RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby DangerWorldWide » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:58 am

Is there any good guides for 13?

Also, with created/edited items, is there anyway to "assign" them to officers?
DangerWorldWide
Apprentice

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 am

DangerWorldWide wrote:Is there any good guides for 13?

There is an incomplete event guide but it doesn't include the PUK events and isn't super detailed. Outside of that, you can find informative posts on message boards like the one on Steam for ROTK 13 and threads on Koei Warriors that explain certain aspects of the game. Gamefaqs to a degree as well, although the PC board is dead, you should check the PS board.

But in short, no, this game never quite took off with the English-speaking gamer community enough to garner that sort of interest. You might be better off just asking here, unless it's a really in-depth question. I've put in a good chunk of hours playing this and know a decent amount about the standard gameplay matters. Steam is also not a bad place to ask, although there is some misinformation there posted at times.

Also, with created/edited items, is there anyway to "assign" them to officers?

I think the only way is to make a custom event where the officer receives the item.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 pm

So I may make a free officer guide with were they show up and when with stats.

Was thinking of doing this for myself but may as well share with everyone. Will start it tomorrow morning as my wife and kids keep me busy in the day and morning is my only game time.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:57 pm

TasteKnuckles wrote:So I may make a free officer guide with were they show up and when with stats.

Was thinking of doing this for myself but may as well share with everyone. Will start it tomorrow morning as my wife and kids keep me busy in the day and morning is my only game time.

That sounds like it will take forever :shock:

For what it's worth, I already have an Excel file which contains the various original officer stats - along with some other stuff. I did not include locations and when they come of age, but if you feel like it could be helpful, I can give you a copy.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:41 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
TasteKnuckles wrote:So I may make a free officer guide with were they show up and when with stats.

That sounds like it will take forever :shock:

For what it's worth, I already have an Excel file which contains the various original officer stats - along with some other stuff. I did not include locations and when they come of age, but if you feel like it could be helpful, I can give you a copy.

I started looking a bit today, then I ended up playing a game and getting smoked by Liu Yan. Yes you read that correct. I settled in Shu and he attacked. Didn’t have the resources built up yet to field my whole army and was only able to get 22k fighting off 87k. In the end he lost 66k worth of troops but took me out.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm

So anyone know why Sun Ce is so invincible? I currently own Wu region and He is just outside it and we are neighbors. I sent a force of 90K troops to attack against his 24K. It was like all my officers forgot how to fight suddenly. They all just stood there taking shots from them, and we were meat shields against them who lost less then 1K in men to me losing 90K?

What the heck.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 am

TasteKnuckles wrote:So anyone know why Sun Ce is so invincible? I currently own Wu region and He is just outside it and we are neighbors. I sent a force of 90K troops to attack against his 24K. It was like all my officers forgot how to fight suddenly. They all just stood there taking shots from them, and we were meat shields against them who lost less then 1K in men to me losing 90K?

What the heck.

He's one of those commanders who has the type of strategy where you basically deploy him alone into a mob, trigger it, and watch everything get obliterated. Those strategies (usually stuff that locks your morale and gives you I think either combo or desperation or cleave, which all can do HEAVY damage) can be very situational in their usefulness, so you won't necessarily wreck face every single time you fire it up, but when used correctly, yes it will be a massacre of the sort of proportions that you described. Since his morale is locked, your units' attacks are ineffectual, but since his strategy triggers at least two of those heavy damage effects above, your units will take heavy damage, which drains their morale, which increases the damage.

Most but not all of the heavy hitter generals have one of these strategies, so when you face them, you have to watch out for them, like have your troops retreat if some badass general runs into your mob and activates it.

The strategies in this game can be really, really OP and cheesy as hell. For instance, if you want to blow through 90% of the battles, get someone with a strategist strategy like Crafty Ploy. Then send your mob into their mob and trigger it. Although there are a few scenarios where this doesn't work (like when Sun Ce has activated his own), most of the time the enemy units will essentially vanish in seconds, because those strategies heavily reduce enemy morale. Enemy unit defense plummets to ***1*** and you start dealing damage in the several thousands per second.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Trying a new approach. I’ve gone around him and invaded Jing province. Taking out Liu Biao for the land and talent while negotiating peace with Sun Ce. Much easier target.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Qin Feng » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 pm

I finally unified China as Cao Cao. It was a real pain in the ass at first with Yuan Shao on the move, but thankfully Cao Cao is overpowered and conquered Yuan Shao after Guan Du without much opposition. The best was the battle of Changban, when all of Liu Biao's big and rich territory went into my hands. It was smooth sailing after that.

I want to try this time as Liu Bei or something, but I fear he might be too difficult with the whole "start next to Cao Cao or have 2 officers" problem.
Qin Feng
Initiate

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Qin Feng wrote:I finally unified China as Cao Cao. It was a real pain in the ass at first with Yuan Shao on the move, but thankfully Cao Cao is overpowered and conquered Yuan Shao after Guan Du without much opposition. The best was the battle of Changban, when all of Liu Biao's big and rich territory went into my hands. It was smooth sailing after that.

I want to try this time as Liu Bei or something, but I fear he might be too difficult with the whole "start next to Cao Cao or have 2 officers" problem.

It sounds like you are playing with events on. With those, Liu Bei is clear sailing until Cao Cao gets Jing. I actually spent all of my time until 201 having Liu Bei just keep mentor dueling his two bros to build himself up. I forget how I set it up exactly, but Liu Bei got pretty beefy.

(Edit: I think the way I set it up was I let Guan Yu govern Pingyuan and then assisted people with tasks to trigger interest. Later I was beefy enough to win duels regularly and that would usually trigger interest by itself, so I didn't develop my later cities until I was in Xinye. But this was in the vanilla version of the game.)

One thing to look out for is the event chain breaking. If it breaks at the wrong time you are toast. If you want to avoid that danger, just find a way to break the event chain after you acquire Tao Qian's holdings, when either Lu Bu or Cao Cao is vulnerable, that is when Liu Bei is at his prime.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms