RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 am

I've seen some posts saying it has framerate and crashing problems in the Traditional Chinese version but improves the game quite a bit. I'll wait and watch, for now.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:05 am

They didn't give enough of a damn about Chinese release apparently.
I also heard that the PUK broke a lot of the DLC Hero Modes.

Hopefully they comb through the problems in English Version.
No reason to suffer through all this.
I don't recall my English version to have serious issues except for translation errors that were never fixed.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:57 am

Yeah, most negative voices I hear are about the game crashing and not working properly rather than the new content.
I'd really just wait a week or two and then most crash issues should be fixed.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Does anyone know what the M and L ship boosts do? Even just S seems to let me deploy every ship from that city. Is it just a way of letting cities grab that tech at higher culture levels?
Edit: Playing as Sun Ce; a little surprised there doesn't seem to be a marriage event for the Qiao sisters.

Annoyingly, I almost had Lu Meng by taking Shou Chun, but than the event plopped Liu Bei down in Ru Nan so I can't hire him. :rangry:

Sadly Yuan Yao got killed by me during battle so Yuan Shu and the others hate me now. I let them go after destroyign his force; the rest of his officers (as well as some ex Lu Bu guys running around) were rapidly recruited by my men. I love him competent governors are in this game..

Edit2: Lu Meng joined Liu Bei but Zhou Yu was able to get him back on the right side.

Meanwhile Cao Cao sends a big portion of his army to fight Yuan Shao. Should would be a shame if someone attacked Xu Chang while his armies were off. Quite a shame, indeed.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Drakken » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Features in that PUK are fairly complex, especially with the Fame system. Even I have trouble understand some of them, and I am pretty used to playing Japanese versions of KOEI games.

I have the ROTK 13 PUK Manual unlocked in PDF, if someone wants to translate it for English users.
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:44 pm

A quick question about the PUK; as a ruler, can you move officers or food/gold while deployed now? Not being able to do it makes running a campaign while actively participating annoying.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 am

Gray Riders wrote:A quick question about the PUK; as a ruler, can you move officers or food/gold while deployed now? Not being able to do it makes running a campaign while actively participating annoying.

What are you saying? All this is possible as a ruler even without PUK.
You can easily transfer and reassign officers on the go.
Did you try clicking through the City menu while you're not in town?
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Yeah if it's the normal game and not Hero Mode and you're ruler/viceroy, you can always move officers and supplies around.

I am curious about the ship boost (and siege boost) now, I just assumed they did something without looking into it more deeply. I do know that siege equipment seems pretty useless and never really benefits from the tech boosts...I suppose it would be worth messing around with. I do know that various values are basically halved for like no reason, plus also there is no real way to tell what level your siege equipment and boats are, huh?

re: PUK - Also in the wait and see camp...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Okay, I found it. This whole time I thought you could ONLY move things in the council. :lol:

This game's even worse than SOI in terms of not fully explaining things, though, like some of the technology effects.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 am

Gray Riders wrote:This game's even worse than SOI in terms of not fully explaining things, though, like some of the technology effects.

Yep. You get thrown in the deep end following the tutorial portion of the Hero Mode. I've logged hundreds of hours now and yet still there are things I haven't worked out.

Edit: So......tech stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I gather:

- siege and troop cost reduction tech appear to have no effect???
- siege weapon level boost appears to only boost the durability of catapults and siege towers (and assuming battering rams), have seen it in a 300-900 range in the same battle, but this does not become apparent unless you build the siege equipment in battle
- it's unclear to me if the pop boost tech ends up giving you more troops or not, since it's usually tied in with sentiment boost which has an obvious effect on recruitment

Still have yet to check ships tech effect, if any aside from the most obvious. And I wonder if castle weapon tech is like the siege boost, where it just increases their eggshell durability. Also it's worth noting that I had two guys from the same city with siege boost tech build a catapult, one had 300 DUR and the other had 540... :?

Anyone with different findings? Honestly I've never looked too deeply into these since siege equipment is so useless in this game.

Edit 2: OK troop discount works but it's not apparent unless you do the math, it goes from 1000 troops costing 100 gold for heavy and 200 gold for elite stuff, to 50 gold and 100 gold respectively with the large (L) reduction. Going to assume a similar reduction is applied to siege stuff for that tech. I don't know why Koei couldn't incorporate that into the menus...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms