RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was this thread helpful to you? [No Prune]

Yes
30%
No
16%
Kittens!
54%

Total votes : 50

Unread postby Cao Chao » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:19 am

You mean the language toolbar?

Edit: A full tutorial on how to Japanese language inputs would also be helpful. I know how to use Chinese, but not Japanese...
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
Cao Chao
Langzhong

ROTK3 Fonts Problems when running

Unread postby nquire » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a solution to the above when running Win XP? Appreciate your sharing
nquire
Tyro

Unread postby MrAndy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:41 am

Same problem here. I set my default language to Japanese, and the text will show up when trying to create a character but it will not let me press "OK".

I am also using Japanese RTK X and Windows XP.
The Koei Project - Share your ideas for Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, or any Koei related project to be professionally suggested to Koei corporation.
MrAndy
Sage

Question for all RTK VII players - RE: character creation...

Unread postby Homang » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 am

im having no luck so far creating characters using NJStar to write chinese characters for their names... i've had this game before, but i dont think i used NJ Star to input chinese names and now, i couldnt figure out how to input em.

they keep telling me that my chinese characters are half shaped/characters... so i cant make new warriors :(

and so far, ive been using free/shareware of the NJ Star communicator's chinese input program. and havent found anything online that could solve this problem...

can anyone help? i'll greatly appreciate ur help.
or refer me to another chinese input program? thx alot!

PS: my comp = WinXP as well, this is for RTK 7, on PC
Homang
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:28 am

Inputing characters on RTK7 has been a perpetual headache for players. NJstar doesn't work. I think RichWin or MagicWin works (Google for download), but they don't support WinXP. Try TwinBridge's Chinese Partner as well (demo download)? I remember having tried many things before something worked. Unfortunately back then I had Win98, and I don't know if any XP-compatible input software works on RTK7 :(

(Have you tried WinXP's own input system?)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby cresentdragon92 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:31 am

I have a problem. After i downloaded ROTK X onto my computer from sanguogame.net, I recieved it as an ex- file. I then changed ex- to exe to see what would happen :oops: After I changed it to an exe file, an icon appeared and when i tried to double click it, it looked somewhat like an install process, but it wouldn't install.
Your epidermis is showing.
cresentdragon92
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ma Meng Han » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:44 pm

Only problem I have is that I can't tell what's going on in the personality thing in the character creation screen, it's not set the same way as the PS2 version so I have no idea:
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cc4fb.png

If it wouldn't be too much trouble can someone who knows chinese translate the text in these boxes?
Ma Meng Han
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:18 pm

Ma Meng Han wrote:Only problem I have is that I can't tell what's going on in the personality thing in the character creation screen, it's not set the same way as the PS2 version so I have no idea:
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cc4fb.png

If it wouldn't be too much trouble can someone who knows chinese translate the text in these boxes?

Skill Type: Ordinary, Bold, Wise, Cunning, Leader, Versatile
Mindset: [ ], Loyal, Heroic, [ ], [ ]
Personality: Cool, Timid, Bold, [ ]
Alcohol: Dislikes, Likes, Loves
Interest: Martial Arts, Collecting, Literature
Desire: Selfless, Average, [ ]

(Don't know what the standard English translation is for the ones in [ ]; perhaps someone with an English version of RTK 10 can help us out. I have the Chinese version too.)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Ma Meng Han » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:56 pm

Ah, thank you so much! :)

I could have filled the rest, but they are not listed in the same order on the english version so I'll just fill the last space of those that are missing only one.

Mindset: [ ], Loyal, Heroic, [ ], [ ]
Personality: Cool, Timid, Bold, [Reckless(?)]
Alcohol: Dislikes, Likes, Loves
Interest: Martial Arts, Collecting, Literature
Desire: Selfless, Average, [Greedy(?)]

Ambitous, Spontaneous and Selfish go somewhere in the first row I guess.
Ma Meng Han
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:10 am

Ma Meng Han wrote:Ambitous, Spontaneous and Selfish go somewhere in the first row I guess.

They go in exactly that order.
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms