MBTI

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re:

Unread postby Harimau » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am

robbyjo wrote:Seven at One Stroke,

Well IIRC MBTI is well known in business world. It was rumoured that it was also being used for soldier placement for the US in WW2. I guess, it works...

As for the enneagram, here is the actual test:
http://9types.com/newtest/homepage.actual.html

My best 3-type is 8-1-3 (Leader-Reformer-Motivator).

-- Rob

At least two of the four biggest retail banks here in Oz actually makes all employees (current and prospective) take the MBTI test before and during employment. They take it rather seriously, surprisingly enough.

I did the test five years ago, and got a rather solid INTJ.

But I just redid the test, and got INTP instead. Maybe i'm getting mellow in my old age. =P
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Re: MBTI

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 pm

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

I've always been graded as an INTJ. Every Meyers-Briggs test I've taken has put me in this category and personally I believe it fits -- if not definitively for the most part. The quote above describes quite a bit about my personality. :D

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: MBTI

Unread postby TigerGeneral6 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 am

I do love these little evaluations :mrgreen:

I scored as a ENTP. Although my Extrovert/Introvert was hovering at 50-50, which i believe to be correct. Very strong on the Intuition aspect, decent margin classing me a Thinker and pretty close on Judgemental/Perception, Perception clinches it though. The test seems very accurate personally, its the first Myers-Briggs test ive ever done.

Are there any other such tests, ranging from anything really, poltical standpoints etc. Im very open minded and can find it a little tricky when deciding where exactly I stand ( if that even makes sense ), these evauluations basically do my job for me ahaa. Also, in political context these tests save time delving into the mires of politics and important and irrelevant issues to judge where excatly you stand, by practically doing it for you with a range of short,simple questions. I reckon this, almost indecisivness and laziness is just me but still. I seem to have blathered somewhat :roll: :mrgreen:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Fear Denies Faith
TigerGeneral6
Assistant

Previous

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy