RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was this thread helpful to you? [No Prune]

Yes
30%
No
16%
Kittens!
54%

Total votes : 50

Re: RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Unread postby ytwong101 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm

I can install or uninstall the game. It is the launcher problem. I cannot launch and start the game. Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks.
ytwong101
Tyro

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm

ytwong101 wrote:I can install or uninstall the game. It is the launcher problem. I cannot launch and start the game. Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks.

Try to start the game directly from RTKXI.exe, not the launcher.
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby ytwong101 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 pm

It is still not working with .exe together with changes to the compatibility. Any other way?
ytwong101
Tyro

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi there guys, long time no see.

I'm with a little personal problem. My PS2 got through some problems and now it doesn't even work. But now i want so much to play ROTKX, and i can't, that's why i came here.

I'm a little 'noob' with these PC things so, are there other ways to play ROTKX in PC without the CD or it is some 'pirate way to play'?
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm

LordCBrasil wrote:Hi there guys, long time no see.

I'm with a little personal problem. My PS2 got through some problems and now it doesn't even work. But now i want so much to play ROTKX, and i can't, that's why i came here.

I'm a little 'noob' with these PC things so, are there other ways to play ROTKX in PC without the CD or it is some 'pirate way to play'?

you can emulate the ps2 version (that you already own, you just need to create a iso so you don't need to keep having the disc inside the pc) on the pc, the rotk series is not very cpu intensive.

Download PCSX2 from emucr.
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Liu Zheng wrote:
LordCBrasil wrote:Hi there guys, long time no see.

you can emulate the ps2 version (that you already own, you just need to create a iso so you don't need to keep having the disc inside the pc) on the pc, the rotk series is not very cpu intensive.

Download PCSX2 from emucr.

Thanks Liu Zheng, I'll just download PCSX2 (PCSX2 SVN r5478 - This one is the right one, right?) and keep the CD inside my computer, I just don't know how to 'create a iso'.
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:55 am

Well i downloaded PCSX2 but couldn't find a RoTK X iso, does anyone have a link or something?

Also, i tried DW5 and when enemies are near me, my fps goes down to the 30-40 range; can somebody help me?
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Yellow Hats » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 am

You can just use your CD. No need for an iso when you have the real thing. Or you could just download ROTK XI.
Yellow Hats
Tyro

Unread postby sima huang » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm

LordCBrasil, would you be so kinda as to post the specs of your PC? I.e. - amount of RAM, video card, cpu speed, etc.

This can play a big part in compatibility with the PCSX2.

If you don't know where to go to find your computer specs, you go under the Start Menu, right click "Computer" and select "Properties". The information being asked for is there.

And on the note of Dynasty Warriors, this is a very common issue, the slowdown that is. I've got copies of 3 4 and 5 and the XL versions of each as well, and the slowdown is extremely frustrating, but once you've played only on the emulator for a while, it's something you can get used to.
Try going through the configuration menus and tinker with some things until you find a combination of settings that works best for you.

I hope that this helped :P
sima huang
Tyro

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU
E2180 @ 2.00 GHz
2.00 Ghz, 2,50 GB de RAM

btw, it's WinXP.

It helped a lot sima huang, and welcome to SoSZ!

I'll try all the configurations i'm aware of, i don't wanna put a check on something like 'this will destroy your computer'! :lol:
LordCBrasil
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms