Funny moments in RTK

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Funny moments in RTK

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Releasing prisoners just to get compliments on the way you rule.

"You truly are a magnanimous sovereign. . . "

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Funny moments in RTK XI

Unread postby KnowthyEnemy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:49 pm

ZhangRen wrote:When I was playing as Liu Bei in Liu Bei In Shu, I attacked Han Zhong (under Cao Cao's control), which had around 45,000 troops, but when It came to the fighting all they had were swords and even a transport unit was sent out to fight me as well, the unit was destroyed instantly...

Lol i can relate to that first time playing this game.
I skipped the tutorial, and i thought i could interpret the VII game to the RoTK XI.
Turns out, i am wrong. In VII the damage your unit gives and takes only factor WAR and drilling.
Dumb me, i drilled my troops to 100 and lead out Zhang Fei and Guan Yu with 5000 troops each (swords).
They (obviously) decimated.
I was like WTF!?!!
so i played the tutorial :P.
KnowthyEnemy
Tyro

Unread postby Embrace Your Demise » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Swords are like ridiculously weak in the game, I've seen some people like Sima Yi and Lu Bu have cities with 150,000 troops in it and not doing anything then wonder why they aren't attacking and check their city and they have no weapons and its easy to wipe them out with like 20,000 armed troops :D
But its also kinda fun when they have full weapons too for all them and makes battles harder and more interesting.
Embrace Your Demise
Initiate

Unread postby StreetPizza » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 am

Starscream wrote:I can't remember the exact words but setting up a debate between Zhang Fei and Lu Bu was especially hilarious in RTK 10. :lol:

When characters with above average intelligence debate, they will use eloquent words. Whereas for people like Lu Bu, they will either laugh in your face, grind their teeth, or shout something not too polite on the philosophical bridge.

So after many rounds of finger pointing and yelling, one of them finally fell off the bridge. I could almost imagine the next scene to be, "See you on horseback!"

Yes! Those were always high points for me in 10, and if I recall correctly, Zhang Fei's debate intro dialogue is "Enough talk! Let's fight--er, I mean, talk! Some more!" or something along that line. Good times.

Speaking of funny things in 10, I will never forget this one time when, somewhere in the southwestern jungles, I intercepted an enemy two-unit base construction troop led by Liu Fu. Naturally, I decided to stop him with the five-ish units I had myself. Now, this being the jungle and all, the first thing I did is stick all of my soldiers in ambush position--cheap, I know, but I don't care. And then, as soon as my last unit disappeared from his view, ol' Fu-Fu just did the weirdest thing--he lit his ally, who was next to him, on fire. I don't know why in hell he would do that, but he lit his buddy on fire. Maybe he thought one of my ambush units was hidden in his ally's square? Maybe he was trying to defect? Maybe he just went off the deep end? The world may never know. (dun dun duuun)
StreetPizza
Tyro

Re: Funny moments in RTK XI

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Human5 wrote:
Xia Kyoto wrote:Haha, sometimes I find it rather odd that only historical exceptional warriors can wield items, instead of created ones.

It's possible for my created character to wield one, because I have the ROTK Trainer.

Wait can someone tell me what the ROTK Trainer is and where to get it?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

I always loved bantering between rivals in RTK VIII. Especially when the rivalry was totally lopsided. I played as my created officer with baseline stats of 90 war, 100 int, 7 skills, and a few good tactics as a general under Cao Cao a few times, and for some reason, Man Chong always deemed me his rival. He's a respectable officer, but it was never really a match. Despite that, he still was quite the trash talker :lol: .
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby therob » Mon May 12, 2014 2:46 pm

one time, i executed zhang bao and he said that his father would avenge him...except his dad was dead, too.

and one thing that i always thought was funny in rtk 3 was how you could turn on your allies while helping them in a joint attack.

edit: i just won a debate in rtk xi with sophistry as my last move, so it was almost like i confused him so bad that he fell.
therob
Apprentice

Unread postby Live Bait » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm playing one of my created officers during the 194 scenario in X and Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shao are going at it for years. Gongsun Zan loses Xiang Ping to bandits so it's pretty clear his time is almost over and I'm going to have a Yuan Shao problem on top of my Cao Cao problem. So Yuan Shao finally prevails and and then dies shortly after only to be succeeded by Gongsun Zan.
Live Bait
Tyro

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms