RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was this thread helpful to you? [No Prune]

Yes
30%
No
16%
Kittens!
54%

Total votes : 50

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:03 am

Keklin: Do you have the XP Asian Languages pack?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

CHINESE SOFTWARE

Unread postby keklin » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:27 am

You mean regional settings in the control panel ? I must go back and check.

BTW I am enquiring on version RTK VII. Used to play on my previous PC (running on win 98 + Richwin).

Then I changed my PC (win XP) . Do I need to install any chinese software for this game ?
keklin
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:19 am

Hmm hmm hmm.

Sorry, I don't have RTK 7 installed on an XP machine, so I don't know how to make it work (I used to use Win98 + NJ Star).

If you have Chinese properly set up in Regional and Language setting and the words are still garbled, you might have to use a Chinese software. The problem is not a lot of those softwares are compatible with XP (because XP has Asian languages compatibility already). NJ Star might work (though I don't think it inputs correctly all the time when you're making new officer names).

Sorry.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:16 pm

Here is an inquiry that was posted in the RTK1-5 thread:

Bangladeshi wrote:dear every1.

i am following this thread with great interest becuz i am trying to get my rtk5 to work properly. i am using dosbox and the game loads up. there is music. but there are officer portraits. it is just a blank box where a picture should be. i understand it is not everything and i can still play without the pictures but i really hope to see them if not it is a little annoying.

i am using xp. the game file was from kongming archives.
i found the offr portraits from kongming archives but they are gif files and i dunno how to convert into the game.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby robbyjo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:45 am

Gosh, I've missed this one. Sorry. I think that the RTK5 there is an incomplete rip. I remember that this game came in a CD. Right now, there's nothing you can do about it.

Edit: I think I found the culprit. The file GRAPH.S5 is a lot smaller than it should.

-- Rob
robbyjo
Überducky of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:33 am

neo20000 wrote:I already loading translation program JAP->ENG (RTK10 PUK patched executable) but it's doesn't work, shown that "Can't find S10PDS.DLL"

I don't know how to get that file please help me... Thank you.

Here is a question for the lot of you with computer knowledge.

I've also made this thread a sticky to prevent it from being lost in the future.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:18 pm

Muliato wrote:i am a fans of RTK games series , now i have a RTK X japanase version
but i don't understand it . and i download a RTK 10 PUK english translation from project translation sponsored buy gamevn ..., when i run the patch the error is missing S10PDS.DLL ....,
1. where can i find this file ??
2. why in my CD Game does not have this file ???

thank's :D

Muliato has essentially the same question. Anybody know how to fix this?
Zhang Liao17

Unread postby Hung Long » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:08 pm

Muliato wrote:i am a fans of RTK games series , now i have a RTK X japanase version
but i don't understand it . and i download a RTK 10 PUK english translation from project translation sponsored buy gamevn ..., when i run the patch the error is missing S10PDS.DLL ....,
1. where can i find this file ??
2. why in my CD Game does not have this file ???

thank's :D

I can answer this question. The reason you run into the error "file S10PDS.DLL missing" when using RTK10 PUK patch is because you only have the original version, not PUK version. RTK10 PUK patch only works for RTK10 PUK version. If you want to use English patch for original version then download the exe build for it. It should be an August 2004 release, and have around 4Mb.
Hoi Vuon Dao RTK English Translation Projects
http://threekingdoms.gamevn.net
Hung Long
Apprentice

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:03 pm

HELP!

I got the Chinese version(I downloaded it) and I'm having trouble with the text in the game. I read the info from the place I downloaded it and got magicwin98, but it still doesn't seem to solve the problem. Sometimes I get these large windows asking yes or no, but I can't see the text in the windows. Or sometimes I just see a large number in those text windows and that's it.

I can read the names and many other things(even the battle training talk), but I just can't seem to figure out how to play due to those "yes or no" windows that pop up with no text whatsoever.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:31 pm

man4422 wrote:Hi there,

I am using Windows XP to play RTK VI pc game. Anyone knows how to configure to make the background music on?

Rgds
man4422
Zhang Liao17

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms