What courses are you taking?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: What courses are you taking?

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:41 am

Starting my MPIA in international relations and global political economy. The courses I'm taking this semester:

Administration of Public Affairs
Global Governance
Intermediate Microeconomics
Quantitative Methods
Professional Development

Gonna be a crazy, crazy four-and-a-half months. :)
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby devtherev » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:55 pm

BTEC In animal Care in Nescot college. I know for a fact one of the modules will be biology 8-) The rest who knows? But it'll be fun.
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:42 pm

My first semester this year includes Immigration Law, Family Law, Evidence, Hospital Law, and Legal Research and Writing II - Constitutional Law.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:50 am

I don't remember what I picked :? . I'm moving onto grd 10 so i don't really care that much haa... i only remember taking .. Food and nutrition. Forgot my other electives.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Human5 wrote:what do you mean by that?????!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, i'm not interested in biology. its required, along with geometry, english, human geography AP, and more.
SunXia wrote:
Human5 wrote:I am taking Geometry, webmastering, biology, and many others.

Oh?? You interested in the sciences then??

I do miss the ease of educational life!!

I meant that I love Education, I found it easy as I love learning!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:19 am

Back in school!

This semester:

Abnormal Psychology
Biopsychology
Statistics
Social Psychology

Didn't think I would do so well in Biopsych since I've never had any biology. That's right, for some reason I skipped all the biology modules in high school science. I had never dissected anything. We're dissecting a sheep brain next week and I hope I survive the experience.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby abcd99 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:21 am

Ah, so you're taking a Psychology Ph.D.

I'm weighing my options to get either an MD or an MPH as a supplement to my Ph.D. So, I'm taking after-hour classes:
Pharamacology 1
Principles of Clinical Research
Redox Biology
abcd99
Student

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:15 am

Do you have a Ph.D. already or are you working on one right now?

I don't know if I want a second Ph.D.---not sure if I want to go through the dissertation process again! Right now I'm aiming at a Masters in Counselling Psychology, but I haven't really decided on my area of interest yet. Most recently I've done multicultural counselling and I enjoyed it; however, having taught for years before that, I'm also quite interested in educational psychology, especially with detecting and dealing with learning disorders in late adolescence/early adulthood.

Holy, you do after-hours classes on top of working, and you spend all this time with fansubbing as well? :shock:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby abcd99 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:05 am

Yes, I have a Ph.D. in genetics.

I am a scientist by day, a translator by night; I still have time to take care of my family, to take after-hour classes, and to brush my teeth too. :lol:
abcd99
Student

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:20 am

abcd99 wrote:Yes, I have a Ph.D. in genetics.

I am a scientist by day, a translator by night; I still have time to take care of my family, to take after-hour classes, and to brush my teeth too. :lol:

I wish I have that kind of time-management skills. *sigh*

This reminds me of Fei Yi's biography:

At that time, many things were happening both inside and outside the borders, and the offices were bogged down with numerous administrative affairs. Fei Yi, having an extraordinary memory, needed only to skim through the documents and reports. He only needed to look briefly at something to understand the ideas in it. He read many times the speed of normal people, and neither would he forget what he read. Most of the time, he would attend to official business only in early morning and late afternoon, and during the time in between he would receive guests, feast and play, gamble and play chess, enjoying all the good things in life. Though this is so, he has never neglected any piece of his work. When Dong Yun replaced Fei Yi as Head of the Imperial Secretarial Office, he tried to imitate Fei Yi’s lifestyle. However, within ten days, a backlog of work built up. At this, Dong Yun sighed and said, “What a difference there can be in the talents of each person! I can never attain his level. Though I busy myself with official business all day, I still cannot attend to everything.”
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy