Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 am

Lady Wu wrote:But I had forgotten the duels could be fun. Have been playing with auto-duel for years now. Maybe it's time to switch back.

Auto-duel is for that nostalgia ROTK 9 feeling, where you just get to watch and pray. That does produce some of the most exciting moments, like when your underdog officer actually manages to come through and win a big fight. But I think doing it yourself is just too engrossing.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 pm

CaTigeReptile wrote:
Foosoomin: Sorry, I have no experience with that. Is it causing gameplay issues?

It is said all Deng's character will crash the game, when you attempt to march them as unit
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 am

CaTigeReptile, it doesn't seem like the AI will accept most times unless they think they can win, you have way way more troops than they do, hide behind a weakling in the same unit to fool them, or they are named Lu Bu. Poor Gongsun Du looks like he's barely hanging on from that pic since his hp is almost gone and he's all red and beat up :mrgreen:

And because no one else will and I'm bored:

foosoomin wrote:has anyone thought of making ruler Zhang Jiao stronger ?

I did make him a lot stronger, he still didn't do anything useful in any of the games.

foosoomin wrote:Hi all,

i noticed Storm of Chaos scenario, Emperor Xian is at Luo Yang city, occupy by Zhang Jiao of Yellow Turban force, with Emperor title.

I also noticed Zhang Jiao court importance is "Ignore"

What will happen if Zhang Jiao occupy 24 cities, will the Emperor say anything ?

He probably won't say anything because doesn't teh Yellow Turban force rank (like Wei, Wu, Shu, and any others) already count in the game as being an Emperor? So I don't think you'd get the cutscene, but I'm not sure.

foosoomin wrote:hi all, the ghost character...

Where can we find it in the game file ?

Please advice

What's this, do you mean the npcs or the hidden parents/grandparents of some characters?

foosoomin wrote:Has anyone tried placing Emperor in Luo Yang, you set yourself as Emperor in Luo Yang.

What is the game effect ?

This doesn't seem to do anything, seems same as not having any emperor.

foosoomin wrote:in this game, why is Zhang Jiao unable to pair up with officers, even with his younger brothers...to march as units with better stats

In the end, i have to "cheat" on the game, making the 3 brothers sworn brothers too

Is there something wrong with the game, on Zhang Jiao ?

It might have something to do with the Yellow Turban Force, try giving them a different force rank?

Chiang Tzu-Ya wrote:Question...in the English PC version (no PUK), where do items come from? I know some start with their traditional keepers like the Crescent Halberd etc...but how are the rest found?

I know in some earlier games it was via Search, but I've never found an item this way.

Some are found randomly by searching, one time my force was so poor I had to search for coins, after about a hundred times of searching and getting a little bit of coins every turn, someone managed to find a Bow, so the success rate seems pretty bad at times and the AI is better at finding them. For some reason I remember on the ps2 game that Ahui Nan had about 60 horses he was carrying around. And then there's other items like the Imperial Seal (I destroyed a Shrine accidentally by attacking someone else with a catapult and got this once) Bronze Pheasant (Ye) that can only be found in certain ways. You also can make a bunch of new items as well for people to use/find if you know how to edit.

foosoomin wrote:Hi all,

There's once i try play Liu Shan in the original Nanman Rebellion scenario.

Once the game start, i immediately march officer Deng Zhi.

The game does not crash though.

However, the flag is white in colour, no name

Can anyone explain what is this about

All 6 of those character's slots have messed up flags, mine never crashes even though I haven't moved them, but their flags are always messed up, if it doesn't cause the game to crash, just ignore it I guess.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am

The "Deng" flag doesn't always crash the game.
I really wonder how they messed it up though, since in the original Japanese version + PUK, the flag is displayed correctly. Or was that issue maybe fixed by the PUK?
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 am

I never had a problem with those officers myself, (its white and messed up, but doesn't cause any other problems) only have had very rare crashes, but that's not even an issue in the puk at all, those 6 work ok, or the flag is just fixed?
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Valvatorez wrote:I never had a problem with those officers myself, (its white and messed up, but doesn't cause any other problems) only have had very rare crashes, but that's not even an issue in the puk at all, those 6 work ok, or the flag is just fixed?

The glitch was, as far as I know, only in the english PC version, so if you're using the PUK you won't see it.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Nah I only have the English version, the flag is borked, but no crash when using them. Seeing your post about the AI finding most of the items made me think of something I never paid attention to, does the AI actually use up their extra AP every turn making characters do searches and other things? Or does it just know when there's an item there, or if it's totally random in how the AI finds items. I saw Liu Chan being used by the AI to spend 100 days making a Ram, so I'm not sure how the AI uses their AP, or if it uses their extra ones at all, since most of the rare random times I jumped into using an AI force, they mostly had 255 AP.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 am

Valvatorez wrote:And then there's other items like the Imperial Seal (I destroyed a Shrine accidentally by attacking someone else with a catapult and got this once) Bronze Pheasant (Ye) that can only be found in certain ways.

How is the Imperial Seal found in the vanilla English PC version? I've only acquired it by killing Yuan Shu in the scenario where he declares himself Emperor.

In fact, I've never even seen the thing outside of that scenario.
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Apprentice

Unread postby Valvatorez » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 am

I've only found it twice I believe, from destroying the Shrines you can find on the map. One was way in the southern part of the map near Yun Nan, right where the path splits to the south between the forest and poison, that leads to the right side of the city where they can build facilities, I accidentally attacked the shrine with a catapult and got the item. Guan Yu said he found the Imperial Seal and gave it to me. But I believe the Shrines are always random in which one actually appears on the map in each game, so while there is a lot of them that can be on the map, not all of them are actually there, and an officer needs certain amount of deeds, and maybe stats to actually find one. Then it seems totally random what happens when you actually destroy it. I've had nothing happen, Zou Ci cursed the ruler and made him weakened, and stuff like that, so it's not easy to find that way. The 2nd time I think I found it by searching in Luo Yang, but that's only in the early scenarios I think.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Interesting. I assume shrines are hidden somehow, because I don't see a single one on my map.

So I started just willy-nilly searching every turn for a while...found one item, and also found Mi Heng in XiaPi who challenged me to a a Debate. Shockingly I lost it though even with a much superior officer.

Is there a list of possible outcomes for searching?
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms