RotK 14 New Generals

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RotK 14 New Generals

Unread postby Lorric » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Okay, requests in one easy post. :)

Turbans and Nanman:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24558&start=160#p621628

Yuan Shu officers: Chang Nu and Zhou Shang.

Lu Bu officers: Du Shi, Qin Yilu, Cheng Lian, Wei Yue, Zhang Chao, Xu Si, Liu He, Xu Xi, Mao Hui, Yin Li, Wu Dun, Chang Xi

If you want, you could look for the last of my created officers:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24623&start=60#p622105

Thank you. :)

It would be an amazing resource if you did all 1,000. Especially with the search options.
Last edited by Lorric on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby rrx_sz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Wang Shen was in 13PUK, he was cut after 9 (along with many newcomers in that entry, most hasn't returned)

Any chance you found this guy Jebus? Dude left a lasting impression for some reason

His name is Wang Han. Missing in 13 after last seen in 11
rrx_sz
Tyro

Unread postby Lorric » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm glad you asked me to make that post, I've just done a session on one of my AI only playthroughs, and it looks like being one of my most surprising ones. The 186 custom scenario, Zhang Miao is currently the favourite to conquer China. He's got the most cities, most troops, most officers and Lu Xun as strategist. Well, I noticed he has Zhang Chao, who was in my mind from my last post here. This scenario has custom officers. If there's no Zhang Chao in ROTK XIV, there's a ready made one there for me to recreate! :)

EDIT: I just went through all the starting officers in 186, thinking I'd find more custom officers, but no, Zhang Chao is the only one!
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Lorric » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 am

More officers. I already had Han Meng as an X guy recreation, but I've expanded his biography:

He's got 30 more total stats with Koei than with the X Series stats here.

You asked a question about Han Heng, this will answer it:

One more for Yuan Shao / Yuan Shang gratefully accepted, and since he didn't die, he can get a longer life than most! :)

I've added the other two for Yuan Shu:

Are you sure the Qu is correct? This has him under a different name:

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Hui-Yan

I assume it's the same guy with the name, description and the fact there's no Hui Qu.

He's lucky that the X Series doctrine says you get at least one A if you're a combat officer, and despite his low stats, that's what he is, so he has an A in bows. Also gets a B in Navy, so he can actually be useful if you attach him to a unit that only has a C.

A really close portrait match, and her Wealth trait will serve Yuan Shu well.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 am

Webapp V1.01!

Hey guys took a day off but here are some improvements!!

[Bugfixes]
*Fixed a bug where the "Back to List" button in generals will always go back to the main list, not where you came from.

[Tech]
*Starting implementing redux for better data flow. Hopefully will lead to faster loads.

[Generals]

Moved Wang Shen out of "newly added" to 13PUK. Thanks to rrx_sz for pointing it out! Also sorry it does not look like Wang Heng is in the game :(.
Zhao Ang: Thanks Lord Cao Cao for finding someone I forgot!

I have also added a couple of generals whose portraits I like and are important to the Three Kingdoms!! I will release these on a semi-regular basis and try and make them as diverse as possible.
Quan Cong: Wu
Cao Zhen: Wei
Liu Feng: Shu
Wang Ping: Shu
Ji Ling: Yuan Shu

[Lorric]

I will take a closer look at the Yellow Turnban list, but I wouldnt be too hopeful, the two Nanman however are!
Xi Ni
Tu An

Yuan Shu:
Cheng Nu and Zhou Shang NOT FOUND

Lu Bu: All found except: Liu He, Xu Xi, Mao Hui, Cheng Xi

Again, check the recent for all the new additions.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:43 am

Also if someone wants to help out it would be nice to see the names of all the tactics/traits from my version to the english translation! I can't seem to dl the demo as I have the actual game. Thanks!
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:43 am

Jebusrocks wrote:Also if someone wants to help out it would be nice to see the names of all the tactics/traits from my version to the english translation! I can't seem to dl the demo as I have the actual game. Thanks!

The workaround to get the demo if you already have the game is to make a new Steam account and download the demo using that. Or you can just wait for one of us to send names to you. ;) Won't be me tonight, though, it's late...
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Lorric » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks, Jebusrocks! Struck gold with Lu Bu!

Two things though, it's Chang Xi, not Cheng Xi, so could you check for him again? He's one of four guys, and the other three are all in, so it would be odd if he isn't (Yin Li and Wu Dun were added and Sun Guan was already in.) And there seems to be some error with getting into Yin Li's page.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Lorric » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm

I debated with myself for a really long time about nerfing the two Nanman guys down to their Koei stats, and I've gone ahead and done it, but I really think Koei are just wrong here with these guys. Interestingly though, Koei and I were in almost perfect agreement about their WAR stats. We both went with 63 on Tu An and I went with 68 on Xi Ni and Koei went with 67.

I don't like the miniscule stats on their other abilities, would it really kill them to have in like the 15-30 range for them, for INT, just about anyone in Shu would still be able to shut them down with INT based tactics, though I don't know how such things work in 14.

The main problem I have though is their low LDR stat. They make a big deal about this armour being "invincible" but now, these guys will essentially have 100 LDR and 104 LDR. Total LDR and WAR for both of them is thus 167. Shu has several guys with better totals than that that could just beat them in a straight fight 1v1 without even exploiting their huge INT and fire weaknesses. If you just reversed their INT and War, then only Shu's top guys could beat them 1v1. And that of course is just them hitting each other, Shu's top generals I assume will have better tactics and abilities of their own, so would still chew these guys up anyway.

The saving grace in XI and the tipping point for me nerfing them was the fact you can attach them to other units. I doubt the AI will do this, but you could at least put them with like Meng Huo and Zhu Rong and get the benefits and make a stronger unit.

But in 14, they have to go out on their own, and the ability even got nerfed to triple fire damage. Now if it was triple damage reduction and triple fire damage I'd be fine with that. They'd have their one situational use, and still massive fire and INT weakness. They'd both be at 217 total, strong, but not over strong in the WAR department so wouldn't be smashing you up or anything and I bet Shu's best could still 1v1 them with their better abilities. Wu Tugu would be a beast though if you didn't exploit the weaknesses. And he should be, there should be a reason Zhuge Liang had to use his extraordianary measures, he was capturing the other Nanman guys and turning them as well as capturing Meng Huo 7 times, but these guys had to burn and it should be clear in the game why.

I was hoping I'd see some of that style of Nanman armour from when they first appeared in Dynasty Warriors, and Xi Ni gave me what I wanted. :)

Anyway, here they are.

Wow, Koei did the dirty on Qin Yilu. He's lucky he was put into the X Series, so I won't touch his stats. They are massively better there, he's a respectable officer there, he's just a scrub in 14. His wife's stats are close to her X stats, but she's also lucky as she's a little better in X.

As for the rest, here they are:

I'm happy Wei Yue gave me an excuse to use this custom officer portrait, it's one of my favourites. :)

He also is a good officer after you look past Lu Bu's top guys, I gave him As in Spears and Cavalry and Cavalry General.

Now, are you sure it's Wu Du? I've gone with Wu Dun as that's his name in the novel and on kongming.net.

Even a nothing special political officer will be of real value in Lu Bu's forces.

The versatile Zhang Chao will be even more valuable, even without anything in the 70s.

I hope you can fix the bug with Yin Li, but if not, could you paste in his biography and give me his traits and such so I can create him too please? This gang should make a real impact on Lu Bu's forces in game. :)
Last edited by Lorric on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Lorric » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:50 pm

I made the three missing ones that Gray Riders had stats for.

I'm really pleased with the way all three of these turned out. Managed to use up 3 unused custom officer pictures and be really happy with all of them. Liu He gets a really nice looking picture for a general of Lu Bu, while Mao Hui and Xu Xi both look nervous about their future after the fall of Lu Bu, in the style that 14 seems to be going with for creating some of these officers, looking how they would at particular times, and not probably when they'd want to have their photos taken for the game. I can imagine some jerk of a time traveller sent to catalogue these people for the game picking these moments on purpose. Mao Hui especially looks like he needs to be given a hug and told he'll be safe. :)

Two flip floppers, so fittingly, one wears the blue of Cao Cao and the other the black of Lu Bu.
Lorric
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms