Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby yeoliji » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Just wanted to share my experience with ZyZyfers Rise of Heroes X. Playing Advanced / No Battle Deaths (I chose no battle deaths mainly because I think its a waste to see officers die and i dont see any sense on revamping the officer line up in this scenario just to see them die on a single onslaught)

I currently am playing as Zhang Xiu (which is pretty crazy as everyone knows). The changes on their respective locations affected the A.I. in a good way not that they became better but so far they became less retarded. Liu Biao is holding up really well and was able to expand. And with a lot of officers revamped. He was able to defend himself nicely and not to mention pester the big forces on some occasions.

Guanqui Jian (Did I spell right?) is doing ok. He is holding up, though he has problems expanding as the closest castle to him is Xin Ye which is always a target for either Cao Cao or Liu Biao. And most of battles he would need to make asude from that would be Naval. It somehow gave me a thought of him being in Ping Yuan though maybe Yuan Shao will crush him right away.

Swapping He Jin and Sima Yi is interesting. Sima Yi became aggressive and took down Dong Zhuo and Hansui in a breeze. He almost got Han Zhong if only I was not there (Mainly because its a must IMO if u play Zhang Xiu on Advanced)

He Jin put up quite a fight with Cao Cao.. He attacked Xu Chang early which is brave and it was fun to watch.

Sun Jian did well. He expanded pretty nicely. Claiming his original base (Chai Sang) and then heading south to expand.

Liu Bei on the other hand, after crushing Deng Ai, he has been pretty silent. Though he building up his troops (which is pretty normal) its very different from the agressive style I got used to from previous playthroughs.

The rest are pretty normal. Lu Bu making a mess with his neighbors, Gongsun Zan / Yuan Shao fighting for the north etc.
yeoliji
Tyro

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:48 pm

yeoliji wrote:Just wanted to share my experience with ZyZyfers Rise of Heroes X. Playing Advanced / No Battle Deaths (I chose no battle deaths mainly because I think its a waste to see officers die and i dont see any sense on revamping the officer line up in this scenario just to see them die on a single onslaught)

I currently am playing as Zhang Xiu (which is pretty crazy as everyone knows). The changes on their respective locations affected the A.I. in a good way not that they became better but so far they became less retarded. Liu Biao is holding up really well and was able to expand. And with a lot of officers revamped. He was able to defend himself nicely and not to mention pester the big forces on some occasions.

Guanqui Jian (Did I spell right?) is doing ok. He is holding up, though he has problems expanding as the closest castle to him is Xin Ye which is always a target for either Cao Cao or Liu Biao. And most of battles he would need to make asude from that would be Naval. It somehow gave me a thought of him being in Ping Yuan though maybe Yuan Shao will crush him right away.

Swapping He Jin and Sima Yi is interesting. Sima Yi became aggressive and took down Dong Zhuo and Hansui in a breeze. He almost got Han Zhong if only I was not there (Mainly because its a must IMO if u play Zhang Xiu on Advanced)

He Jin put up quite a fight with Cao Cao.. He attacked Xu Chang early which is brave and it was fun to watch.

Sun Jian did well. He expanded pretty nicely. Claiming his original base (Chai Sang) and then heading south to expand.

Liu Bei on the other hand, after crushing Deng Ai, he has been pretty silent. Though he building up his troops (which is pretty normal) its very different from the agressive style I got used to from previous playthroughs.

The rest are pretty normal. Lu Bu making a mess with his neighbors, Gongsun Zan / Yuan Shao fighting for the north etc.

That sounds pretty fun, I'm curious how it will turn out. I haven't tried Zhang Xiu in 11, do you abandon Wan for Shang Yong and Han Zhong? I imagine it's a rough start, but having Jia Xu is a huge plus at least.
Sakae Wu
Initiate

Unread postby yeoliji » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 am

@Sakae Wu

The way I do it on my play is to search and employ the decent officer's first in Wan (If lucky it can be finished in 3 months or less) then send out one officer (1k troop in transport mode) in Xin Ye to claim it and then do the same to it (It will be faster now since you have at least an extra officer obtained in Wan).Then usually around the 6th month or right at the moment the A.I. declares an attack I head over and take Shang Yong and take it. If lucky, Zhang Lu won't attack early. Worse case is he attacks right away and you will have to do a bit of defending. It will be up to the player how you will take Han Zhong but it's very doable with careful planning. Its fun actually, and yes Jia Xu's intelligence combined with Zou Shi's charisma is vital.

Well on my save file right now, The Sun Family is dominating the board. 14 cities I think, Me 12, Liu Bei 4, Cao Cao 5 Zhang Jiao 6? (I lost count) and Gongsun Du (I was surprised with it to be honest) still holding up with 3 I think. It was a really new experience and I had a lot of fun with it.
yeoliji
Tyro

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Ah, Xin Ye is vacant too. it's been awhile since I tried that scenario, couldn't remember the layout.

Glad to hear Sun Jian is doing well, on my PS he would crush Yuan Shu in Lu Jiang early but just putz around after that.
And the Gongsta kicking some butt in the north? Surprises like that make the game worth playing imo.

Good luck the rest of the way!
Sakae Wu
Initiate

Unread postby foosoomin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 am

Using Fa Zheng (replaced Wang Lang) as ruler in Rival Warlord scenario.

Set all force no more alliance

Set all forces Hostile

Set all force no Technique Skill

Set all officers no more sworn siblings

I managed to wipe out Yan Baihu & Liu Yao force

Tao Qian wiped out Liu Bei force, this is the 1st time i see Tao Qian so strong

I have being fighting with Sun Ce very frequently now

Game now is close to 2 years already, only have 3 cities

Have employed Yan Yu twice, but betrayed me to join Sun Ce twice too

Lu Bu force is being attack by Cao Cao force now, Cao Cao will wipe Lu Bu out soon, cos Lu Bu is fighting Yuan Shao now

Quite a challenging scenario
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:31 pm

foosoomin wrote:Using Fa Zheng (replaced Wang Lang) as ruler in Rival Warlord scenario.

Set all force no more alliance

Set all forces Hostile

Set all force no Technique Skill

Set all officers no more sworn siblings

It does sound pretty challenging. I like the idea of removing alliances especially on that scenario where Cao Cao and Yuan Shao seem to bully everyone else.
I was curious why you removed the Techs though? I would think that might hurt the Ma clan and Zan more than the rest.
I'm guessing you already recruited Taishi Ci, if you can beat Sun Ce you should be in a good position I think.
Good luck!
Sakae Wu
Initiate

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am

Sakae Wu wrote:I was curious why you removed the Techs though? I would think that might hurt the Ma clan and Zan more than the rest.
I'm guessing you already recruited Taishi Ci, if you can beat Sun Ce you should be in a good position I think.
Good luck!

I removed the Techs is to give everyone a fair game.

I have recruited Taishi Ci, few turns after wiping out Liu Yao force

Yesterday evening i finally wiped out Sun Ce force, though i lost a lot of soldiers (troops).....It was really a very long & huge battle

Lu Bu force was wiped out by Cao Cao force, i managed to employ Lu Bu...

Then i modified Diao Chan to work with Zhang Lu force, as she becomes Free Officer in Han Zhong city.....

I also employed Guan Yu & Zhang Fei, after Liu Bei force was wiped out by Tao Qian force

Will slowly recover the losses from battling with Sun Ce force....Just captured Lu Jiang city, gonna slowly build up, then fight Liu Biao & Yuan Shu, who are just next to me only
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:14 am

Sakae Wu wrote:
It does sound pretty challenging. I like the idea of removing alliances especially on that scenario where Cao Cao and Yuan Shao seem to bully everyone else.

I prefer to play with no alliance, because every force will fight it out.

With stronger force, the ruler will keep promoting, thus their officers will keep on promoting too, for being able to command more soldiers (troops) too.

I also set all their diplomatic relationship to Hostile, because if you become strong, certain forces will ceasefire for 2 years, joint up to attack you. I don't like this.

I prefer all forces fight it out.....Let them become strong....Then you will fight with strong forces
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 pm

foosoomin wrote:

I prefer to play with no alliance, because every force will fight it out.

With stronger force, the ruler will keep promoting, thus their officers will keep on promoting too, for being able to command more soldiers (troops) too.

I also set all their diplomatic relationship to Hostile, because if you become strong, certain forces will ceasefire for 2 years, joint up to attack you. I don't like this.

I prefer all forces fight it out.....Let them become strong....Then you will fight with strong forces

I'm the same way, I don't like when they call a ceasefire and target just your force, unless they really wouldn't have a chance otherwise, but sometimes I've seen them do that in the middle of fighting each other, and even worse when one force just gives up and joins another one, I've seen Sima Yi submit and join the Yellow Turbans, I'd rather just have everyone fight it out and end up facing a much stronger force later in the game, then to face 2-3 weaker ones, since I'd rather have the mid-end game more challenging/difficult.
Valvatorez
Master

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 am

Valvatorez wrote:
I'm the same way, I don't like when they call a ceasefire and target just your force, unless they really wouldn't have a chance otherwise, but sometimes I've seen them do that in the middle of fighting each other, and even worse when one force just gives up and joins another one, I've seen Sima Yi submit and join the Yellow Turbans, I'd rather just have everyone fight it out and end up facing a much stronger force later in the game, then to face 2-3 weaker ones, since I'd rather have the mid-end game more challenging/difficult.

yeah man,

Sometimes they fighting halfway, then either ceasefire or give up force, just to fight you.

When one force gives up, all the officers loyalty will become 255

When several force ceasefire to attack you, their TP value, gold, food, arnaments, troops increased. Their officers loyalty becomes 100 too

All in all, not fair to human players too
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms