RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was this thread helpful to you? [No Prune]

Yes
30%
No
16%
Kittens!
54%

Total votes : 50

Re: RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Unread postby Dracaveli » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:54 am

Liu Zheng wrote:Hi, I have some problem with the ROTK4 version found on KMA.

I know that there is no music in the rip, but I have the soundtrack... is there a way to mount the soundtrack into the game?
I've tried
1) in win95/win3.1, i mounted an iso with just the soundtrack... nothing
2) in win95/win3.1, I've created a folder called music with the soundtrack... nothing

Same files, first in .mp3 then in .wav... nothing.

Is there a way to get the music working? I've read something in this forum, but it doesn't work.

Thanks

it has to be an Audio CD with the standard CDDA format, I use Daemon tools pro (trial version) and created a mountable audio cd (.mdx file type)

...writing mp3's or .wav files to a .ISO will not work
Dracaveli
Tyro

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Dracaveli wrote:

I know that there is no music in the rip, but I have the soundtrack... is there a way to mount the soundtrack into the game?
I've tried
2) in win95/win3.1, I've created a folder called music with the soundtrack... nothing

Is there a way to get the music working? I've read something in this forum, but it doesn't work.

Thanks

it has to be an Audio CD with the standard CDDA format, I use Daemon tools pro (trial version) and created a mountable audio cd (.mdx file type)

Thanks, i will try that later
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby ytwong101 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm

I have the English version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI that I bought in 2008. It cannot work on my new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. How can I play or make it work on this Windows 7 Home premium? Can anyone teach me the solution step by step? Thank you very much.
ytwong101
Tyro

Unread postby Stryke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 am

ytwong101 wrote:I have the English version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI that I bought in 2008. It cannot work on my new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. How can I play or make it work on this Windows 7 Home premium? Can anyone teach me the solution step by step? Thank you very much.

What's not working? Have you tried running the game in admin and compatability mode? Right click on the game shortcut, go to properties, and find compatability mode.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Dracaveli wrote:

I've tried

Thanks

Can't do without a physical CD, do you happen to have the mdx?
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby Dracaveli » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

I have the .mdx but I'm on dial-up so uploading is kinda hard (to say the least), but you should be able to create a virtual audio cd with daemon tools pro (trial) without the need of writing to a physical cd, at least that's the way I did it...

best of luck to you, remember the first audio track isn't played. Track 1 as far as game music is concerned is really track 2 on your audio cd, Track 1 needs to be a dummy track
Dracaveli
Tyro

Unread postby ytwong101 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Stryke wrote:
ytwong101 wrote:I have the English version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI that I bought in 2008. It cannot work on my new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. How can I play or make it work on this Windows 7 Home premium? Can anyone teach me the solution step by step? Thank you very much.

What's not working? Have you tried running the game in admin and compatability mode? Right click on the game shortcut, go to properties, and find compatability mode.

I have tried using the compatibility mode and also in admin mode. The installation of the game was fine, but the game cannot start after I click on the Play RTK XI on the launch window. An error message appears.

Error message: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select ok and restart application."

Can you help to solve this problem? I have tried many ways, but the game just cannot start with this error message keep appearing. Thank you.
ytwong101
Tyro

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 pm

ytwong101 wrote:
Stryke wrote:

I have tried using the compatibility mode and also in admin mode. The installation of the game was fine, but the game cannot start after I click on the Play RTK XI on the launch window. An error message appears.

Error message: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select ok and restart application."

Can you help to solve this problem? I have tried many ways, but the game just cannot start with this error message keep appearing. Thank you.
Buy the game.
Dracaveli wrote:I have the .mdx but I'm on dial-up so uploading is kinda hard (to say the least), but you should be able to create a virtual audio cd with daemon tools pro (trial) without the need of writing to a physical cd, at least that's the way I did it...

best of luck to you, remember the first audio track isn't played. Track 1 as far as game music is concerned is really track 2 on your audio cd, Track 1 needs to be a dummy track

I've tried but nothing, thanks anyway :wink:
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby ytwong101 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I said that I bought the game in 2008. That means it comes with the original game DVD disc, manual and the whole package. I always buy original games with original DVD disc. But the error message keeps appearing to tell me to insert the correct DVD-ROM.

Can anybody help to solve this problem? Thanks.
ytwong101
Tyro

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:07 pm

ytwong101 wrote:I said that I bought the game in 2008. That means it comes with the original game DVD disc, manual and the whole package. I always buy original games with original DVD disc. But the error message keeps appearing to tell me to insert the correct DVD-ROM.

Can anybody help to solve this problem? Thanks.

Try to go directly in the game folder, it should be in "program files (x86, if you're on a 64bit system)/koei/".

If you installed the game the dvd can't be that scratched.. so I'm guessing that is a launcher problem, not a physical one.
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms