RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Was this thread helpful to you? [No Prune]

Yes
30%
No
16%
Kittens!
54%

Total votes : 50

Re: RTK PC Help Thread (Compatibility, etc.)

Unread postby David Lo Pan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Okay I solved this one myself (with some help from the internet)

I assumed that because I was on the admin account I had the powers of an admin, this was not the case.

I bound the Hex program to the taskbar and clicked ctrl+shift+ left clicked the closed Hex program. The computer asked if I wanted to run the program as admin and I said yes.

hooray! now for some editing fun maybe give Liu Zhang some better stats (too bad I can't get that gormless look off his face)
David Lo Pan
Tyro

Unread postby Lafiel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 am

hello guys....I'm new here....

I'm planning to re-play again ROTK XI, my questions are :

1. Can I play ROTK XI in Windows 8?
2. is there any problem playing ROTK XI in Windows 8?
3. What I need to do to be able to play ROTK XI smoothly in Windows 8?

Thank you very much in advance for all people that trying to answer my question.
Lafiel
Tyro

Unread postby FromAutumn » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello Lafiel.

I'm playing ROTK XI on my windows 8 without any problems. That's even better than when I was on 7, in which I had a lot of crashes...

However, I'm also asking for something, I can't find the answer anywhere.

I'm currently trying to install ROTK 10 on my laptop (once again, i'm on W.8.1), and at the end of the installation, I have a window showing only one numer : 1628.

I googled that, that's something that occurs saying that the installation didn't complete well, I tried many methods (super admin, compatibity, installshield folder rename...) but it still does not want to be installed in my computer. I'm sure no one will have the answer to this but I'm trying my chance, because I'm playing this game on PS2 and I have like 500 hours of gaming on it (versus >1500 hours on ROTK XI :D) but I'd love to play it on PC, with the PUK version !
FromAutumn
Tyro

Unread postby Priyon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Greetings. I got RoTK X from a friend recently, who bought the game a long time earlier but never found time to play it. He gave me three disks. It seemed like the Japanese version, although I don't really know the language I somehow managed to install it after a few attempts. Both the game and the other similar installation, whatever it is (PUK kit probably?). They didn't seem to install in the same folder, gave me an error each time I tried.

But now I have a problem. I wish to play in English but cannot. I searched around the internet, and then downloaded the English patch files on Kongming, and replaced the original executables in both folders. But the game is still in Japanese. The English patch from there doesn't seem to work at all. :(

I tried running the other executable, "San10PK.exe" and it doesn't even run. It gives me a weird error in Japanese and then exits. Now this is even worse - if it is a power up kit, why can I not run it? I even have the disk in my drive.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is it because I am playing on Windows 7?

Please, help me out.
Priyon
Tyro

Unread postby gutter2d » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:03 am

Was there a Windows 7 update that bricked the San 11 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI) game? Whenever I click on either San11.exe or San11PK.exe nothing happens, yet I don't get an error message or anything. I haven't run the game in a year or 2, but it worked perfectly before on my computer and I have the same video card, OS, and everything.

Anyone else able to run the game in Windows 7?
gutter2d
Tyro

Unread postby Calamitus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:27 am

I played it one day ago on my PC with windows 7(auto updates are disabled though). Maybe you should try solutions from that article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2985806/ ... nning.html
Calamitus
Apprentice

Unread postby DL01 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Windows 7 KB3086255 has issue with San 11, and later in SP2 there is another update (forgot which one) that breaks it. So first check if you are on SP3, if so, you probably can not simply uninstall a KB to get it working.
DL01
Tyro

Unread postby gutter2d » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:10 am

Calamitus wrote:I played it one day ago on my PC with windows 7(auto updates are disabled though). Maybe you should try solutions from that article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2985806/ ... nning.html

Thanks so much for your help! Those commands got it working again :D :D :D

I did sc config secdrv start= disabled first

then sc config secdrv start= auto

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086255/ms15-097-description-of-the-security-update-for-the-graphics-component-in-windows-september-8,-2015
gutter2d
Tyro

Unread postby foosoomin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 am

hi all,

i am playing the ROTK XI English standard PC version.

Previously am able to play...However, something went wrong with my Windows XP Pro, re-installed it & the game could no longer be to start

It prompted "failed to initialize Direct 9x", which i had it.

How do i solve this issue ? Can anyone enlighten me ?

I am using the latest version of Direct 9x
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms