrow formation". Cao did take an officerless Runan, but was of no worry. Most of Sun Ce's officers joined me as well, lending speed to building commerce.
Sain-Cai
Initiate
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:18 am

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sain-Cai » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:44 am

謝永錢 wrote:
Edit from Next Day: Solved it by loading before I made Gongsun Gong my vassal. It wasn't that far back; just a few months. Everything is all fine and well with me as the new emperor of China. I am still curious to know if anyone else experienced this problem, or knows of another way to solve it besides loading.


I dont know you stillinto this problem or not. But if you are then i give you my answer. I play this game since high school till now im sitting on my desk working.
Your problem is simple. You made gong your vassal and as a vassal, the game didnt count it as conquered. But if you use the warn command once again and gong said yes which its resulted in he submitted his city and all of his officer for you then the game will end.
The barbarian city didnt count as a free city you neEd to conquer to make the game end. Its only provide you with unique unit (if you didnt use the cheat) and provide you with more drafting potential (barbarian city usually have a high population).

My guess is there was still a vacant city on the other side of Gongsun. You dont need to take the barbarian cities and if memory serves, vassals do count as 'your' cities as well
Sain-Cai
Initiate
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:18 am

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby greencactaur » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:18 am

I was watching a youtuber named Grimmithr play ROTK 6, and I have to say it looks REALLY ahead of its time. The game would be great to play on PC.
User avatar
greencactaur
Academic
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby TVL » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 am

greencactaur wrote:I was watching a youtuber named Grimmithr play ROTK 6, and I have to say it looks REALLY ahead of its time. The game would be great to play on PC.


yeah, i still am playing it on my iphone from time to time. The game is still great because it has nice mix of good battle/duel system while the RPG elements like "talking to your officer" or "control the emperor" really add to the game.
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby 謝永錢 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:56 am

Just start playing it again in my phone last night. Need some help on city improvement. On what season we should focus on commerce and what season for farming?
Btw, i am playing as cao cao in dongzhuo rise scenario.
Just captured xuchang and intentionally executed lubu when i captured him on siege of xuxhang :twisted:
Will post my screen shot on the next post.
謝永錢
Tyro
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 am

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:39 pm

謝永錢 wrote:Just start playing it again in my phone last night. Need some help on city improvement. On what season we should focus on commerce and what season for farming?
Btw, i am playing as cao cao in dongzhuo rise scenario.
Just captured xuchang and intentionally executed lubu when i captured him on siege of xuxhang :twisted:
Will post my screen shot on the next post.


You're gold comes in at the start of January and your food comes in at the start of July :)
User avatar
LordSimaYi
Student
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 am

Re: RTK VI Discussion Thread

Unread postby Milkos15 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:46 pm

This was the first ROTK game that I played using my PS1, this popped my cherry
Milkos15
Tyro
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved