Scientific Questions Thread

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: Scientific Questions Thread

Unread postby Korin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Ancient Aliens is good show that has what-if stuff and possibility that we had alien contact back in the past, you have to watch the movie too to understand the show, so yeah.

No you can't deny it, because you don't know anything yet because in the future we will know more...

Whatever, I believe what I believe, I'm not arguing anymore.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Korin wrote:Ancient Aliens is good show that has what-if stuff and possibility that we had alien contact back in the past, you have to watch the movie too to understand the show, so yeah.

No you can't deny it, because you don't know anything yet because in the future we will know more...

It's not, and you've been given proof of that. I can deny it because I don't accept things which haven't occurred and theres no factual basis to beleive they will. I took a gander over at the CHF forum and noticed the multiple threads of 'ancient alien' threads turned out there pretty much like they have here. At least on this forum you've acknowledged there is no evidence supporting your theory/predictions.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:33 am

Korin wrote:You can't deny that humans one day will become alien hyrbids known to mankind, the evidence will pour out, I will stop now as this is not the right person to be talking it with.

So what is an alien hybrid human? And how did you come to believe we will one day become it?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Korin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 am

I believe some humans are alien-hybrids because they too smart and too awkward for this world. But one day, this number will rise an the hybrids will take over.

I also heavily disagree that humans are closely related to Neanderthals since they were stupid with their big brains, and so dumb they got themselves extinct. But who knows, since modern day humans are just as dumb as Neanderthals. (the one who blindly follow the government/media/society)
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:38 am

Korin wrote:I believe some humans are alien-hybrids because they too smart and too awkward for this world. But one day, this number will rise an the hybrids will take over.

Aren't there more rational explanations for intelligent and socially awkward individuals than infusion with alien DNA?

I also heavily disagree that humans are closely related to Neanderthals since they were stupid with their big brains, and so dumb they got themselves extinct. But who knows, since modern day humans are just as dumb as Neanderthals. (the one who blindly follow the government/media/society)

I'm not sure either group is/was stupid, or that Neanderthals were in any way responsible for their own decline.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 am

In Futurama, they said that Leonardo Da Vicni was a alien, and I thought thas funny because on his home planet, Da Vinci. He was the dumbest person on his planet. But yet a smart person on Earth, this is what I think of people who are heavily smart today or the past, but seriously there may be another explanations for smart people, but I don't know since I find alien life fascinating.

Neanderthals were dumb enough that they got themselves extinct because they probably did something wrong, hence that's why they don't exist anymore. The real ones anyways, not wannabe humans who act Neanderthal-ic.

edit: When I mean smart, I mean over 200 IQ
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 am

Korin wrote: but seriously there may be another explanations for smart people, but I don't know since I find alien life fascinating.

I'm quite aware you find alien life fascinating, but that doesn't mean its either the more reasonable or plausible answer to the existence of intelligent and socially awkward individuals.

Neanderthals were dumb enough that they got themselves extinct because they probably did something wrong, hence that's why they don't exist anymore.

None of the existing hypothesis about Neanderthals extinction involve them doing something wrong (in the sense that they were dumb). Most involve fighting over resources, failure to adapt to climate change, and being killed.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aygor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am

Korin wrote:but seriously there may be another explanations for smart people, but I don't know since I find alien life fascinating.

Smart people are just people who are smart. Maybe not as exciting as science fiction, but that's reality.

Korin wrote:Neanderthals were dumb enough that they got themselves extinct

Neanderthals were stronger and likely smarter than sapiens.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Korin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm

suke,

Extraterrestrial life is interesting, I hate shows like X-Files because they support false claims even tho it's a tv drama, but still... Ancient Aliens may have acting in it, but do you think they support fake stuff like the greys? NO, Aliens I think are like Lrrr from Futurama, etc. They were dumb enough to fail to the climate change, homo sapiens did this an that and survived. But humans are still dumb enough to do wars like 'the resource war' - wtf?

Ayg,

I will stop with the comparing with smart people/aliens. But I don't believe how Neanderthals are smarter just because they bigger brains, bigger brains dont mean shit, usually the other way around. Brain size doesn't mean anything, and Ithink the thals got a rep of being dumb, IIRC. I agree with stronger, but not smarter-because brawn doesn't make people smart, this is what I heavily disagree you with about the smart part.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Korin wrote:suke,

Extraterrestrial life is interesting,

I agree, especially because it is entirely speculative and fiction.

I hate shows like X-Files because they support false claims even tho it's a tv drama, but still... Ancient Aliens may have acting in it, but do you think they support fake stuff like the greys? NO, Aliens I think are like Lrrr from Futurama, etc.

Yes, I think Ancient Aliens is entirely about fake stuff. Aliens are entirely 'fake stuff'. We have no evidence of their existence so they any representation of them on any program is speculation and fiction. Greys, Greens, whatever representation you like are all the same.

They were dumb enough to fail to the climate change, homo sapiens did this an that and survived. But humans are still dumb enough to do wars like 'the resource war' - wtf?

Again, no one 'fails to the climate change'. Especially if that is not the case at all. You really need to stop assuming all creatures who die out are 'dumb'.

I will stop with the comparing with smart people/aliens. But I don't believe how Neanderthals are smarter just because they bigger brains, bigger brains dont mean shit, usually the other way around. Brain size doesn't mean anything, and Ithink the thals got a rep of being dumb, IIRC. I agree with stronger, but not smarter-because brawn doesn't make people smart, this is what I heavily disagree you with about the smart part.

I've yet to see you advance an ounce of evidence supporting any of your claims, be it that Neaderthals were stupid or anything else.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy