Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 Announced

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 Announced

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:19 pm

You're ringing a bell, might have been that. :lol:
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:52 am

The series' official facebook page has an update expressing surprise at how many people from outside Japan played the demo despite it only having a Japanese language option.

At least they know there's interest.

I do wonder if the game getting an English release announced so soon (and seems to be getting released almost as soon a the Japanese release) has anything to do with Total War getting the period more attention in English speaking countries?
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:43 am

Gray Riders wrote:I do wonder if the game getting an English release announced so soon (and seems to be getting released almost as soon a the Japanese release) has anything to do with Total War getting the period more attention in English speaking countries?

I think that probably is a factor for sure. I noticed XIII was released in North America over 6 months later than the Japanese release. I'd imagine they're aware of the Total War 3k sales.
I haven't tried the demo myself, but have watched a few on youtube and most of the reactions I've seen from the Japanese gamers have been fairly positive. I definitely think it favors IX more than XI.
“Vision without action is a daydream, action without vision is a nightmare”
-Japanese proverb
Sakae Wu
Master

Unread postby Qin Feng » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 am

Yeah, I think it might have been that. The steam forums for total war three kingdoms were taking about the game. I remember when 13 came out, people didn't know if the west was even getting the game. Hopefully that will inspire them to translate the older games? Sounds unlikely but it would be welcome nonetheless.
Qin Feng
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:34 pm

Yeah, English versions of older games on Steam (preferably with PUK, but that would be more work for them) would be something I'd greatly appreciate. :mrgreen:
I do like the new officers they're going to add in XIV though. Lots of historical people I always used to create as well so far.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:37 pm

According to a twitter update Wen Yang apparently has a unique tactic (an earlier tweet seemed to be saying some unexpected officers would have unique or powerful tactics--the translation for the used word was "cool", but Wen Yang's is being translated as unique). It damages a target and confuses multiple enemies.
His stats are also revealed: 78/91/63/32/65
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms