Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 am

A good beginner leader is Yuan Shao in 194. He has a ton of good officers and weak opponents. It shouldn't be too hard to defeat Gongsun Zan and you can probably get Zhao Yun afterwards. Uniting the north shouldn't be too tough at that point, after that the only person who should grow enough to be a problem is Cao Cao and if you are luckly Lu Bu delayed him long enough for you to get a good head start :D
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:01 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Whaaaaaaa Liu Bei shouldn't be too hard. Build a band camp at the best possible choke point and deploy Guan Yu and Zhang Fei with spears. Their Rush tactic will stun enemy units, allowing other units to pummel them with normal attacks. You should be able to wipe the floor with Yuan Shu unless he has gotten *too* strong.

Also I think a good approach for Liu Bei in 194 is to break off the alliance with Tao Qian and attack him. Most of the officers love you and Xiapi is much more defensible.

That sounds about right, he is weaker than I am and could provide me with more men to throw at yuan shu. For now I'll see how the events develop. All that I've been doing is building markets and farms to get some economic base, but if I'm honest I don't know what I am doing :lol:
Qin Feng
Tyro

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 am

Qin Feng wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:Whaaaaaaa Liu Bei shouldn't be too hard. Build a band camp at the best possible choke point and deploy Guan Yu and Zhang Fei with spears. Their Rush tactic will stun enemy units, allowing other units to pummel them with normal attacks. You should be able to wipe the floor with Yuan Shu unless he has gotten *too* strong.

Also I think a good approach for Liu Bei in 194 is to break off the alliance with Tao Qian and attack him. Most of the officers love you and Xiapi is much more defensible.

That sounds about right, he is weaker than I am and could provide me with more men to throw at yuan shu. For now I'll see how the events develop. All that I've been doing is building markets and farms to get some economic base, but if I'm honest I don't know what I am doing :lol:

Have you done the tutorial? That helps with the basics, and reading through this thread helped me a lot personally. :)

Officer count is key in XI imo, you can build up cities fast and also recruit and build armaments much quicker.
The peach bros could wreck TQ by themselves probably. Plus, Xia Pi being a large city is a good money maker and you'll double your officer count with Chen Deng being a nice addition. With him, you'll have an easier time doing strategies.

It might take a few playthroughs to get the hang of it, but I think it's one of the better Romance games out there.
Good luck!
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 am

Heck you could even take Xiapi and then abandon Xiaopei entirely, it is not an easy city to hold in XI. But from Xiapi, you have a killer choke point in that pass between Xiapi and Xiaopei where you can lock everything thrown at you down with a small amount of troops. Just be sure to keep things swell with whoever owns Beihai until you are ready to start attacking.

Also don't forget that Xiapi gives you back door access to Wu and Jianye down south, the Peach Bros are pretty decent on the water since they often join in on each other's attacks.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms