What courses are you taking?

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Re: What courses are you taking?

Unread postby Liu Pi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Having graduated last year with a B.Sc. in Human Rights and Philosophy I'm currently figuring out what the hell to do with my life and my fascinating (if largely useless) degree.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 am

Human Rights eh? hmm, nothing comes to mind..... sounds like a grand degree though.

Classes 12th grade,
Chinese AP
Swimming(I know right you'd think id know how to by now)
EUropean Literature
US.History
American Democracy/12th grade Political Class(whatever the call it now)
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 am

They offer AP Chinese now in American high schools? 哎,你可有幸运的鸟人!我上高中的时候连一门中文课都没有了,更不要提AP的! :D

Anyway, subject to change as I discuss with my adviser, my fall schedule will be:

Asian Studies-related Capstone Seminar
Behavioural Economics and Game Theory
Neighbourhood and Community Development
GIS (Geographic Information Systems) for Public Policy

Best of all, two classes on Monday, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday means a three-day week for me! (Functionally, though, it means three days I go to class and the other four I research, research, research and write.)
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 pm

woah WWD you didnt have any Chinese courses when you were in High School where did you go?

My Dads always hella mad about me not using my chinese, but hey i can basically read what your sentence is, so if thats not proof enough that i still know my chinese than i dont know what is.
WeiWenDi wrote:Best of all, two classes on Monday, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday means a three-day week for me! (Functionally, though, it means three days I go to class and the other four I research, research, research and write.)
tch lucky... 5 days of classes plus getting my college schtuff together gonna be hectic year.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:24 am

When I was in high school, they only had French, Spanish, German, Japanese, etc. When I went to Madison High School I studied German; and then when I went to Classical High School I studied Japanese. It was only when I started college at K that I could take Chinese.

吼吼~~ 然而,你还想练习你的中文,就可以参加神州儒士之中文标题!我看看,可不可以轮迴它... ;)
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:26 pm

I GOT A 5 ON THE AP HUMAN GEOGRAPHY EXAM!!! :D :D :D :D :D

:D
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Orochi42 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm

I just finished my first year of Sixth Form, and start my final year of pre-University education in September.
In September my courses will be A2 History, Law, Maths, and possibly drama, depending on if I drop the subject to free up more time for the first three.
Following that my subject will be either LLB Law, or LLB Law and Business, after which I may pursue a masters in law (LLM).
Orochi42
Tyro

Unread postby Semiazas » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Having just finished my first year of A Levels, the subjects I did were
Drama & Theater Studies
History
Maths

For my next year (which begins in September) I plan on continuing with Drama and History and dropping Maths. In it's place my plan is to do A Level Media in the course of one year as opposed to two (doing the work for the two years simultaneously)

After that comes uni, where I'll study a BA in Film Production. Once I have it, I'm not sure what I'll do next, but I doubt I'll be aiming for an MA.
Semiazas
Apprentice

Unread postby Tuo Xie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Classes I know I'll be taking in 12th Grade
AP Bio
AP Psych
AP Calc
Ballroom (awww yeah, it's time to "da bao")
Adv. Comptech + Networking (no idea what this is)
Gov/Econ
Lunch

Stuff I signed up for:
Medical Ethics
Med. Diagnosis
Human Diseases
Shakespearen Lit.
Conversational Spanish

Unlike sane people I totally stacked my senior year :x
Kekeke, the funnies are upon me :P
Tuo Xie
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:39 pm

I’ve just finishing a module on Karl Barth and on Philosophy of Religion.

I’m also about to start a module on Augustine's confessions and a 'Humanities in Education' module.

Yeah that’s right I'm think about spending a few years as a teacher before becoming a vicar. A few of you may remember how much I hated school and might almost be as surprised as me that I am that I'm even thinking about going back there.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy