Do you believe in God?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Do you believe in God?

Yes
49%
No
35%
Other
16%

Total votes : 494

Re: Do you believe in God?

Unread postby Korin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am

You obviously don't understand what I meant, he joined up just to make that COMMENT-not even to make a back-up statement of why he said that, until he replies back, I'm calling it a troll comment...

I'm also not proving/disproving about the Gods, I was just saying that humans can't know this information because we don't have that power to know, so humans can't judge if Gods exist or not because we don't have that knowledge to know a God exists or not. Please read my posts before you reply.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am

You merely just backed up my point!! Nobody has given you the right to dismiss the opinion of anybody here as a Troll comment, that is completely rude and insulting!! What he stated is true, there is no evidence or proof thus he doesn't have belief!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Aygor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:39 am

Korin wrote:Still--to join up just to say that? That's just sad. Sounds like a troll post... LMFAO - waiting for a reply from that user.*

I also don't see that as insulting, wow. I was just saying cause that person JOINED literally to say that, extremely weird.*

* refresh to see edited post before you reply.

edit to add something: Reason why I called the user "Ignorant" was because they didn't have any backed up sources, they just randomly said that--if they had reasons why they said that than different story, you obviously don't know understand what Ignorant means, it means lack of knowledge of a subject, not stupid. So therefore, not a insult.

He is welcome to join and share his opinions whether you second them or not.
There is no need to back logic up with sources.
Your attitude and not the word "ignorant" was insulting, as insulting is mockingly pointing at the meaning of the word "ignorant".
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Korin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 am

I would've been fine with his opinions if he backed it up with more information than just a two liner or so. BTW I took it as a troll comment because that's all he said--nothing else, it sounded like some stubborn apatheiest/atheist that made that post.

I'm still waiting for his reply -- because it's very awkward to just say that and disappear from the forum, so please sir if you read this-please explain why you said that, as I don't understand why you did. People have their opinions, but your supposed to back them up.

Also Aygor or whatever your name is, please explain what logic means.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:55 am

No, what you did was call him ignorant and a Troll!! He has explained his comment, he said there is no evidence of God thus, by that logic, he believes that he does not exist!! There is really nothing more he needs to explain!! However, if you needed further elaboration you could have politely asked for it like you just did instead of insulting a new user!! As I stated, every user deserves to feel welcome here regardless of what you think of them, do not call anyone ignorant or a Troll from now on!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Aygor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:13 am

Korin wrote:I would've been fine with his opinions if he backed it up with more information than just a two liner or so. BTW I took it as a troll comment because that's all he said--nothing else, it sounded like some stubborn apatheiest/atheist that made that post.

I'm still waiting for his reply -- because it's very awkward to just say that and disappear from the forum, so please sir if you read this-please explain why you said that, as I don't understand why you did. People have their opinions, but your supposed to back them up.

There is no need to back such a self explanatory opinion up with more information.
His post was perfectly pertinent to the topic and therefore not trolling; I fail to see why you are so disturbed by that post as you described yourself as an apatheist agnostic in the religion thread with a much shorter post:
Korin wrote:Apathiest Agnostic

Code: Select all
I don't care.

Korin wrote:Also Aygor or whatever your name is, please explain what logic means.

If you don't know what logic means -which I doubt, as it would hint at some serious voids in your education- I am positive you can find better definitions and explanations online than I can give you.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Korin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:30 am

I change my post around, ignore older ones. Here is what I mean--HUMANS cannot know if a God exists or not, we don't have that type of power to know this information, so that's I argued at that guy because he sounded like he knew god didn't exist but HUMANS can't know that, it's DAMNED impossible to know the existing of Gods--so these debates about Gods existing or not--are just as pointless as Politics. IMHO

That's why I got so offended, it's not cause I'm religious--it's because I get offended when people say THEY know gods don't exist, but humans CAN'T know that that, so exactly...

I'll find out what logic means on my own then, kthx.

Also I am Apatheist Agnostic -- it's not the existing of the gods that piss me off, it's people thinking they know they don't exist and they got that lie in their damned heads... We can't know if they exist or not, end of discussion. I actually don't care about gods, it's only people thinking they know they don't exist that's upsetting to me. We can't KNOW! We DON'T have that knowledge yet!

I crossed it out, because I don't know if I'm apatheist agnostic or just agnostic :S
Last edited by Korin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:34 am

And yet again he did not say he knows that God doesn't exist, he said that there is no proof that he does thus he doesn't believe!! If you think these debates are pointless then there's really no need to get involved and insult another user!! Just don't reply if you feel you can't be polite to people and find the topic pointless!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Korin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:38 am

SunXia wrote:And yet again he did not say he knows that God doesn't exist, he said that there is no proof that he does thus he doesn't believe!! If you think these debates are pointless then there's really no need to get involved and insult another user!! Just don't reply if you feel you can't be polite to people and find the topic pointless!!

Get over that, I'm apologized, so please drop it. Also stop using "!!" all the time, you're shouting. :rangry: please and thank you, also I just wanna know why you use !! in every post you make. :huohu:

I understand that post now--since he was probably a lurker for a long time and just posted now... most likely.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:55 am

Korin wrote:Get over that, I'm apologized, so please drop it. Also stop using "!!" all the time, you're shouting. :rangry:

I understand that post now--since he was probably a lurker for a long time and just posted now... most likely.

No, I'm not shouting I'm telling you what you have done wrong!! I have always used these and I will continue to, you just perceive that I am shouting because at the moment you are in the wrong!! I am going to continue this in PM!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy